Sci Fi Restraunt??

cindy21494

<font color=660099>Just the facts, ma'am<font colo
I made PS for The Sci Fi Restraunt for this February, but I am rethinking it after reading some of the reviews. Alot of the reviews state that the food is only so-so. What does everyone here think of it?

Also, are all the seats in cars, or do we need to request one when we get there?

We like the sci-fi for lunch but to tell the truth I have only had there cheeseburgers which are terrirfic. I must also admit that my "freezing cold" beer in a frosty mug wasn't so bad either.

My dh has had a couple of the sandwiches and said they were good but we both agree the burgers are the best. Only a few of the seats are not in cars so if you make a ps you will get a car. I saw some walk in's being told all that was left was a regular table, no cars. I think if you have children in highchairs or someone in a wheelchair you could request a table but otherwise you will get a car.

We like the break from the parks and the kids really get a kick out of the "drive in movies".

Have fun.

Thanks.

We will be having dinner there, do you know if the lunch menu is the same for dinner?

No - the dinner menu dosen't have the burgers or sandwiches and unfortunately I can't comment on dinner as we have only had lunch.

allears.net has all the menus - have fun.

TJ

Thanks, I'll try allears.net and see what's on the menu.

I ate there in Sept for dinner and Had the Pork Tenderloin and it was excellent and my hysband had the steak which was also very good. My daughter (6) had a childs burger and Son (4) had a hot dog. If you have kids they will deat them up front and give then honory Driver Licences. I would definelty keep your PS. That is a must on our list everytime. Hope this helps

Thanks, it does make me feel better. I've read so many reviews that people don't like the food and was becoming concerned.:wave2:

Burgers and rings are very good. I also hear consistently good reports about the milk shakes:earsboy:

The milkshakes are fabulous. The old fashioned kind, actually made with milk and ice cream. I also have read bad reviews of this place. Although I have only eaten lunch there, we have always had great food.

Its all about the burgers. Our family loves this place.

BY a word of caution........Beware the ketchup! Just as we were fixing to leave, a big glob lept off a fry and attacked my white t-****!

We love Sci Fi!!

This is our favorite WDW restaurant - a must-do for us every trip. I will say, though, that for us it's more about the atmosphere than the food.

We have had both lunch and dinner here, and I would definitely suggest lunch over dinner. We found the dinner menu to be okay, but nothing great. The burgers and shakes at lunch, however, are to die for, and they go perfectly with the theming.

They do have regular tables, but the majority are the cars. We've never asked for car tables, but we always get one. I think I read somewhere that you have to request the regular tables, instead of the other way around. I'm not sure about that though.

If you go here looking for great theming and great burgers, you won't be disappointed. If you're looking for a gourmet meal, though, this probably won't be a good choice.

I've had lunch here twice, and I have to say that the food is just okay. But we don't go there expecting gourmet meals, we're there for the experience (which is really fun!). They do have great milkshakes-try the cookies and cream! Otherwise, it's just average burgers and sandwiches.

Last Feb the burger I had there was one of the best I had ever eaten. Two weeks ago, it was just another burger. But do be warned, the burgers are huge ! We could have easily split one.

We went to Sci Fi in 2001 and it was the best we booked last minute and got a table in a car the atmosphere is really good. We could have shared the meal is was huge but worth it

We tried this last week for the first time and really enjoyed it. We did a walk up at about 1:00pm and were seated within 5 minutes and it was pretty crowded. I thought it was great for burgers and shakes. A nice respite from the hot sun.

Sci Fi is a "must" for us. DH always gets a burger and shake. I get a salad. The atmosphere is the big draw here.

I agree...we all had burgers and shakes and they were really good. And you can split the burger it is so big. It was probably the best part of our day at MGM. (or maybe a close second to the ToT!) The atmosphere is awesome.

We went to the Sci Fi Restaraunt a few years ago and I LOVED IT!!! We didn't go for the food, we went for the atmosphere. My husband and I grew up in Southern California where there were tons of drive in theatres and it just became a way of life (and dating ::yes:: ) We also love the old Sci Fi "B" movies from the 50s. So it was just great. I wanted to go back, but this time its Prime Time 50s Cafe :Pinkbounc

6 more days!!!!:hyper:

We ate lunch and ordered cheeseburgers. They were OK. We really went for the atmosphere and were told that the PS we made guaranteed us a car. Very fun! Our DSs loved it.

We went last Nov. for dinner and we all had a great time. We had the roast chicken and it was good. DS loved his chicken and we had to wait for him to eat every piece! The desserts were good too. It is such a fun place to go, DS's got their drinks in a glow in the dark cup with light up ice cubes (that we still use, you can turn them on and off) so this plus the movie clips and the drive-in atmosphere made it a fun place and we plan to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter