Sci-Fi Reservation

Meghan4

Mouseketeer
I have a reservation for a Tuesday lunch on my upcoming trip in September. I'm happy I even have a reservation, but I would love to switch it to a Thursday lunch, and so far there are none available. This only became an issue once I booked fast passes, which I hate that you pick your adr's before fast passes. That is a totally different post. Anyway, do you think some might open up as I am getting closer to my week? Everything is due for my trip by the end of this month, so I'm wondering if people change plans right before then.

Yes is possible, don’t cancel anything yet, go to Touring Plan website and do reservations finder, it works! You will enter which restaurant date and time you wish and they will send you a text when the ADR is available, you must go to Disney site as soon as you get the text, that’s the tricky part, it can be at any time, but it has worked for me. Do go to Sci-fi even if is only for the ADR is a great experience.

The same thing happened to me! We planned HS for a Friday, could only make the FP work for a Tuesday (which is not usually how that pans out but here we are). I had to cancel for Friday because I knew there was no way. Two days later, Tuesday at 10:55 AM opened up. 10:55 AM is not normally my ideal lunch time, but since we'll probably have to wait a few minutes and then our food won't be out the second we sit down, it works just fine.

It is possible- keep trying. Try reservation "tricks" like booking 2 smaller parties (so if you're a party of 6, try booking 2 and 4 or 3 and 3 and usually they can seat you together at reservation time). Another trick is to book for an even number of guests if you're an odd numbered party (so look for times for 6 instead of 5). Consider odd times (an early lunch or a late lunch, or even an early dinner can get you a time no one else might be vying for).

I've noticed things popping up the day before and the day of for last minute cancellations. I'm hoping that strategy works when I'm there in a few weeks.

Keep checking as they do become available. Even the day of.
As mentioned use the touringplans reservation finder. It has helped us in the past.

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely check out reservation finder!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter