Sci Fi Dine In- Yay or Nay?

Go for it! you won’t regret it. Is THE most quiet restaurant, awkward sitting? yes but isn’t the end of the world. I went with lower expectations about the food and was very impressed with my burger one of the best I’ve ever had. Have fun!!!

Agreed!!

And I might add if you can get an earlier time, keep in trying as it took me a bit to get the time we wanted......most of all have fun!!!

Im sorry, someone told you this place was LOUD??? :lmao::rotfl2: Wow! Whoever told you that clearly has never been inside the restaurant. SciFi is one of the quietest restaurants around. Everyone is busy (facing forward) watching the cheesy but awesome clips.

I absolutely love the theme at scifi. Its one of my fave places to eat. Yes you are in a car facing forward. Yes three is awkward because its two per row, so one person will eat alone...unless you ask for a regular table when you check-in (still within a car). Alternatively, there are the odd tables at the back of the restaurant reserved for walk-ins.

If you want to see the fireworks, then i would not dine here at 8:55pm. I'd keep looking for an earlier reservation.

Haha! Noise doesn’t even bother us, but this person said it was so so loud so I was like hm, I wonder how loud it could possibly be. Im more concerned with the awkward seating but at the same time, I understand why it is done that way, so if we are into what the experience has to offer, we’ll keep the reservation and look for a better time. Thanks!

We had lunch there last fall and really enjoyed it. There were just two of us, so we were "hitch hikers" behind a family of 3. They chit chatted with each other without too much difficulty.

We thought the food was really good. DH and I both had burgers. It was very quiet, dark and cool in there - a fantastic break from the park.

We usually go to 50's PT, but tried Sci Fi our last trip. It was for lunch and I really enjoyed that the food options were much lighter than when I would stuff myself with at 50's!!

We were a party of 3, in a 3 row car. Hubby and DD13 in the first row, me behind them and a random couple behind me. I did miss not talking to anyone :( Like a PP said, I looked at the back of their heads. Foodwise, I liked it and it was cool to go to and see once. I wouldnt object to going back, but it wouldnt be my first pick.

We love Sci Fi! We didnt do it on our 1st 2 trips to WDW in 05/06 because ppl on here were down on it,but we had a 10 day trip in 09 and went and had soooo much fun! We go EVERY trip now. We always get good servers. We love the atmosphere so much.I like it better than Prime Time.

we went for lunch one year. I had always wanted to dine there and we did enjoy it but the food was nothing to rave about. for us it was a one and done type deal. I'd definitely not dine there for dinner so late. try for lunch, I think it's better suited for that time of day

We had a nice experience in December 2015. They did a breakfast and my husband loved it. I wish they would bring that back! We are reserved to go back later this year.

Haha! Noise doesn’t even bother us, but this person said it was so so loud so I was like hm, I wonder how loud it could possibly be. Im more concerned with the awkward seating but at the same time, I understand why it is done that way, so if we are into what the experience has to offer, we’ll keep the reservation and look for a better time. Thanks!

It's one of our favorites on property and we try to go every single trip. I currently have it booked for the next two trips. Just about only thing I have booked because it's a #mustdo. If you are looking for probably the highest themed restaurant on property that is more than a meal, it's an experience and honestly could rank as an attraction given some of the "shows" that Disney has as an attraction. We love sitting in the cars eating.

The cars are either two or three seats. Each seat holds 2 adults. You will like sit 2 in one row and 1 in the other. I would also put in a request for your party to include the front seat (be a driver) ... and then you might end up with hitchhikers in the third seat if you get a larger car. We have no trouble talking but honestly the meal is about the experience and the funny movies and we talk much less than usual at a meal.

Noise ???? it is probably the quietest restaurant I've ever eaten in ... as one person felt it was creepy quiet ... for us the quiet and darkness (it is a drive in) are a refreshing break to the stimulating days. You cool off, you don't feel rushed, you relax and eat. Again, I don't get at all the folks complaining about noise ... about a place that is, other than the movie playing which isn't loud like a theater, is loud. People talk quiet or not at all, maybe the being a movie makes folks quieter.

The only bad meal we have had is the steak. We stick to the easier meals. DS1 always gets the burger and never an issue. I used to always get reuben but it's gone, and so I try different things. Last time I tried the cheesesteak and while not traditional I enjoyed it (asking cheese on side, didn't end up using). Others have tried lots of different things and no one has every complained.

If fireworks are important, yes keep trying for earlier meal if that is important. We have eaten that late, great way to wind down the day. Then we exit into an empty park with ease to a bus or car. Not sure when you are going ... it might be open late if SW is open and you can keep playing in the park after.

I agree that 50's Prime is also a great themed restaurant if you have never been. It is loud and busy but fun.

It's Been a while since we dined there in 2011.
We really enjoyed the experience, our ADR at the time was for .16:00pm & there were 8 of us.
The 2 little ones loved the clips that were being shown on the screens.
Always said we would go back, but every year we end up trying something different so miss the place out.
Maybe next year ( said with no confidence)!!!

Sorry but your friend must have mistaken SciFi for a different restaurant. Maybe 50's prime time? SciFi is literally the quietest restaurant in disney. Because everyone is busy looking at the clips. There's no way this restaurant is ever loud. I've never even heard anyone sing happy birthday! Its one of the reasons its my fave. Quiet cool and dark. What more could you ask for? its a nice break from the parks.

For a party of three I always recommend that the "loner" sit in the front, and the other two behind the loner. This way you can turn around to talk to the other two whenever you like. That way you wont feel left out as much.

We love Sci Fi. Our kids love to sit in one of the car rows by themselves and watch the movie clips. Yes, it's dark but I wouldn't say it's loud. It's actually quiet because most people are watching the clips and because of the dining arrangements, it's not very conducive to conversation. We have only had lunch here, it's more of a burger and sandwich place. If you are going in expecting to be wowed by the food, you should temper expectations, it's all about the atmosphere.

Having said all that, given your travel party of 3 adults and the available reservation time, I would skip it. Have you thought about 50's Prime Time? Another really fun place which I would argue has better food and more "dinner" type options. You could get an earlier time there I bet (tends to have more availability than Sci Fi) and then watch fireworks. Good luck!

We have been there several times. I specifically like it on a hot summer day. Dark, quiet and cool.

Food was fine/good. But I couldn't have asked for a better respite for our trip this June.

I would not enjoy eating at that late in the evening, we are dedicated rope-droppers!

It's a must do for us. Love the theme. We can handle not talking much for 90ish minutes, enjoying our meal, the movies, etc. Have 9pm meal there soon and am looking forward to an emptyish park on the way out.

We ate lunch here summer 2018 and really enjoyed it. It didn’t seem that loud to me. We had 5 adults and a 1 year old. We sat 3, 2 & 1. My husband sat behind me and our son, we could turn around and talk to him. We intend on going back next year.

Big ole no for us.

We tried it again a couple of years ago after saying "never again" a few years back. Still the same mediocre food, still had to use a cell phone light to read the menu, still the same difficulties for a party of 3. We had no expectations of it being any easier for a party of 3, but it reminded us that it sucked.

I always say if you’ve never tried it, do it! The theming at Sci-Fi is among the most unique in Disney World. The food is decent, but there are better options in HS. If you want to see fireworks, try to find an earlier time. We had an ADR 2 weeks ago, but they were running 30 minutes behind so we cancelled because we didn’t want to miss the Star Wars fireworks. If you’ve never been, go at least once. You might love it.

Definitely a yes vote for me. I really like Sci-Fi, it's really retro.
As far as the reservation time goes, try to find something a little earlier if it pops up, or show up an hour early, tell them you are hungry and see if they can seat you earlier.

Personally, I do not like sitting at the round tables, I'd rather sit in the car. If you are a small party, you may share part of the car with another set of diners, like the row in front or behind you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter