Say Bye, Bye to King Kong!!

I read that article this morning...though I would miss Kong, this sounds like it could be a great ride. Now all they need to do is find somewhere to put a ride based on Shrek!

That article didn't sound like this is a certain thing at all. Using phrases like "Universal Studios is looking into..." and "...according to sources at the attraction who asked for anonymity" doesn't make it seem like anything's set in stone. If they just got their info from ride operators or similar employees, I'd be even more suspicious.

Kind of seems like the Sentinel is just finally getting around to reporting the rumors we went through here a couple months back. They may end up being right, but I'm taking this story with a grain of salt.

If true, Kong will be missed. Although, yes, I'd much rather have a coaster. Many signs are starting to look like this may be true, but I just can't see a Scorpion King theme in the New York section of the park!

If they do put in The Scorpion King coaster New York is gonna have 2 rides, and neither of them have anything to do with New York. They might as well take down the big back drop of New York if they do this.

I read somewhere (forgot the source), that they could somehow theme it as a museum, and that is where the adventure continues. Personally, I believe that Universal Studios needs an attraction with a good repeat factor. MIB is absolutely worthy of that. Since I hear that IOA is actually hurting USF's attendance, a new attraction for USF is a pretty good ideal.

Then again, it's the Orlando Sentinel people! The same morons that circulate news about the area theme parks weeks after they have been surfaced online...but remember, they also reported that some person purchased several thousand acres outside Orlando, so I could be wrong.

Please don't tell me Kong won't be there when I come in February! :(

I was thinking that if they do put a coaster in the Kong building that it might possibly be a launched coaster sorta like Rock n Rollercoaster. The building isnt tall enough for a chain lift. Hopefully it will be another B&M launched coaster.

I doubt it will be a B&M launched. I believe Hulk is the only B&M which launchs, and why would you have a similar ride right next door? I'm thinking either a thrust air, Premier launch, or a woodie. I think they could make a real good woodie in that building. They don't have to be that high and are a heck of a lot of fun.

Just to clarify the Hulk... it's a B&M coaster , but not a B&M launched coaster. B&M had nothing to do with the launch system, they only furnished the track rail for that portion of the track. The launcher is actually a Universal/MTS product for which Universal holds the desgin rights.

BTE, keep in mind that this is all still a big rumor. This project has not been funded, and that keeps it about as unofficial as it gets. For now, that's as far as I can go on the subject.

Originally posted by Earl
For now, that's as far as I can go on the subject.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm taking that as a hint.

I agree with rocketman23. i put more faith in EARL's one line than i do in the whole Orlando Sent-to-hell article:smooth:

rocketman23- Its possible to have another B&M launched coaster next door. It wouldnt be the same as Hulk so it wouldnt be a clone. Maybe it will have a horizontal launch like Rock n Rollercoaster. Im sure Universal has a pretty decent relationship with B&M between the coasters at IOA and the park in Spain so maybe that relationship might spawn another coaster. Maybe a new flyer coaster. Although that would be cool, I dont know what part Alton Towers has helped in developing that ride and weather they have any rights to it. I dont think it will be a Thrust Air either. It doesnt make sense to put that in a building. They would have to rip a hole in the building for the hill to go in and out of. A Premier would work. But if its going to be a launched coaster why not another B&M. I dont know how tall the Kong building is but an indoor wooden coaster could work and be pretty fun. What ever type of ride or coaster it becomes, if it does indeed change, will be great addition to the park.

Earl-I know its a B&M coaster. And to the general public its considered a launched B&M.By that I mean its a B&M and it is launched. Its just launched by Universal/MTS products. And might I add that the launch is my favorite part of the ride. Also what does MTS stand for?

To answer, or not answer, the first part: valid points, but, no.

MTS is the name of the company, they're in Minneapolis. They go by MTS, which I think originally stood for machine test systems.

But Earl, please give just a little more info, will Kong be open in February? Mahalo. :)

How high is the Kong building exactly? If they do not touch the shell of Kong, then we could know about how high of a coaster could go in there.

Molokai Gram.... the only way I can answer this is that since this isn't real yet, there is no schedule to close Kong. I could say that about anything is possible, but unless this becomes more than the rumor it currently is, nothing wil change.

It would be strange not haivng Kong at Universal, the big furry guys a park icon. :(

I'm secretly hoping that nothing happens to him but I would like to see a rehab.

really I don't know if this is any idicator at all but at the universal website they don't even have a personal page for king kong. Maybe they don't think it is a main attraction? Maybe they don't want to spend the time on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter