• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SB: Punches and tools

chessie

DIS Veteran
I have been very conservative in purchasing scrapping tools.

I have the CM cutting system, which I love. I have a few templates and scissors, which I seldom use.

I have been looking at the punches. The only one I have is the Mickey head. I think I might want to get a few.

I thought the large Square would be great for lettering and the flower would probably come in handy. I saw a primitive heart made by cutting off two sides of the flower at an angle.

Are there any other punches that you have found to be versatile? One you think you couldn’t get along without.

Chessie

Chessie-

I have a couple of sizes of circle punches-one is a little bigger than a quarter--it makes good "heads" and the other is about the size of a dime. I seem to use those a lot. I also have a large flower punch that I use not only for flowers, but "hair" on the punchart people etc... I have all the Disney punches just because is Mickey is on it, I need to own it :earseek:
I like the ones that are more versatile and have more that one use!

Happy Scrappin,
Candi

I've got a few disney ones. My favorite is the Pooh walking. I usually punch a few of them out to match the mat for my pictures. Then I just have pooh walking across the page. It works for me since each trip includes a visit to Pooh and Friends along with lunch at the Crystal Palace. That punch has been used lots of times!

mbs

Hearts are good, too. They make great flower petals. Cut in half they can make watermelon seeds or raindrops. I use them a lot. I like rectangles, too.

Any simple shape can have multiple uses. Most of the specialized shapes I prefer to share with friends. If you have any scrapping buddies, don't duplicate their bow punch or Mickey punch unless you think you would use it a lot. I can usually punch a variety of these shapes and put them in a baggie for future use when we crop together. I let them use the punches I have and we all come out ahead!

One warning: Punches are addictive once you start buying them!! I didn't have any for a long time, and now I'm hooked. Some basic shapes are a must IMO! I have the large circle, square and oval by Emagination Crafts which I use alot. I also have a 1/16 and 1/4 handheld hole punches. I also have a small triangle, egg, star, snowflake, heart and spiral. I use them alot, and they have so many uses.

I only a have a few punches - snowflake, spiral, mickey ears and a rotating basic shape punch I swiped from my kids craft supplies.
I use the spiral and mickey ears the most. I love placing mickey ear accents on almost every page, they are very subtle, almost like hidden mickeys. My kids think this is neat. For example I created a flag and used the head as the knob on the top of the flag pole. I also make mickey heads from 3 spirals.

I have to agree that collecting punches can be addicting. I have about 66 paper punches so far. There are so many more I want to get also. I buy most of my punches on ebay. I also love to buy the prepunched punchies from ebay also. I guess I better head over to ebay and check out the latest auctions for the day. ;)

I have a bunch of punches but find myself not using them much. When I do use them I tend to get annoyed at the time it takes to punch out lots of little shapes....but perhaps that's just because I often try to use lots of them at once. Maybe I just need to think of different ways to use them.....

But generally I find myself falling back on using stickers or one big die cut.

I don't have a lot of punches, but my favorites are my mickey head, castle, and spiral punch. I just recently figured out that I can run my paper thru my zyron sticker maker before I punch. Then all I have to do is peel the backing off and place the punch down. SO much easier then trying to put glue on a tiny punch afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter