• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saving Mr. Banks

very excited to see this when It comes out, it will be interesting to see how tom hanks can pull off being walt

I just watched the trailer and I think Tom Hanks was the complete WRONG choice to play Walt Disney. I have read numerous biographies, interviews, etc... (My favourite being Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination) and I think his portrayal (from the trailer) is far too playful. Also, it annoys me that Roy Disney is not featured in the film, or at least not listed on IMBD as a character of the film. Any basic Walt Disney fan will know that while Walt was the creative, the business fell almost entirely upon Roy's shoulders.

I guess I just hoped the first foray into a Walt Disney biopic of sorts would be a little more accurate. I understand it's a movie and it's "based on the untold story" but still....

That being said, I will see the film just to see how it turns out, here's HOPING that Tom Hanks does this iconic role justice.

I think this looks great and if the buzz is true this could be up for some major awards. And if that is the case then hopefully Disney can make a smaller film like this every now and then.

I am actually SUPER excited about this movie..as for some of you "nay-sayers" you may be very surprised..The movie is actually more about P.L. Travers and her history and her history with Walt Disney. It took about 10 years for her to actually decided to allow Walt Disney to have the rights to this movie...ALOT more to this movie than you might think..

I am actually SUPER excited about this movie..as for some of you "nay-sayers" you may be very surprised..The movie is actually more about P.L. Travers and her history and her history with Walt Disney. It took about 10 years for her to actually decided to allow Walt Disney to have the rights to this movie...ALOT more to this movie than you might think..

And with that statement, I believe you just made the point for the nay-sayers here. As little as the general public might care about Walt Disney buying the rights to Mary Poppins, at least he's a household name. Not many people know or care who PL Travers is. Will they care about her inner turmoil over selling the rights to a book?

Sometimes a more interesting movie can be made from a person or story that's not well known to the general public.

Ed Wood
The Social Network
Moneyball
127 Hours
Argo
The King's Speech
Goodfellas
Walk the Line
Ray

Sometimes a more interesting movie can be made from a person or story that's not well known to the general public.

Ed Wood
The Social Network
Moneyball
127 Hours
Argo
The King's Speech
Goodfellas
Walk the Line
Ray

Outside of maybe two on that list, you're not exactly helping the cause.

Sometimes a more interesting movie can be made from a person or story that's not well known to the general public. Ed Wood The Social Network Moneyball 127 Hours Argo The King's Speech Goodfellas Walk the Line Ray

I agree! Some really great movies on that list!

Disney could certainly use a live-action hit, after the embarrasments that were "Oz the Great & Powerful" and "Lone Ranger".

We saw clips from the film on the DVC cruise and I am so excited to see the movie. Richard Sherman said Emma Thompson's portrayal of Travers was spot on.

Considering that Travers was a pain to work with that might not bring back good memories

I'm honestly more interested in seeing "Escape from Tomorrow" than this drech. It looks a LOT more interesting! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter