• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci Fi Dine Inn Restaurant at DHS for a party of 3 people

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
My party has a dining reservation for two people at Sci-Fi Dine Inn restaurant at DHS. However, we will be a party of three people and have been searching for availability with no success. There is plenty of availability for parties of two. We would, of course like to be seated together understanding that this might be behind/in front in the "cars".

Has anyone had experience adding a third guest to a reservation for two at this restaurant while doing check-in?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We are a party of 3 and have always had 2 rows for the 3 of us and a party of 2 in the back seat. Your issue with trying to add at check in will be needing to move from a 2 seater to a 4 seater.

I would book 2 reservations for 2 and see if they could seat you near one another or a reservation for 4 and show up with 3.

But to be honest, even if you don’t sit near one another, it doesn’t really matter at this restaurant. Because of the way the cars are, it’s almost impossible to constantly be turning around to talk to the rest of your party. As the one who always seems to end up sitting alone, I find I use the time to watch the movies or decompress on my phone.

Go early and ask. They seated us about an hour early the last time we were there in December.

When it was me and the kids we got a walk up for 3 but it was at these little tables behind the car. The kids still enjoyed it.

If you can get 2 reservations for parties of 2, you are going to have a better chance of sitting together, than trying to add a 3rd person to a reservation for 2 people.

The forward facing cars are 3 rows, that will seat 2 adults per row. (I think some only have 2 rows). My family (just 3 people), we've been seated in a 3 row car. We got the first 2 rows and a different party was in the last row. So just having 2 reservations for 2 people each won't guarantee you will sit together in the same car. You are going to have to stop and talk with them. They look at the number of people and figure out which parties can fit where and fit in as many as possible.

If you have 2 reservations for parties and 2 and stop at the restaurant early and explain the situation, they will have a better chance of accommodating your request.

My party has a dining reservation for two people at Sci-Fi Dine Inn restaurant at DHS. However, we will be a party of three people and have been searching for availability with no success. There is plenty of availability for parties of two. We would, of course like to be seated together understanding that this might be behind/in front in the "cars".

Has anyone had experience adding a third guest to a reservation for two at this restaurant while doing check-in?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
My suggestion is to book another party of 2 and then work it out when you get there.

I would book for 4. Lots of older threads talking about ADR issues when you have an odd number of people in your party. There is only a no-show fee if -0- people show up. They won't care if one less shows up. We sat at those regular tables near the back of the restaurant when we had a party of 3. Looking at the back of the heads of some of your party wasn't how we wanted to be seated in those cars on the floor. Honestly, we ate lunch there and would probably never go back. Food was just ok and if you aren't over 50 yrs old, those old movie/TV clips probably won't mean anything to you.

Sci Fi is probably one of the most unique restaurants for seating at Disney. They really have zero flexibility and it is so popular it books up fast. Party of 2's are usually sat as hitchhikers with larger parties so you have less of a chance being seated together here.

Last trip we checked in at same time a family who had to get reservations as 3 parties of 2. They called out a manager who talked to them at some length and it was determined they would still be split up BUT they would seat them as close together as they could. So we get stuck with 2 behind us, and the next two groups were in the next two cars. The one's behind us kept YELLING to the other folks "DO YOU WANT MY FRIES" etc. My point is that getting another reservation doesn't mean they will seat you together. It is difficult to do when parties of 4, 5 and 6 have an ADR together.

Keep trying for 3, 4, 5, 6. If you want to sit in the cars I would not just show up and ask unless you are prepared to be split up, sit at the picnic tables in the back traditionally for walk-ups or them not willing to seat your extra person. That restaurant has no issues turning people away.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter