• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SB: What magazines do you take?

chessie

DIS Veteran
What magazines do you take?

I don't subscribe to any scrapbook magazine. I usually pick up one now and then Usually when there is a feature that I am especially interested in.

I Just picked up the October/November issue of Paperkuts for the first time the other day. I picked it up for the leaf punch treatments. I am particularly interested in the maple leaf for my Canadian vacation album. I thoroughly enjoyed this issue. I am thinking of subscribing to it.

What scrapbook magazines do you take, why do you like that particular magazine and which is your favorite?

Chessie

I get Creating Keepsakes and it is my favorite. Paperkuts is good, but it is mostly layouts. I love CK because they always have GREAT articles and they keep pretty up to the moment with all the new techniques and items that are available.

HTH,

I used to subscribe to Creating Keepsakes but let my sub run out. I really find them a bit intimidating to try to put together pages that nice :-). So every now and again I'll buy an issue or the two books I bought, but I end up not really using the ideas. I do like the advertisements for the new products.

I don;t get to crops or even stores being in the North of England, so magazines are my lifeline.

I get CK, PaperKuts, Ivy Cottage (but I think I might stop it's not my style at all) and Scrapbooks Etc most months.
I have had Memory Makers but I don't get it regularly.

I get them all about a month after everyone else, so it's quite frustrating reading all about the great articles etc when I have only just got the previous months!

Bev

that's for sure, since the temptation is to spend more time looking at layouts than creating them. I really liked Snapshot Memories, for their emphasis on the photographs. Unfortunately they have stopped publishing, though, and bought out one of the others - I think it is creating Keepsakes. Hopefully some of the editorial content on photography will translate into the other magazine. I like Paper Kuts and Memory Maker, too.

Creating Keepsakes is putting out a new magazine based on simple layouts. I just subscribed and will be receiving the first issue in December. I'm anxious to see if it lives up to the name. Personally the big fancy layouts are not my style. They take too long and my goal is to focus on the pictures not the layouts so I'm very interested to see what happens. I love the other magazines, but for the most part their layouts don't do it for me, but the articles are always interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter