• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Say Bye, Bye to King Kong!!

Originally posted by IOAfan
I hate roller coasters!!!

Sir, you have offended me! I challenge you to a duel! Do you accept or are you a coward?

I want a, The Fast and The Furious racing coaster that goes all through new york. I think that old patent about that Apollo 13 roller coaster, or whatever type coaster it was would fit TF&TF idea. Two seater, enclosed vehichles, with 5 point seatbelts would heavily fit into the atmospher of a high powered suped up import. Also TF&TF seems lend itself to the hip high beat type image and mood Universal is trying to get in its parks.

Originally posted by rocketman23

Sir, you have offended me! I challenge you to a duel! Do you accept or are you a coward?

How about a MIB shoot-out? :)

Anyway, why not make a Kong coaster? You could have to coaster go around and under Kong as he smashed NYC.

If there were a Scorpion King coaster, I'd be the Scorpion King will appear for 5 seconds and get top billing. :)

Kong is fine the way he is. Leave him alone. I am going to Honolulu for a few days and you boys better not mess with him while I am gone. I really do not want to get to Universal in February and find Kong closed...especially if he is in the process of being turned into a coaster. ;)

A B&M coaster is two tall and big to fit into the building. Expect the coaster to be the size of a space mountain or somthing. I dont think this will be an ordinary coaster though. It might me somthing like a cross between disneylands Indiana Jones ride and Space Moutain. The ride will feature on board Music and live special effects like Fire Balls, Water, And high presure air. Imagine if there are in coaster type effects built into the ride like those beetle things in the movie attack your feet and the back of your seat like the mice at the Honey I Shrunk the Adience or the worms under your seat in Its tough to be a Bug show at AK. This will be a dark ride coaster that will blow people away.

Just got back from a great trip to USF, and was going to post a comment/question about this--a very nice and friendly employee at USF told us it was a definite that at the end of this year Kong would close...said that right after the holidays it would be going down to be replaced by a scorpion king ride...Of course take it for what it's worth, it is probably just a rumor like all the other ones :)

While it was great that you came across such an employee, but rest assured that it is not a definte thing. It's a big maybe. It hasn't been funded and until it has, Kong will continue to operate as is.

I know the rumors of Kong closing had been flying forever, but I would have been shocked had I not heard or read about it closing that soon, I mean thats just a couple of weeks away! Ahh wild rumors, gotta love 'em LOL

FWIW, I took at peek at Universal's newly revamped web site the other day and Kong features prominently in the the home page graphic.

Now I know it doesn't take long to change a graphic on the web, but it would seem odd that if Kong is going to be history in two weeks, they'd make him such an integral part of the home page.

Or am I missing something?

i agree with Kelly, kong may be on the downside, but i think it is a long way from being gone :smooth:

Rode it at least five times in the last ten years (once in 1992, twice in 1994, once in 1998, and once in 2000)...I love that ride...

IOAfan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter