Saw Sting last night on Broadway in his show The Last Ship

SamRoc

DIS Veteran
Just loved it! My son and I are huge Sting fans. I enjoyed the music and the heartfelt story. Has anyone else seen it?

Glad you liked the concert. My brother has seen Sting but it was years ago when he was part of Police and thought him great. Love his music!

I used to love Sting, but he lost me after about the third solo album. Glad to hear you enjoyed the show!:)

Glad to hear it! My DH and are going the first week in January. I hope that ticket sales go up since I've heard that it's really hurting!

I know the show was doing poorly before Sting started in the show. I think he will be there til Jan 24. But on friday night it was sold out! I was really happy to see that as there are so many talented people in this show. I think him going in during Christmas was a really good idea! I honestly cannot stop thinking about this show and i am going back to see it again!

I saw the show before Sting joined. It is a beautiful story with great music but kind of dark. I love dark musicals but the general population and tourism crowd doesn't tend to. Bringing Sting in was the right oath the keep this show alive. I also love that rumour has it Sting is no longer taking his royalties for this production (he gets a massive check each week for being the somg writer) and personally paid the contract of the man he replaced so the production didn't have to loose even more money since equity says anyone replace before their contract is up must be bought out for the amount of their contract.

How much did you pay for tickets? I got $135 for 2 for a matinee December 30th. I'd like to get tickets for DH and ds16 for Christmas.

This is wonderful show that should not be missed with or without Sting in the title role. Like a previous poster said, it's a darker musical about real life people and their struggles. So beautifully done, emotional and powerful., Plus the music and choreography are fantastic.

I think we paid $140 for 4th row mezzanine. got and amex discount. i heard the orchestra is now $267!! I love shows like this, that are about people and their life struggles. it has so much emotion in it. The show reminds me of when dd and i used to go see Jane Eyre as much as we could before it closed. Such a powerful dark show also. What i loved was Alanis Morrisette giving money to the show to try to keep it open. I love what Sting is doing with his show too. I really don't like shows that rely on stage antics like Spiderman but instead tug at your heart with a story of real people. I can't stop raving about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter