Sci Fi Restraunt??

do not know what time you want to eat but if you do not mind eating early I got the last lunch time (3:55 )since we wanted burgers before fantasmic and figured we would want to eat early enough to wait in line if we have to for fantasmic..although someone said they asked for and got a burger during "dinner", the meal served at the time of your ps is what you get normally ( ie even if we do not get seated till 4:30, "actually" dinner menu time, since our ps is for lunch we can use a vkl voucher and use the lunch menu ...cheaper!)

Originally posted by cindy21494
I made PS for The Sci Fi Restraunt for this February, but I am rethinking it after reading some of the reviews. Alot of the reviews state that the food is only so-so. What does everyone here think of it?

Also, are all the seats in cars, or do we need to request one when we get there?

This place is my favorite restraunt. It really depends on what you like. I hate fancy food and a burger suits me fine. I don't mind paying a little too much for a burger, because I find the burgers & fries here to be excellent and the extra is worth it for the fun atmosphere.

However, if you are seeking gourmet food, this is likely not the place for you.

Have a great vacation!

Sheri

Everyone should visit this place at least once - it is such a fun concept. Food's okay, pretty good, actually... although a little pricey....check out the menus and enjoy the atmosphere - the movie clips are a riot.

Maddle

I was at the Sci-Fi Drive In in 92 and left saying I would never eat there again, and I have not. Is sound like it has changed in food quality. Has it really improved?

I would humbly submit that ALL disney restaurants have improved since significantly since 1992

I agree with the other replies that Sci-Fi is all in the atmosphere. Its unique theme is worth trying at least once. We ate lunch there twice. Both times we thought the food was ok (the milkshakes were great). If you are looking for burgers in WDW. IMO I would rather have them at a restaurante that includes a fixings bar.
I 'm sure we will go back, not just very often.

This place is at the very bottom of my list of places to eat at WDW. Stay away is my advice. If there are only two of you, you might be sharing a car with someone else. This only added to the "joy" of what had to be the worse meal I ever had at WDW.

Wow! Sounds like my experience in 92.

Originally posted by Pa@okw95
This place is at the very bottom of my list of places to eat at WDW. Stay away is my advice. If there are only two of you, you might be sharing a car with someone else. This only added to the "joy" of what had to be the worse meal I ever had at WDW.

Personally I did not find sharing a car bad at all. I have sat in both front and back seats and was never bothered by the other people. Unlike Le Bistro or Alfredo's, both of which have a much pricier menu, and the tables are so close there is no privacy whatsoever.

At Alfredo's we were seated next to a couple our age, fiftyish, who were obviously on a first date. The poor couple was strugling through that awkward " trying to make conversation " knowing full well we could hear every word.

Originally posted by Pa@okw95

I've never had a problem or been bothered by sharing a car. Did last time I was there. The couple in the car with us paid no attention to us, and we paid no attention to them.

Just a couple questions...

How many people can fit into a car? I have six people in my family 3A/3C. Hoping we can all fit into one car! How much was the glow in the dark cup and light up icecube thing? Is it super loud in the resturaunt? Is the food better or worse then 50's Prime time?

TIA for any help

Kermit :wave:

They have 6 seater cars. These have three rows, seating two people each row.

The bulk of the noise comes from the movie dialogue/music. You can carry on a conversation with the person next to you, but talking to the people behind you would be more difficult, and talking to the people in the back seat would be almost impossible.

We were there on Friday (the 5th) and WE LOVED IT!
It's an official "not to be missed" for us now.

---Andra
Love the glow in the dark frisbee!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter