• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Save the Date Opinion

happybratpack

<font color=green>Just Maryann :)<br><font color=b
OK, we finally had the StD's printed and they're on the way to me as we speak. We printed the group discount information for the three resorts that was provided by Disney.

So today I check out the "special offers" on their site and for the time of the wedding it's a huge difference between our group discount and what they're offering now.

ie - AKL can be booked that week for less than $160 a night w/ the new discounts vs the $212 group discount code for our wedding

SOOOOO...do I make something to go into the Save the Date envelopes that give this information? I don't want a guest paying $212 when they could be staying for $160, kwim?

Here are the StD's, I don't even know what I would make to insert in there that wouldn't look totally cheesy. I feel like screaming. I know I can add the info to our website, but not everyone is internet savvy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Front:
WDW_BoardingPass-8.jpg

Back:
WDW_BoardingPass2-9.jpg

For starters - Your Save The Dates are awesome!! :thumbsup2

Secondly - Personally I think if you add something simple like a post-it note to the resort info saying something like - Just found an incredible deal for AKW - $160 per night available on the website. It would give the info to your guests, and if I received that I'd think you had litterally just found it and were trying to let everyone know about this great deal.

:confused3 That might just be me though, and I don't know how much info you'd want to be giving to your guests about the new price and whether it would fit on 1 post-it... ??

What about getting printable business cards that could be included in the envelope? Staples/Office Max has them for around 15 bucks, you can use a disney watermark and make it more "festive." It's actually what we are using for our STD (we're using magnetic ones). If you purchase the Avery ones, I can email you the format with a Mickey/Minnie/Castle watermark.

Either way, your guests will appreciate the $50 savings, even if you put it in crayon!

Side question - how did you wrangle up a deal with the airlines? I know our guests would love that!

I love your STDs. I love the idea of the business card size note to inform your guests about the different price. You could always update that info on your Wedding Website and have it in print. Since STDs are so informal compared to the invitation itself, it wouldn't look cheesy if it was a little strip
of paper inside the envelope that passed along the info to your guests. At least you're being curteous to your guests letting them know there are rooms at AKL that are $50 less per night. That is a huge savings itself. And what a great price at AKL to begin with.

I'm also going to throw it out there that Vista Print is a really good website as well. If you pick a certain one of their free busienss cards (there are quite a few) you can get 250 business cards free. You just have to pay shipping...highest one i think was like $13 for faster shipping. I paid $5.31 for 21 day shipping.

I also did Save-the-date magnets. I'm waiting for them to arrive in the mail. They were half off so I got 100 for $18.

Love the boarding passes! They look great! As far as putting an insert in...if you think about it...when ever you get something from an airlines or credit card or what ever-there is always "extra" stuff...I think you can theme it to match-and it shouldn't be too hard. I would try a tri-fold brochure with *SPECIAL DEAL* on the front...

Are you using a sleve besides an envelope to place the boarding pass STDs in?if so an idea comes to mind. If you check out on ayleebits.com's website, there's a boarding pass sleve you can make yourself, and either on the front flap or inside flap you can type up the discounted room info for AKL. It fits with your STDs and they're super easy to make too.

Very cute STDs! Honestly, you're trying to save your guests money. If I were a guest, I wouldn't care how you tell me, I'd just be happy to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter