• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

School fashion show fundraiser question

akhenaten

<font color=green>Lucky for husband, the neighbors
I have three kids ranging from 27 to my youngest who is a freshman in high school.

The big fundraiser for her catholic high school is a fashion show/ tricky tray. She is a cheerleader, it is 'tradition' for them to model. I just found out today that they need to join a'modeling club' and pay $30.00 to participate.

This just strikes me as wrong...in all of my experience over the years running fundraisers students who volunteered were never charged!

They do get fed..but so have my other kids in similar situations...without being charged!

Opinions?

That's weird. We have a senior fundraiser, it's like $75 a ticket, at a really nice banquet hall. Kids model either their own clothes (prom), or local businesses, that are donated for the evening, plus student talent acts, and the usual tricky tray and 50/50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter