• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant Cant Get A Reservation!?!?

AnthonyAllShore

Earning My Ears
I am attempting to get a reservation for 3 on either April 16th or April 17th. It keeps offering options for 2 guests but not three. Is this a hard get? I know its kinda last second, but I was wondering if there are any tips or tricks that I should be aware of. I do check the Disney app about 4-5 times a day hoping for the best...

I have also found this to be one of my hardest-to-get ADRs lately. Maybe just because DHS is booming now and it's such a fun family-friendly restaurant? Have you tried using the reservation finder on Touring Plans?

I've been trying for weeks to get a ADR for one of our two days in June (also have a TP finder set up) and can't get anything. This is a family favorite of ours, and always one of our hardest ADRs to find unless booking at 180 :(

ETA: Looking for 3 people also and trying for 4 hasn't helped, although it's available for 2.

See if you can get 2 ressies for 2 and then asked to be seated close together if possible

It’s tough to get and if those are busy dates even tougher. It is very popular place. Also the car tables seat two per row. Even so three should be same as getting 4. I think it is just too short out. We always get at 180 window. Keep trying sometimes one will pop open. You could also try a walk in as the have picnic tables in back they sometimes save for those.

See if you can get 2 ressies for 2 and then asked to be seated close together if possible

This does not usually work at Sci -fi. The hostess know this game and are quick to say most parties of two are "hitch hikers ". Just be prepared if you go this route you might not sit together. We have tried 2 times over the last 4 years. But it doesn't bother my family to split up.

It's been one of the harder to get ADRS for some time now - I put it up there with ohana and the "old" B & C.

odd numbers seem to be difficult.
Agree, try for 4.
Haven't had much trouble getting it at the 6 month window, but hard to modify after that.

When we were there we couldn’t get a reservation but we walked in before 5 and they said they had non-“car” tables available for walk in. We got seated 10 minutes later and got one of the semi-car tables at the back. So try walking in and see what you get.’

The past few years it’s been tough to get a reservation here. I just made reservations for August and at 180+3, I got a reservation for 4 but not at the time I was hoping for. My choices were either to settle for lunch or have a very very late dinner. There have been times I’ve tried to move around a reservation here and have had a lot of difficulty. I do have a reservation finder set up for a better time though and I’ve had luck with that so I’d suggest going that route.

Brutal ADR to get, no question. Try TP Reservation finder as others stated.

We did it last time by walking in and then gave us a seat although they mentioned we wouldn’t get to sit in a car. We took it.

At the end of the day, it’s just a mediocre meal. HS food is pretty rough, outside of Woody’s Lunch Box.

We got it this year, but couldn't get it last year. It's not at an ideal time, but it's one of the things that makes us come back to WDW.

Because this is a "must do" for me every trip, I usually book it the first day my window opens for reservations. Odd number or not, it has never made a difference.

But persistence in this case will be your friend. Keep trying and I think you will get a ressie. Even if it's not at your preferred time, take it and continue to try to edit... had this work many times!

As other have said, checking closer to your date, but more specifically, 24 hours before too. People change their mind on the park they may head to that day and do not want to pay the cancelation fee. With all the boarding group drama, this just may be a wild card for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter