Scavenger Hunt

MARGARETMOUSE

Mouseketeer
Help plan a scavenger hunt!
I'm looking for some help planning a scavenger hunt for my 5 yr old son. I was going to do one through Gifts of a Lifetime, but due to circumstances beyond my control (no money!) I'm not able to do it. So, I'm going to plan one myself. I'm thinking along a Pirate theme.

Here's the plan so far:

Upon arriving at MK, I'm going to rent a locker and put a gift and clue in it.

We will be exploring Adventureland, Frontierland and Toontown that day, so I will be leaving a clue in each of these areas. The clue will consist of a "treasure map" kind of thing with either a riddle or pictures on it and a little gift.

I was thinking of having my DS find the first one going onto the POC. Then maybe on Tom Sawyers Island. I'm not really sure.

The last clue will lead him to the locker. Inside it will be another clue leading us to the Polynesian (we have PS for the luau). After dinner, I was gonna have another clue lead to the marina at the Poly and have a MK fireworks cruise.

So, that 's the plan so far. It's very rough. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and if anyone has any simple riddles I could include, let me know!

Thanks!

:earsgirl:

My son is also 5 and loves Captain Hook! I too wish I could delegate the planning to Gifts of a Lifetime......ahh, welll!

Here are some things that popped into my head:

Purchase some "pirate" items before leaving and stow them away after each clue is met.

They have a Tinkerbell box inside the gift shop in the castle where Tinkerbell sleeps. One child is able to open it a day. I believe it is behind the cash register. I think the first child in the store to ask about it is able to open it. I would call ahead of time to make sure this is true.

Find out where the characters are at the park. Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Mr. Smee. Unfortunately, the only time you can see Tinkerbell is at the Fireworks that night when she flies from the castle.

I would have him wear the Captain hook hat as wearing an entire costume would make him too hot.

There is a shipwreck at the Beach Club. There is a story about the Shipwreck and how Stormalong Bay came to be.

There is a Pirate Curise that csts off from the Grand Floridian marina. They cruise around the Seven Seas Lagoon in search of treasure. They get a bandana, hear a reading of "The Legend of Gasparilla" learn pirate songs and receive a bag of "loot" (treats). Lunch is included and cruises are from 10:00 a.m.--12:00 p.m. Monday thru Thursday. Cost is $24.95 per child, ages 3 to 10. (Thank you to "Passporter" for this information---the definitive WDW guide as far as I am concerned.)

There is also the Never Land Club (at Polynesian) which is a themed club. They have an open house daily from noon to 4 p.m. for kids and their parents. (Also compliments of the "Passporter")

That's all I have for now. I hope others can think of things too!!!

Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter