SB- Stores in NYC area??

Tink464

Mouseketeer
Are there any NYC area scrappers out there??? Have you found any decent scrapbook stores in the NY area? I'm tired of Michael's and Joann's and are looking for a scrapbook specialty store. I went to one in Staten Island over the weekend. It was nice, but small. I've visited stores in Atlanta and St. Augustine and they were wonderful!!!! Huge stores filled w/lots of great merchandise. I saw a listing of a store in East Islip called Scrapbook Alley. Has anyone ever gone there???

As far as I know, there are no craft stores in New York City (sob!!)

The closest craft store would probably be Frank's Nursery and Crafts in Yonkers, but I have no idea how to get there. There is a huge JoAnn's at the Pallisades Mall in Nyack, but you'd probably need a car to get there. That stores has lots of supplies of every craft imaginable (even scrapbooking!) There are probably other stores on Long Island, as well as Treasure Island in New Jersey.

I get my craft fix when I visit my parents in Florida, or my friend in Pennsylvania. Or visit the Pallisades Mall. I don't have a car so I tend to stock up (I will be cross-stitching until the next millenium!!)

If anyone knows otherwise, please let us know!!

Donna

I don't live in NY, but this link might be helpful to everyone:

http://www.lsslinks.com

They have a list of scrapbook stores broken down by state. If you have a ss store, they have a place to submit your information as well. It would also be a great thing to look up if you know you are traveling to a certain area!

Happy Scrappin,
Candi

Check in the back of the Creating Keepsakes Magazine. They also have listings by state

I think there are actually 2 or 3 stores on Long Island now, but I haven't visited any of them yet. In NJ, there is a store in Bayonne, The Scrappbook Shoppe, www.thescrappbookeshoppe.com. I believe it may be accessible from public transportation. Further out, in central NJ, is CropNShop in Metuchen. They are located 2 blocks from the train station in Metuchen via NJ Transit (my dh commutes into NYC on that line). They also have a website, www.cropnshop.com. This one is worth the trip in comparison to other stores I have been to in NJ. Oh.. one more accessible by train is Scrapbooking Moments in Time in Bound Brook, NJ. It is directly across the street from the train station in Bound Brook (Raritan line on NJ transit). It is a newer store and has strange-ish hours... after 3pm weekdays (not strange when you consider that the owners also have "regular" jobs).

If transportation is not an issue, you may want to check out the Crafters Workshop in Elmsford, NY. They make the most wonderful designs on heavy cardstock, expensive, but beautiful!

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter