Sci-fi diner or 50's Prime Time

Dinohood

Mouseketeer
For this march trip my mom and I are trying to pick at lest one sit down place to eat in each park some are easier then others. For Hollywood studios which would be better based on how good the food is and noise level I do not like loud sounds but I will have ear plugs so it dose not matter that munch to me sci-fi wins a little bit more since they have dairy free milkshakes.

For this march trip my mom and I are trying to pick at lest one sit down place to eat in each park some are easier then others. For Hollywood studios which would be better based on how good the food is and noise level I do not like loud sounds but I will have ear plugs so it dose not matter that munch to me sci-fi wins a little bit more since they have dairy free milkshakes.
If noise is an issue, Sci-Fi may be the quietest restaurant (not named Victoria & Albert) at Disney.

As a self-described foodie (a food snob), in my opinion, the food from the sandwich-focused menu is not awful....but the room at Sc-Fi is most certainly Uniquely Disney.

I prefer the food (the menu more than the food, really) at Prime Time, but the antics can make the place a bit more noisy. The Prime Time Lounge is the waiting area for the restaurant and it can get loud in here.

So on balance, Prime Time is louder than Sc-Fi.

I prefer the food at Prime Time (but that's not sayin' much).

Both are great restaurants...We love them. I think Sci fi is quieter maybe? But you can't go wrong either way. Both are great all American restaurants.

ok Prime Time is louder while Sci-Fi-Fi is dark as batman clothes, I have looked at both gluten free menus and they have almost the some amount of gluten free options but once I add in my mom also can't have pork then sci-fi-fi still wins, today I will talk to her more about it and show her videos of each place.

Sci-Fi is my by far my favorite and people tend to talk in hushed tones there. If I am lucky we manage once a trip.Unfortunately the girls love 50's Primetime. They seem to feed off the energy there and it does tend to get noisy. We usually eat there twice every trip. Its the pot roast and peanut butter cake for them.

Agree with earlier posts, Sci-Fi is much quieter, food is better at Primetime. Both are must haves when we visit. That said, if noise is an issue, I would avoid the Primetime, it can get very loud.

Sci Fi was awkward sitting 2 in one row and 1 in the other. Hard to turn around to talk. The food was not that great. 50s Prime time was much better.

I find the food much better at 50’s. If noise is an issue try to book a meal at a more quiet time such as after the lunchtime rush. Both restaurants are equally loud. At least you can have a conversation at 50s, whereas at Sci Fi, you’ll be sitting side by side in a bench of a car facing a screen in the dark. Yes sci fi is a fun experience but it’s anything but relaxing. It’s so dark you can’t even read the menu and you can’t see the person’s face sitting next to you.

By the way they have dairy free milkshakes at 50’s too. I always have a dairy free PB&J milkshake. Oh and they have dairy free fried chicken that is amazing

Last edited:
I have not been to Sci Fi in years but we enjoyed 50’s PT on our most recent trip.

We like sci fi better. We thought the food at 50’s was really lacking. It was bland and not exciting. I would think sci fi would be quieter too

going with sci-fi just based off of food choices and noise level. We have picked every place we are going to eat in march yay next week we get to book it yay even more.

50's Prime Time - I would say this place is louder than the Sci-Fi, However, we do enjoy the food more at 50's Prime Time. We eat there on every visit to Disney.
The Sci-Fi- This place is very unique and fun. Everyone should eat there at least once just for the atmosphere. We find the food there to be very average (nothing special). As someone else mentioned, the seating can be awkward at most of the car tables (2 in the front seat and 2 in the backseat). 50's PT may be a bit louder than the Sci-Fi but the Sci-Fi is loud as well.

Sci Fi was awkward sitting 2 in one row and 1 in the other. Hard to turn around to talk. The food was not that great. 50s Prime time was much better.
But going to the restaurant, one should know that it has a drive-in theme. It says so in the name. Meaning, you sit in actual cars. For those that dont like to sit in cars facing the screen, there are a few cars that have regular tables. So you can at least face your party.

Overall, if noise is an issue, i'd go with SciFi. Quite honestly, its one of my fave restaurants in HS. I love how quiet it is in that place. Also, the theme is amazing. Love the drive-in. Yes it can be dark, but not so dark that you cant see your menu. Well, to each their own i guess. I could still see it, as there is a light in front of each person on the 'dash board'. I never had a bad meal at scifi. Always enjoyed my meal there. And the shakes are absolutely TO DIE FOR!

While 50's does have good food, it can be quiet loud in there.

Agree that either will be good.
Primetime - the food was very good. If you are looking for the antics, that seems to really vary with the server and we've had both extremes.
SciFi - good burgers and milkshakes. Love the old movies. Just a fun place.

I vote Sci Fi!

We love them both, but if you’re looking for quiet I’d definitely choose Sci Fi. It’s very quiet in there, and the atmosphere is fun and unique. We thought the food was very good there - if you like burgers and shakes, it’s a solid option. The food at 50s is great, too - I love their fried chicken - but it’s definitely not quiet in there. It sounds like you’re a party of 2, so you won’t have the issues being able to converse with each other that others have mentioned. You’ll just be seated side by side.

50's PT..Sci has been awful the last 2 times we went. I thought they used to have delicious burgers, now they are just ugh.

ok I did not want to sound like a broken record but we have made our choice for Sci-Fi I guess i put noise and food just because I did not want to repeat that my mom and I are both gluten free and also my mom can not have pork so when you add that in 50's prime time was not the best choice for us. We have picked all the sit down places we want for march and will be booking them this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter