Scooter and parking lot

buzz2400

<font color=teal>The TF waves to buzz2400's DS
I will be visiting disney world. I will be using a scooter and driving to the parks every day. I do not have a handicap placard. is there special parking areas in each park. I don’t want to waste a lot of battery going from parking lot to gate.

I think I recall there being a medical “overflow” lot at MK. We had a rental car and a scooter but also a handicap placard. There were ZERO spots available in the HC parking. It adjacent t to it was a lot. But the HC at MK is still a bit of a haul to the transportation. I can’t answer for the rest of the parks as we could always find a spot. We had such a miserable time trying to exit MK and getting back to the parking lot that we said “never again” and always take Disney buses to avoid the insane crowds for the ferry/monorail. We had people cutting past us in queue and it was just an awful experience.

I will be visiting disney world. I will be using a scooter and driving to the parks every day. I do not have a handicap placard. is there special parking areas in each park. I don’t want to waste a lot of battery going from parking lot to gate.
You will use battery getting from the medical parking which is behind the handicapped area at MK. It is slightly uphill from parking to the TTC to get to either the monorail or ferry to the gate. Bus parking is closer there

You will use battery getting from the medical parking which is behind the handicapped area at MK. It is slightly uphill from parking to the TTC to get to either the monorail or ferry to the gate. Bus parking is closer there
There will be some, but even taking the buses use a bit of battery power to go up and down those ramps, but MK is definitely the most complicated. Also, going up and down the ramps for the monorails take a fair amount of power too.

Just make sure your batteries are in good condition, are extended range for your device and are fully charged each morning and you should be good by parking in the medical overflow lots.

Are there places in the different parks to charge the ecv"s? I know in Disneyland in Galaxy's Edge I was able to plug in for a little while in one of the outdoor eating areas.

Are there places in the different parks to charge the ecv"s? I know in Disneyland in Galaxy's Edge I was able to plug in for a little while in one of the outdoor eating areas.

At WDW in the Magic Kingdom there's an area near the Tangled restrooms with lots of seating and charging outlets. Here's a post I made about it 2 years ago:
If you're at the Magic Kingdom, there's a place in Fantasyland near the Tangled restrooms that was specifically designed for people to charge their devices - including phones as well as ECV's. It's a themed rest area, with barrel tables, seats that look like tree stumps, and larger stumps with doors to access outlets. More details including pictures and a video can be found in this article:
“Tangled” themed rest area now open at Magic Kingdom featuring bathrooms and charging area

In any other areas around the parks your best bet is to check with a CM. Some of the outlets you see may not be powered all the time, or may not be designed to use for charging ECV's.

Alert the toll plaza CM you have a scooter and need medical parking. Then alert every CM you pass in the lot to ensure you are directed appropriately. Depending on time of day and how full the lot is, you may be directed to rows just behind handicap, to a spot on the end of a row, or to the front if it’s later and people have vacated those spots. I used a transport chair for awhile before I relented and asked my PCP for a permit, and that is what I experienced.

Alert the toll plaza CM you have a scooter and need medical parking. Then alert every CM you pass in the lot to ensure you are directed appropriately. Depending on time of day and how full the lot is, you may be directed to rows just behind handicap, to a spot on the end of a row, or to the front if it’s later and people have vacated those spots. I used a transport chair for awhile before I relented and asked my PCP for a permit, and that is what I experienced.
This is good to know. I would not have thought of it. I've just been reading on Gold Mobility's site about the different scooters they have and I think I need the Victory one with the higher weight limit. We are staying off site and will need to transport it. I guess I need to do some more research on how heavy the bigger scooters are. I will have my men folk with me and we are renting a minivan so I think it will work.

At WDW in the Magic Kingdom there's an area near the Tangled restrooms with lots of seating and charging outlets. Here's a post I made about it 2 years ago:

In any other areas around the parks your best bet is to check with a CM. Some of the outlets you see may not be powered all the time, or may not be designed to use for charging ECV's.
That is great info! I love that they have the little activity of finding the Pascals there. Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter