Sci fi or 50's?

Montyrob

Mouseketeer
I keep reading mixed on both...Will be me,wife and our 6yr old daughter, and we all like to eat a variety of different foods so I need help leaning one way or the other....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Honestly, I find 50's to be a better overall experience. If you're at Sci Fi and seated in a car, you really can't talk to anyone in your group. It is fairly dark and makes for a difficult time interacting. The food is fine, but nothing to rave about. The theming is great and we have fun with it, but if I had to pick, I would go 50's.

50's Prime Time has great interaction with your table and your wait staff. There is a good variety of food you won't find other places in the World, the theming is really fun, and the whole experience is a blast.

I don't know.... both are good choices so you can not go wrong...we love both. As long as what you really want is home cooking foods then 50's is your place. However, As much as I love 50's if you have never been to sci-fi at least once... I would go there....It really is an experiacne like no other. Yeah 50's is cool because its like being in your grandma's house...but we have all enjoyed that experiance at home...the Sci-fi is totally unique.

either way...have a great trip.

I reccomend the 50's. My family and I eat there every time we go to WDW and we love it there

50's! Hands down 50's is a better experience and the food is great. If you want to see Si-fi, go for desert. In the time you eat some pie or drink a milkshake, you will have seen all the movie clips. As a PP said, most of the seats in the cars are 2 person seats. Someone will have to eat in the front seat and someone will have to sit in the back seat. A great option for us has been to eat at a table in the 'snack bar' area.

Interesting that there are 2 threads up within a few posts of each other about this same topic.

Here's a link to the other thread if you'd like to see some more posts about it, just to confuse you more.:lmao:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3115596

We've been to both, but recently to 50s PT and had a good experience. They both have very different atmospheres, 50s PT is more "entree" oriented while Sci Fi is more sandwich and burger oriented.

We're doing both on our visit to HS.

Went to HS many moons ago and though it was fab and think our little one will love it.

50's looks good too,although we are a bit shy, so not sure how much interaction we'll really want with the server.

FD

Honestly, I find 50's to be a better overall experience. If you're at Sci Fi and seated in a car, you really can't talk to anyone in your group. It is fairly dark and makes for a difficult time interacting. The food is fine, but nothing to rave about. The theming is great and we have fun with it, but if I had to pick, I would go 50's.

50's Prime Time has great interaction with your table and your wait staff. There is a good variety of food you won't find other places in the World, the theming is really fun, and the whole experience is a blast.

:thumbsup2 this! Love the comfort food at 50's PTC.

Sci Fi for us, 50s is exactly like my grandmother's kitchen...her fried chicken beats theirs hands down so I can get that experience at my mom's or any relative here in AL :) I can't eat in a car at a drive in and get that good a food anywhere here :)

We've been to Sci Fi several times - 50s once. My kids did not care for our Server (cousin). The clean your plate - elbows off the table (they weren't on the table), finish your veggies or no dessert - interactions got old really fast for them. My kids were 8-16 when we went so maybe it was the wrong age group. I've heard that some servers aren't as into their roles as "cousins" lately so maybe it's better now.

Sooner or later you will try both.

Knowing that, just pick one and go.

We prefer Sci Fi because it has been fun every time for us. 50's it can depend alot on the server whether or not you get the experience that is expected at 50's.

our server was "mean" when her jokes didn't stop. ;-) We love the milkshakes at Sci-Fi and have always had great service. So that's my vote. :thumbsup2

We've been to Sci Fi several times - 50s once. My kids did not care for our Server (cousin). The clean your plate - elbows off the table (they weren't on the table), finish your veggies or no dessert - interactions got old really fast for them. My kids were 8-16 when we went so maybe it was the wrong age group. I've heard that some servers aren't as into their roles as "cousins" lately so maybe it's better now.

:lmao: :rotfl2: This is hilarious. I love this advice.
Sooner or later you will try both.

Knowing that, just pick one and go.

I'd normally recommend SciFi because i do like it there better.......BUT since there's three of you, and since you indicated you all like to try a variety of things, I say 50's. BTW their PBJ shake is HEAVEN!

I struggle with this every time I go. Both are great choices, but both have liabilities.

For 50s it all hinges on your server. If you have a good one, it could be your favorite meal of the whole trip. If you don't have a good one you will leave very disappointed.

At Sci Fi, the server staff are not as important, but the menu is not even close to 50s.

The Decor of both is AWESOME

We would pick Sci Fi. No, it's not gourmet food, but we enjoyed our meal and the service each and every visit. We ate at 50's Prime Time this past September because we'd not been there in about 10 years. It was a total disappointment from the moment we walked in the door. We were one of the first ADR's, and we were taken to the furthest room back in a corner. The food was not good at all (when my DH leaves over half his food you know it is not good...said his mother made better pot roast and, trust me, she was a horrible cook and my chicken was greasy and gross); our server was fair at best. We won't be back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter