Sci-fi Dine in worth it?

The atmosphere is amazing and its fun to watch the old bad movies. And you get to sit in a "car" to eat. The burgers are really good as are the milkshakes. We haven't tried any of the other food besides the burgers. Its one of our favorites for lunch at HS.

And now I am realizing that the 2:45 time might be nice to sit and rest and relax for a while anyway so may keep the time.
You don’t mention when you’re going but Sci-FI makes for a nice break from the heat! It’s so well done, great detail and the food is good, and I’ll still go, even though they’ve done away with my favorite (The Reuben) :sad:

Another YES for Sci Fi. The burgers are tasty and the drive-in theme is amazing. Always on out "must do" list.

It's one of our favorites. We love the atmosphere (and we're the people saying, "Seen it!" to most of the movie trailers). The burgers, shakes, and sides are all good (though I miss the salmon BLT they used to have; it was delicious).

It's Awesome....just don't get the steak! Went during Free Dining...and I like getting the priciest item...and the steak was horrible. Stick with the burgers and sandwiches!

Last time we went I got the steak and it was awesome! I was actually quite impressed and would order it again. I have most definitely had better steak at high end places, but this was a great steak for a Drive-in!

We've really enjoyed it and it's one of my "must dos" for when my 60-something mother in law joins us one of our upcoming trips. I think she'll get a kick out of sharing the "drive in" experience of her youth with her grandkids!

We tried on our trip this past March for the first time. Food was good, atmosphere & AC were great! We had a time similar to yours and went early asking if they could get us in early. We had to wait maybe 10 minutes but they were able to accommodate us. Not a promise that it would happen, but you could ask.

Make sure what the specialty shake is - it's normally seasonal (as far as the flavor) and always great ! I've had pumpkin pie, key lime pie, apple crumble- candy cane- just to mention a few - soooo good !

Absolutely worth it. We have eaten at Sci Fi each time we go to Disney. Our kids love the atmosphere. I have to say that given that we are coming from a hectic, hot park - it is nice to go in and it be quiet, dark and cool. It is so weird for it to be so quiet in a restaurant since everyone is just watching the movie and not talking.

When we stay CL we don't mind a 2ish lunch. Some of our kids sleep in and we eat around 9:30 - take some snacks to have in the parks from the CL lounge. Then 2:45pm is not a problem. Then we have snacks in the lounge later. I bet you will get an earlier reservation when it gets closer to your visit.

Enjoy!

Sci Fi is our family favorite! Love the burgers, shakes, and the movies!! We actually have a drive in theater in our town! It's wonderful to go there in the summer and sit outside and watch the movies! The intermission cartoon is just like they show at the Sci Fi!!

In the minority here, but we find the food to be very average for a TS restaurant, and as a family of 3, we do not care for the seating arrangement. We gave it a try again a year ago after several years of skipping it due to the great reviews the food was getting here, and we left thinking "meh". Still the same average food in a less than ideal environment for us.

My family does not like Sci Fi but we are in the minority. The food was just ok and I hate the seating if you have three people in your party. It is a good place to try once or twice (we have tried twice) but we won't be going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter