• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

scam? Apple iTunes email.

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
i'm checking with DD. today DS got an email for a confirmation buying a 3 year exercise video for $399. It said if did not buy go to website link provided in 24 hours. It goes to a site short daddy so I say scam. I am pretty sure I unlinked my credit card from ITunes from a DIS thread recommendation from here.

i'm checking with DD. today DS got an email for a confirmation buying a 3 year exercise video for $399. It said if did not buy go to website link provided in 24 hours. It goes to a site short daddy so I say scam. I am pretty sure I unlinked my credit card from ITunes from a DIS thread recommendation from here.
I got that too! My card associated with iTunes is expired, so I wasn't worried. But it scared me at first!

Definitely a scam. What I do when I'm
not sure is click on the sender address in the actual email. Usually it ends up being some ridiculously long email address with letters and numbers. That's the best way to see if it's a scam email.

Have received a ton of these emails recently. I always check my actual ITunes account just to make sure but won't ever click a link within the email. I hate these!

MJ

Definitely a scam. What I do when I'm
not sure is click on the sender address in the actual email. Usually it ends up being some ridiculously long email address with letters and numbers. That's the best way to see if it's a scam email.

I do the same *click on their email address* ~ I discovered that method earlier this year.

I also got the itunes $399.00 email last week ~ scam

I opened my itunes account and changed the ~ Payment Type to no credit card on file.

Be very careful. I had almost the same. "Statement" email for some App I had Purchased. 65 bucks. So I started yelling at poor DS,12 his iphone rights are gone. I had assumed he some how got around my parental app buying blocks. He swore he didnt. Of course stupid me clicks where it says to when "disputing". And then logging in. As the website was excately the same as apple's itunes website. Only after checking more inline i learned that 1. email looks official until yöu click full view. Was not apple.on or itunes.com at ending. 2. website url. Not 100% but close correct.

In a panic officialy changed password. Notified apple and took CC infos off.

It's a real issue with apple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter