• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci-Fi

SusanMomOf2

Mouseketeer
I wish I sould have posted this after we got back from WDW in July, but I found the DIS last month... sorry.

The food gets an A++! Everyone in my party was pleased.

The only thing I thought was strange was the setting... I bet a lot of people LOVE it, but I thought it was creepy with the movie being up there. I don't know how else to describe it. The seats were a cool idea, but it's difficult to talk to the people with you.

I hate to knock it cuz it was probably just me. Again, the food was GREAT! Oh, and the service was stellar!

Hi Susan! We loved the food and service, too! We sat at one of the little tables in the back - didn't have a ressie. I loved the "wierd" movies, and I usually don't go for that stuff - just such a blast from the past, I guess! :confused3

Thank your DH for his service and thanks to all of you for your sacrifices! I am an AF wife, too - now full time Guard. pirate:

I will give sci-fi credit for their food. It was very good. Our waitress was not. She made a whoping 4 visits to our table 1) to get food and drink order, 2) to give drinks (food was brought by someone else) 3)to give us or check, and 4) to pick up our check.

she never asked us for a refill. never asked us how the meal was. never spoke to us other then what was listed above.

I guess it is hit or miss with your server. All other servers we had at WDW were great.

I did read about the service at the sci-fi before we left for vacation. It was 50-50 good/bad.

I am not saying avoid it, but be aware that the service can be less the steller.

condorthb said:
I will give sci-fi credit for their food. It was very good. Our waitress was not. She made a whoping 4 visits to our table 1) to get food and drink order, 2) to give drinks (food was brought by someone else) 3)to give us or check, and 4) to pick up our check.

she never asked us for a refill. never asked us how the meal was. never spoke to us other then what was listed above.

I guess it is hit or miss with your server. All other servers we had at WDW were great.

I did read about the service at the sci-fi before we left for vacation. It was 50-50 good/bad.

I am not saying avoid it, but be aware that the service can be less the steller.

I have to agree. Service is hit or miss. We have eaten at Sci Fi a few times, the kids love it. At times, our server has been awesome. This time the server was horrible. We were extrememly rushed. She asked for our order immediately. We were 6 people on the DDP. I, very politely asked, to give me a couple of minutes with the children(4).We were told that we had to order everything at once, my suggestion to you, Don't. I should have insisted because our ice cream was brought out 2 minutes after our entree. We never were asked about refills and we never saw her after the order. The fastest service was bringing the bill.

The food was good but it was not an enjoyable experience. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but this time I had to complain to the manager.

SusanMomOf2 said:
The only thing I thought was strange was the setting... I bet a lot of people LOVE it, but I thought it was creepy with the movie being up there.

I take it that you've never been to a real drive-in movie before?

We go for the atmosphere more than the food. Since the drive-in's down this way have gone the way of the dinosaur, it's the only way my kids will be able to experience what a drive-in used to be like.

I think the place definately gets an "A".

The food is among the best on the property, especially considering the prices.

At many places that are so overprices (most World Showcase places) I feel I never got my money's worth but at the Sci-Fi I really was surprised at the quality of the food. VERY good.

I think they could update their movies a bit with a few clips of some more entertaining things to today's viewer.

Blondie said:
I take it that you've never been to a real drive-in movie before?

We go for the atmosphere more than the food. Since the drive-in's down this way have gone the way of the dinosaur, it's the only way my kids will be able to experience what a drive-in used to be like.

It is sad that my kids will never know what I drive in movie was like. When we speak of the Drive-In, the kids think that we are talking about the Sci Fi.

I'm glad you liked it!! I think it gets knocked by some people for some reason, and I always have to defend it because I love it. :thumbsup2

Hi guys! I'm glad to hear the food is good here. My DH and I ate at SiFI in 1993 but have tried other MGM'ers since. We enjoyed it then and hope our DD's do now!! My DD6 keeps asking to have the onion rings and only the onion rings!!

You made me laugh when you called it creepy - but I guess I can see that. We love love love Sci Fi and it is mainly for the atmosphere. The food is usually only so - so. But I try to go every trip.

I would love to know as well. The Chicken with onions looked great. We will be there in 10 days!!

That's odd, I have two drive-ins that are about 20 minutes from my house.

Anyway, I LOVE Sci-Fi... They have the best onion rings & milkshakes ON THIS EARTH. Never had better. I agree it can be hard to talk to people who are sitting behind you, but I think it's perfect for just two people sitting side by side. It can be a bit romantic even in the zany atmosphere. Love this place. Thanks for the review! :wizard:

We are planning on making one of our dinners at Sci-Fi. What kind of movie did they show for everyone that has been there?

They don't show an actual movie, they show trailers from old,old, old (50's?) science fiction movies. There's nothing scary, just silly.

__disneygirl said:
That's odd, I have two drive-ins that are about 20 minutes from my house.

Where do you live? I don't know of any drive-ins that are still in operation! I'd love to go to one again, just for a trip down memory lane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter