Sci Fi Seating for families?

fam4jc

DIS Veteran
Hi, my DH is a huge sci fi guy. We have ps for lunch one day during our June trip (35 days:Pinkbounc ). From the pics I've seen, the seating looks a little cramped. Will a fam of four me, DH, and 2 DDs (5 & 7) be able to sit together?
Thanks. I am so excited I just can't stand it!
:teeth:

Oh, yeah most definately go it's great entertainment. Me and my DW with our two DD's went and we absolutely loved it. My DD's sat in the front of the car and my DW and me sat in the back. The kids really got a kick out of it.

We are going on the Disney Cruise this Saturday and then spending a few days in Disney, would like to go back to the SCiFi diner...the movies are really cheesy, but very funny. You'll really enjoy it.

:rockband:

Thanks! Wow, a Disney cruise! That is definately on my list of things we must do.

So, you think the girls will be good sitting in front of us? We watch lots of old cheesy movies and love them.

Have a great trip.:teeth:

:wave2:

Hi! We love Sci Fi - we have lunch there every trip! We're all huge sci fi fans, and we love the cheesy movie clips. DH and I sit together with our 2 DS's in the seats in front of us. The seats are close together, so it's like sitting in regular booths in a restaurant, except instead of being across from each other you're all facing the same direction.

You can put mom & dad together or one with each kid. One nice thing is that it feels cool in there due to the nitetime theme. Great for a midday break in Florida.

My kids (10 & 8) were too busy watching the movies to get into any trouble while they sat in the "front seat". (If that is what you are worried about.) But if they did, they were close enough where I could have gotten their attention! ;) You'll be seated in the same car, just don't expect it to be a "family" meal, as everyone is facing the movie screen, as opposed to facing each other.

Oh the sci-fi was fun. Hubby and I sat in the back and the kids sat in the front and we got some quiet time! They were entranced with the movie. They got their food on the glow in the dark frisbees and they LOVED that. Hubby and I shared a milkshake and it was great time.

Quiet restaurant too and that was nice!

they also have picnic tables in there that you can sit at if you have too many people or if you don't want to be in the cars. We love the cars and think they are fun to sit in.

Can five sit in a car? (3 adults and 2 kids)

No. I called a couple of weeks ago to ask if we could do this--only it was two adults and three young kids, she told me no. :(

So we can't fit even if we all lose a bunch of weight and smash ourselves in real close? (What about the trunk? Can we just put whoever's been the most obnoxious that day in there so the rest of us can sit in the car?;) )

But there are 3 seats in the cars - so it really can fit 6 so I am not sure why they said you can't have 5??? We had a couple sit in the back of the car with us.

47b3cc20b3127cce83587563923d0000002610

Maggie

We have 4 adults and 2 kids in our party, and the CM who took my PS said we would all be in one car (the cars seat 6). So I'm not sure why 5 wouldn't fit? :confused:

I have two experiences:

First, last August, I sat in the back seat while a family of 2 adults and 2 kids to the front two seats.

In January, my parents took the front seat, me the middle and another adult couple took the back. So that's 5 adults in a car. Also, I noticed that the picnic tables were gone. Instead, somewhere in the middle of the cars are tables for 6. They have 3 chairs on each side facing each other and the table is attached to the front and rear of a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter