Scheduling WWYD?

leslie826

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I’m stressing over a scheduling dilemma. For months, I’ve had a solid plan set as follows:

Arrive on June 19 – LAX at 10:55 am – Check into DLH, pool day (with early bedtime after early flight and time change). We will have 3 day tickets.

June 20 – DLR

June 21 – DLR

June 22 – Last day at DLR, check out of DLH and check into house in Hollywood that evening

June 23-27 Walk of fame, Hollywood sign, California Science center, Santa Monica, warner bros tour, some other things I’m forgetting…

Here’s the dilemma… I can possibly get tickets to see a taping of Fuller House on Friday the 22nd. We’d have to be there at 2:30 pm. This is supposed to be our last DLR day, and I’m so torn. Some options would be... to just go to DLR for the morning, and then head to Burbank (cutting short our last day), OR not going to a park on the 22nd at all and driving back to DLR from our Hollywood house later in the trip for our 3rd park day, OR having our 3rd park day be the day we arrive. I’m not really sure I like any of these choices, but I know my kids would LOVE to see the Fuller House taping. What would you do?

No advice but we have been looking for something to do on an off day and this would be perfect!!!!! Until I saw the minimum age was 10 and my youngest is 7 1/2. Ugh!

I would definitely see the FH taping - what fun! I am always excited enough to get to the parks the first day, that I would make that a park day. I did 2.5 park days last trip and felt it was a good amount of time. We saw what we wanted to see and got to double back and do our favorite things again.

No advice but we have been looking for something to do on an off day and this would be perfect!!!!! Until I saw the minimum age was 10 and my youngest is 7 1/2. Ugh![/QUOTE

Mine is too :( My husband offered to take him somewhere else and let me take the girls to the filming. Not ideal but my girls would absolutely love it and something we’ll never get to do again!

I would definitely see the FH taping - what fun! I am always excited enough to get to the parks the first day, that I would make that a park day. I did 2.5 park days last trip and felt it was a good amount of time. We saw what we wanted to see and got to double back and do our favorite things again.

Thank you! Knowing this makes me feel much better!

I would do the FH taping. That is more “once in a lifetime” than that extra time at DL is (even if you think it’s unlikely you’re going back to DL soon - it is possible while seeing a tv show taping is more unlikely)

If you go to the Fuller House taping I recommend getting there an hour or two ahead of the scheduled meet time. In my experience they tend to give away more tickets than can fit in the audience.

Unless you have priority or VIP status. I would skip the Fuller house taping and go with the parks.
You would have to be there a lot earlier than 2:00 to ensure you would actually get in the taping. They give out a lot more tickets to the show tapings than they let in. A ticket does not ensure or guarantee entry. They turn lots of people away. We were going to go to a show taping last year until we checked the reviews and what the experience was actually like for others. There is a specific review from last summer for Fuller House on trip advisor. Here is a quick summary of the experience they reported so you don't have to go track it down. The show was set for 4:00 p.m. People start lining up at 7:00 a.m. The people writing the review got there at 9:30 a.m. and were numbers 8 and 9 in line. They then sat in line in a covered concrete garage on a backless bench until 2:00. By 2:00 at least 100 people were lined up. The VIP and Priority ticket holders then started showing up and were admitted first-- if you are lucky, that will leave space for some of the people in the regular line to get in. That day, they only took 24 people from the regular line- meaning that the people that got there at 2:00 p.m. did not get in. Since they were numbers 8 and 9, they did get in. The taping lasted until 9:00 pm.

When we were going to do it last summer, it was not for Fuller House- but there were tickets available for 2 kid friendly sitcoms that DD likes. The reviews for the tapings we were looking at had similar experiences as the above, and also for at least one taping, the VIP/Priority took ALL the seats so the people in the regular line waited all day and did not get in. For others, 10 or less in the regular line were admitted. We read story after story of people who waited hours and hours and were ultimately turned away. We decided not to take the risk of wasting a day of our vacation. We also did not want to spend half a day just sitting in line (and some of the lines are outside in the heat). I'm sure the taping would be a great experience, and my DD acts so she would really love to watch the mechanics, but the thought of having to sit and wait for hours and hours, and then not be guaranteed to even get in, made the risk greater than the reward for us.

Here is an old disboard thread with people discussing their experiences- I don't think the procedure has changed much in the last 5 years- at least not that we found in our research last year:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-channel-show-tickets-tips-on-how-to-get-them.2951479/

The taping lasted until 9:00 pm
THIS!

be sure you are prepared to be there about 5 times longer than you expect. We went once years ago. At about the 4 hour mark we lied and told them my sister was ill and we needed to leave before she passed out. While it sounds like a fun thing, it gets really boring watching the same scene over and over again. Personally, I'd go for park time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter