Saving "One Man's Dream" - Signatures Needed

Is this official that One Man's Dream is closing? Does someone have a link to an official announcement?

Is this official that One Man's Dream is closing? Does someone have a link to an official announcement?
It really has to close (or move). It sits right in the middle of Pixar Place which is going to be made over and expanded. It would stick out like a sore thumb were it to remain in place.

They are closing that building before the announcement even? I was hoping to do Animation Academy in Dec, sounds like this wont happen now?

Wow, I knew it was a rumor (had a whole thread about the rumor not long ago), but I didn't know it was a done deal already. I understand the reasoning why it should be closed since it is in the wrong place, especially since Pixar Place is going to be expanded (or so rumor has it), however, I don't think that they should close it permanently. Instead, move it to another area of the park (somewhere down Hollywood Blvd or even Sunset Blvd would be a good place) , or at least put it in another park altogether. Heck, Epcot has a lot of buildings that need something in them in FW, maybe the powers that be can move it to one of those.

Maybe they could box up everything and send it on a tour of the U.S. A little bit of Disney World for those between visits and to encourage first timers to visit.

They are closing that building before the announcement even? I was hoping to do Animation Academy in Dec, sounds like this wont happen now?
Everything points to Animation Academy moving to a new and bigger space. But there's been no indication when that will happen.

I wouldn't count on being able to do it in December. It's closing on July 12. If they do reopen it (fingers crossed), I don't know if it will be by December.

In the fact it was a temporary exhibit for the 100 years celebration in 2001 I'm okay with it leaving oh 14 years later...

I'm glad you got your exercise jumping to conclusions. Has anyone considered that they might move "One Man's Dream" into the Animation building? There is a theater for the movie and plenty of room for all of the exhibits.

It's closing? Did I miss that somehow?

I got an alert from Touring Plans saying to remove Magic of Animation from my plans because of its permanent closure by my plan's date, but nothing about One Man's Dream. I read nothing about this. It's still in my plan anyway. So sad if its true. I hope I get to see it in August!

Last edited:
i did find this but it doesn't say its official

According to unofficial sources, and yet to be confirmed as of the writing of this article, Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream is also scheduled to close along with the Magic of Disney Animation or shortly thereafter. This attraction, which was designed to be a temporary exhibition to coincide with the 100 Years of Magic celebration at Walt Disney World, has stayed open many years beyond the original intention. As anyone can tell you, the attraction is sparsely visited and the final theater show is lucky to see 10% of the seats filled at any given point during operating hours.

I popped into it for only a few minutes last year (didn't have time to return) and absolutely LOVED what I saw!

It would at all surprise me if it did close temporarily, or even moved to a different location, but, at this point everything in this post is rumor. Nothing, other then the closing of animation has been confirmed. That area is going to be undergoing, according to rumor, major changes in the next couple of years.

It's OK to sign the thing if you want too. I mean, after all, I won't do any harm, but, again according to reliable rumor, they are going to be spending 3 Billion Dollars on DHS so change will be necessary. I don't think that it means complete elimination though. Believe me if they are committing that much money to this project, all the petitions in the world are not going to matter.

One Man's Dream is not closing with the Magic of Disney Animation Building. I have no idea what the future state will be, but as of this moment it is not scheduled to close.

I am sentimental about the attractions in WDW and am sad to see some of my favorites go in order to make room for a new plan, but change needs to occur in order to maintain DIsney's standard of excellence. I really miss Toon Town, and as an adult, dragged my little DGD through Minnie and Mickey's houses each and every visit, but I see that the expanded Fantasyland needed that space in order to realize it's potential.

I think that while DHS has some attractions that are special to people, the park is in desperate need of a makeover. WHen the majority of posters on the DIS can say that DHS is a 1/2 day park, and that if they will skip a park it is DHS, that means change has to happen. Personally, I find a lot to do in DHS, and it is often the park we hit for one last visit on our departure day, but on my last trip an older couple was sitting in the BATB theater behind us and told us that they visit WDW often, but DHS was probably the saddest park in the group. They would manage about 4 hours and leave every time. To me, that was telling. DHS needs updating and in order to do that some attractions need to go.

I am not one to ever stand in the way of a heartfelt petition, but I wonder what the result would be if every time Disney plans to update they caved to the petitions to remain the way they now stand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter