• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SB: Scrappers stand up and be counted.

chessie

DIS Veteran
Scrappers stand up and be counted.

Inspired by a post by BevS97. I am truly surprised at how quiet the scrapbook portion of this board is. With scrapping being the hot activity that it is I am just curious as to how many of us are here.

Tell us about your current scrap project, even if you haven’t worked on it for a while.

My current project is my Disney Cruise scrapbook. I am about half finished. I am also working on an on-going book for my Grandson, who is 17 months old. I am enjoying both. I think I will miss working on my cruise book when the project comes to an end. It’s sort of like coming to the end of a good book.

Chessie

Hi,

I'm working on my first book which is off our Orlando vacation last month. I've done about 8 pages so far, and can see plenty more so I think it will be a big project. After that I want to work on my dd's baby book, so I am collecting bits and pieces for that, and I am considering making a small album for my mum and dad after my brother's wedding next week (but am having trouble finding the courage to make something so important).

Bev

I'm in on the count. I've just finished a book for my father and all his woodworking projects. Now, I'll continue my 2001 book for the family and will try to get started on something for my DS. I've got everything that I want for him in a box ready to go; plus all my pictures are organized. So, I just need to sit down and work on it. I've got 3 workshops scheduled next week. That should help.

mbs

Well, I'm mostly working on my Disney 2000 trip. I've also got several albums that are works in progress - a Christmas album, a family album, and an album for my dog. I'd like to get started on one for my husband and then I'm planning one to chronicle my relationship with my two best girlfriends. I'm hoping to start it at high school and bring it to the present. It will have our weddings, our children, the trips we've taken together, etc. It should be a lot of fun to put together a girly-girl album. Anyway, I think that's it for now, but you never can tell!

I'm also working on several albums right now. My current album which is about 3 months behind and an album for my parents that covers them from kids to their wedding. I was at Disneyworld in July and December, and then Disneyland in March so I have several Disney pages in the current album. I do a separate Christmas album and am two years behind on that. I also have a separate album for my high school, college and sports days. I am no where near complete on that one. I have bought an album for my boyfriends navy pictures but don't want to even think about starting that until I complete my parents album. I absolutely love scrapbooking.

Hi Chessie,

Count me in. I am currently working on our Nov. 2000 Disney trip and am about 1/2 done. It is already 34 pages ( or 68 sides). It may take 2 albums to get it done.

I also have several others that are ongoing:

My youngest DS's school book which I update at the end of each school year.

My DD's album from birth up.

My older DS's album from birth up

Have pictures organized and ready to start an album for younger DS from birth up

I have many other ideas for albums I would like to do, but have more than enough to do with what I already have going. Maybe someday:)

Elaine

I am a brand new scrapper. Before my December trip to WDW I knew I wanted to make a scrapbook from the experience. Before that I had put together a photo album with all my 1997 trip pictures, menus, tickets and text about the trip.

I bought an scrapbook when I was in World of Disney and then got paper, stickers and other stuff. I also attended a CM workshop.

So far I haven't started the scrapbook yet. But I do intend to do it.

I have 4 albums currently going-
DD's School Album (she just completed 1st grade)
DD's Regular Album (She's so active-I'm constantly adding new pictures)
Family Album-(this is where I put stuff that belongs to DH and me!)
a 5x7 Spring Break Album (we went to TX, Six Flags etc...)

In addition, I own my own scrapbooking-related business, so I am constantly filling orders for paper piecings, and trying to come up with new ideas. I have my scrapbook stuff out just about everyday, or I am on the computer doing something scrapbook related everyday. To date I have competed 9 albums (not including gift albums I've given away) my PRIDE and JOY being our Disney album from 1998!!! :earsgirl:

Happy Scrappin' Everyone,
I will make the effort to post more scrappin stuff too!

Candi

I have been scrapping for about a year and a half. The first scrapbook finished was with my friend. We did her Disney trip, of course.;)
I am currently working on my Nov 2000 Disney trip and my DD's second year. The problem is she is turning 4 next month so I am falling a bit behind!!:(
It is such a relaxing hobby and I love to take pictures! The problem I find is I over supply and then I have too many decisions to make.:tongue:

I've started scrapbooking fairly recently (last couple of years) ... I completed one for my nephews "first year" which made my sister-in-law cry .... I've done one of a trip I made to Washington DC with another nephew...that was fun!!

Currently I'm working on transferring the family photos from the old magnetic albums to scrapbooks ....lots of work to do there still ... I think it will take me years to complete...lol .... I'm the family "keeper" and I've got all the photos and I'm one of seven kids so you can imagine how many pictures I have to go thru.

I'm planning my first trip to WDW for December and I'm already gathering ideas and supplies for the scrapbook I'm going to make from that trip.

Being from the NYC area it's hard to find others who are really interested in this craft ... it's nice to know I'm not completely alone.

If anyone knows of any good scrapbooking supply stores in the NYC area ...or good online stores I would appreciate hearing about them...I haven't been able to find one yet !!

I have a few albums going right now....my son's that I just did a power layout for, my daughter's that I need to get reprints for, and my family album. I also occasionally do pages to add to the 5x7 albums I gave to the kids grandparents last Christmas. I also have my wedding album to do (redo...it was almost 9 years ago) and an album for my 1999 WDW trip. Oh, and my ds and I are working on an ABC album, plus I want to make one for my dd too!

I started scrapbooking last fall...after my Aug. 2000 WDW trip....I did finish that album, did some gifts, and was current and had worked all the way back to Christmas of 1999. Now I'm behind again....have my dd's birthday, Easter, Memorial Day to do and I have about 5 rolls of film from our trip to the beach last week (eeeekkkkk!) I've gotta stop taking so many photos! LOL. I had been wanting to start for several years...then planned to do a book for our 1999 WDW trip and my camera broke! I've just recently given in and decided to go ahead and use the digital pics my dh took.

Also I recently went through and sorted all my photos back to my childhood...eventually I'll get them all scrapped (like when my kids are grown up!)

After deciding that the WDW Millenium scrapbook is a piece of junk that will probably have to be redone in a year or two :-)mad: ) I've started using all CM albums and I'll be color coding them....Evergreen for my family ones, Black for my ds (he picked), Plum for my dd, and I think I'll use Navy for WDW trips.

I usually just read the boards but decided to "stand up and be counted". I have been scrapping for just a year now and love it. I started practicing with old photos and have recently decided to jump right in and do my Oct 1998 WDW Trip album. It is about 1/3 finished. I use 8 1/2 x 11 size and sheet protectors so I can easily jump around as an idea hits me. I don't think I would ever finish an album if I had to put it in order first!
I also am working on a recipe album so I love reading all the recipes everyone posts.

count me in---have been scrapping for 2 years. I'm currently working on Christmas '00 for us, and 2 5x7's--one for each grandma as Christmas presents. I use Creative Memories, but I sure wish they would add some Disney-themed stuff. This is my only disappointment with them. However, Dan Murphy suggested MouseMemories.com about a year ago. I have ordered Disney supplies from them and was very pleased. I have always thought this would be an especially good hobby if you lived way up North, where you're indoors for much of the fall/winter.

Kirsten-

I lived in Omaha, Nebraska for 3 years and you are right. Scrapbooking made a great hobby when there was 3+ feet of snow outside!

Happy Scrappin-
Candi:cool:

I've been scrapping for several years. I'm currently working on the end of our 1999 album. We took a December trip to WDW, so I'm in the middle of doing all those pages. I'm SO behind!!! So many photos and so little time.

Kirsten

I totally agree! I am pretty loyal to Creative Memories, but it's hard to do Disney albums when they do not have Disney-themed supplies.

Elaine

I guess I've been scrapping about 3 years. I consider myself a scrapbook supplies "collector." This week I've started pages for our Disneyland/Dec 00 trip, which was magical. In a couple weeks, I'll start pages for our beloved first trip to WDW in January.

I literally collected supplies for 10 months before I whacked a single photo. I have completed 5 years of holidays, baby's first year, & Hawaii/Apr 00.

I am also sending my folks perpetual pages to add to their 8-1/2 x 11 book I started for their 60th Anniversary over Christmas break. It starts out with a poem featured last fall in a CM newsletter, for a perpetual "Grandparents" book. During my '100 days of scrappin' this summer, I hope to send them a dozen more sides.

While in Ohio at the beginning of this month, I mounted 50+ sides of my family's magnetic messes. I shot 2 rolls of film while there on a geneology trip & have done the unthinkable - misplaced both envelopes of photos w/the negatives still inside. Although I've learned my lesson that you never touch photos while taking meds for bronchitis :crazy: , I'm having a hard time getting over this... :(

I am currently working on a 2001 Dis book,
my DS book ( about 1 year behind) and DD #2 14 years behind....she is 16....My oldest is next, I did her high school, and school age one for graduation. I put all 13 years K-12 in the beginning and then followed them with pix from the different years. Everyone loved them at the party.....

I love scrapping.......but ohh if there were just more hours in a day....

I've been scrapping for several years now. Vowed not to get involved in another craft, but voila, I love it!

I started trying to do albums for my 2 children, ages 22 and 18, so I had a lot of sorting, etc. to do. Sometimes I get away from those albums and work on more recent events, just for a change of pace.

I now have graduation for 2nd child to work on and oldest was in visiting with his family, so have plenty to keep me busy.

I do feel that when you start scrapbooking, it makes you want to use your camera more often. I find myself saying "this will look good in the album". I take many more pictures than I have in recent years, with the intent to include them in an album.

I am faithful to my CM albums, I personally like them the best, but do go to other supply stores and on-line to find stickers, die cuts etc. There are a lot of Disney related items out on the market.

mickey4ver

Losing photos is so disappointing! I'm sure they'll turn up eventually. Seems like an awful lot of pics to just disappear.

When we came back from WDW last year I got everything developed and didn't realize until I began my scrapbook that I was missing a whole roll of film! I was in a panic. I did find it at the bottom of one of our bags...thankfully. They were pics of my dd's first character meal at the Crystal Palace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter