Sci Fi Question

We have a family of 5 and we sat in the cars. My son was fine having a spot to himself.

I think walk ups get the picnic tables. I could be wrong on that.

I am a bit concerned about this as well. The last time we visited Sci-Fi we had a party of 6, so I wasn't worried if we were getting a car or not. This time we are only a party of 3. I hope they don't put us at the picnic tables. I am with my DD (10) and niece who is 14. I think they would be disappointed if we were to sit at the tables.

You can request to sit in a car when you check-in(of course no guarantees). DD and I went last time alone as party of two, and I requested to please sit in front row of a car, and it was honored. First time we ever ate there we were a party of 6 with grandparents, and sat in different type of car with long table in middle of car frame that sat 6.

If you have a reservation you are usually seated in a car while walk ups are seated at the picnic tables. Cassie58 described some cars with a table between the front and back of the car that are designed for handicapped seating or large parties.

We went in 2015 with a party of five and were sat in a car, my son who was 15 at the time happily sat alone in his row. We went as a party of four in January as a walk up and were sat at picnic table. The kids decided they didn’t want to sit at the table so we left and had quick service.

There were cars with three rows (seating 6) and some with two rows (seating 4-5 - we could have squeezed in another with our kids).
When we walked up to the reservation we were told that only standbys are seated at the picnic tables. I was worried about that too! Granted we waited 15 minutes past reservation time for our table and the service was very slow, but it was worth it.

While I've never dined in a party larger than 4, I can't imagine you would be forced to eat at the picnic tables unless you attempted to go without a reservation. I would specifically request a car and plan as far ahead of time as possible. I'm sure you'll be just fine! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter