Say.. Your laying in bed..you aren't tired..and you can't fall asleep. What do you do

disneyluvr13

Mouseketeer
Yes, I have this problem every sunday night. Thats why I'm on here so late, lol. But yeah, the problem is, I'm a Teenager. I stay up till all hours on saturday night, then wake up around 11:30 or 12:00. So when I go to bed on Sunday night, I'm not tired. I know this is random (and im weird :) ) but how do you end up falling asleep when you are wide awake? :)

I stay up late every single night. It's a habit dating back to when I was 5. What I do until I fall asleep is I imagine stories. Works every time.

play solitaire on my laptop for about a half hour.
that game always puts me to sleep. :upsidedow

You need to set a schedule and stay on it. Get up on the weekends at the same time you get up during the week. And when you go to bed, go to bed. even if you can't sleep, just lay there. I get so annoyed when its like one or two am and people post on facebook "I can't sleep". Well geez I wonder why, you're on facebook. :rolleyes:

Don't fall asleep with the television on either, the light and noise prevents you from getting into the deeper levels of sleep that actually revitalize you.

when i cant get to sleep i will play a movie on my laptop and just listen to it. I used to listen to the first Harry Potter movie nearly every night.

I count. I also do maths in my head, normally turning the amount of days until an event into hours, then minutes, then seconds. Counting normally helps me the most.

I either read or turn my TV on and try to find something to watch.
I always shut it off when I know I'm about to fall asleep.

honestly, i usually just daydream (/nightdream? lol) until i fall asleep.
but if i REALLY cant i usually listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxQYf9KT94
it relaxes me sooo much!! (and shows what a disney nerd i am :laughing:)

Before I opened the link, I said to myself "It better be Star Tunnel". I listened to it to get to sleep when in WDW a couple of years back because the sound of snoring really bugs me. I ended up having it on so loud that my parents complained that they couldn't sleep...

I usually text (someone's always awake) or I listen to calm music.

I usually close my eyes and make up stories. It entertains me and helps me fall asleep since my eyes are closed. Or sometimes I'll read a book if I have one close by.

i usually just panic

me too!!!! XD I hate that tho. I usually imagin myself driving to school in the morning. I do it step by step putting on brakes and everything. I no its weird but it usually works because its so mindless and boring. :upsidedow

I either just lay there, or I'll turn on the tv for like 5 minutes because my eyes start to close, but mostly I'll listen to my music. Something that makes you sleepy like a soundtrack from a movie. (Obviously, not an action movie...)

cant see the video because youtube doesnt work at school dang it :(

this happened to me and my best friend though last night!
last night was our first night back from vacation in the boarding house and we both couldnt sleep till 3am, problem was were in different dorms so were both just lying there thinking if the other was awake!

im so tired now though >_>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter