SB: A new must have book.

chessie

DIS Veteran
Have you seen CK's new Scrapbook Secrets by Becky Higgins?

I believe this book is going to become a must have. They came in at the LSS. I got a chance to brows through it but when I went back a few days later to purchase my copy, they were off the shelf. The owner said she will hold one back for me when the new order comes in.

Chessie

And I think you're right, Chessie.

Becky demonstrates a refreshing simplicity and focus on the pictures that is so often overwhelmed as we embellish our pages with stickers and diecuts, fancy sissoring, and paper piecings. And yet -- her work is anything but plain!

My first attempt to "scrap-lift" was a dismal failure -- but -- I sure intend to keep on trying!

I thought I was doing great (have done 4 pages) until I started visiting websites like 2Peas, etc. I am still overwhelmed at the prospect of cutting title squares! lol :) Is the book very advanced or are there things that a newbie could benefit from? I know the book is all the rage all over the internet.

Thanks!!

This book is AWESOME and could benefit ANY level of scrapbooker. This is my new favorite book. I also like their yearly Hall of Fame book.

christiansmom ,

Don't cut title squares. I used to do this too. Buy a square punch. They come in several sizes and style (straight or scallop edge). You can even frame your title squares. Their is also a company that sells precut squares of several colors in a bag. Personally, I think you get your money's worth out of the punch because then you can punch whatever color paper you need. It is fun to use patterned paper too.

KatMcD

I have just bought this book - I really wasn't going to get it as I wasn't that keen on the 'BH Inspired' layouts I was seeing (all that stitching etc) or the idea of having to get eyelets and brads etc etc , HOWEVER - It is a lovely book, I've just had a quick flip through it this morning (I'm supposed to be working, but I keep taking another look), and I am really impressed - I think there are a lot of ideas here that anyone can use, even without brads etc.

Bev

The brads and grommets are something I am sure I will not get into but I like the lacing.
I think I may try it when I come upon something it will fit.

I also like the buttons, but I would be afraid they would ruin the pictures in front of it. They tell me as long as you store your albums upright it shouldn't.

Chessie

well, I got home and had a good read of it, and I do like it - I don't think the brads/eyelets/grommets etc are actually essential to any of her designs - it's more about layout and color really. The stitching is growing on me, but I don't see me using it just yet.

Here is one I did last night - definitely inspired by the book.

Bev

Kate at Epcot

Bev,

Love it.

Irises are my favorite flower and purple my favorite color. Your little cutie completes it.

Chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter