Savi’s experience as an observer?

Crystal2732

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any thoughts on what the Savi’s experience is like as an observer rather than a builder? We’re going in a couple weeks and have reservations for all four us — DH (huge Star Wars fan), DS 10, DD 8, and me.

It’s the one thing DH really wants to do on the trip and we decided that even though they’re on the young side, the kids are pretty big fans too and this is a one and done Disney trip, so we’re going for it.

What I’m not sure about is whether it’s worth the final $250 for me to build my own saber vs watch the three of them. I can’t imagine ever doing anything with it other than posing for photos in Galaxy’s Edge. But I also recognize it’s not really about the lightsaber but about the experience.

Any thoughts on whether observers get a decent approximation of the whole “experience” or if it’s a lot better actually building?

I know it’s probably a hard question to answer because “worth it” is so personal, but I’d love to hear any experiences about what it was like as an observer (without spoilers if possible).

I am a huge SW fan, and I loved building my own saber. However, the first time I went to Savi’s I was an observer as my college-aged, SW-loving son built a saber. It was great experience in itself. The storyteller was great, and I was moved enough that I might have shed a tear during the lighting ceremony. I’m not sure if you would experience goosebumps like I did, but if your kids and husband are fans, their excitement will definitely rub off on you. I’ve been an observer eight times total (and built twice), and I’ve loved it every time.

Thanks for sharing! That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear. I almost think I might enjoy watching them more than doing it myself.

I took ODS for his 12th birthday this year and I observed. This freed me up to take pictures and he did need a hand with something at one point. I’m not sure that it would be possible to build and take pictures, plus step in to help a kiddo if needed.

I went as an observer because I don’t have a need for one myself. I loved it. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

I experienced it as an observer and really enjoyed it. Would love to do it again!

I made my lightsaber while DW was an observer. I felt a bit rushed in there even though I already knew what parts I wanted. I don't feel like there is enough time for yourself to build one while also trying to watch and enjoy the moment through your kids eyes or help them along if they need it. Although I am sure the CMs there are really good at helping the younger padawans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter