SB: Downloading Fonts? How to use?

MermaidMom

Mouseketeer
I came across a link to Disney fonts in a thread here on the DIS:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/9711/fonts.htm

I have not used my computer much in scrapping but I think I may start to do more and more journaling that way. I type 1000x faster than I can write!

How do you "incorporate" or "import" these into your word processing program? I'm using MS Word (97 version I think). I have searched in the help but can't find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I've had my husband download the "Mickey" and "Minnie" fonts to use for a few headings in my scrapbooks. However, I can't help you with the downloading. Somehow I think that he just copied them into the font folder that MS Word accesses.

But what I can give you advice on is using the computer/printer. Make sure that the paper you use is acid and lignin free. This will prevent yellowing and damage to pictures on the page. Creative Memories has just come out with paper for this purpose. If I'm not sure of the paper, I always mount the what I have "typed" on acid free/lignin free paper and then use a page protector to protect the opposite page. Yes, it is easier to type your words than write, but I wouldn't give up completely on using your own handwriting. Maybe if you have a paragraph or two, type it up, but for quick descriptions like who, when, where, try to use your own writing. In a few years you'll be glad you did!

Good luck and happy scrapping.

mbs

Most fonts come in a zip file. What you need to do is save the file to disk. Then you will need to unzip the file. I use Win Zip. Just follow the prompts to do this. Be sure you remember or write down where the program is stored.

Next go to > my computer > control panel > fonts and click on the file menu. Go to Install new font. Highlight the new font, then click on ok. It should then be available for all of you applications.

I know this is just a quick explanation. If you need more detail, just go over to the Technical Support board. We'll be glad to help. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter