Scooter Help from the experts PLEASE

beebumble

DIS Veteran
Can anyone please help? How much are scooters to rent for the week? Can they be delivered to your resort and picked up from there? DO you have to be there for the drop off and pick up? Is insurance extra?

Thanks so much and have a magical day
pixiedust:

I found the best quote @ scootaround.com. Their cheapest scooter is $35 a day for a week then just $10 for anything over that initial week. They deliver to your room, and pick up once your done. I myself haven't rented one but I did research on them for our upcoming Christmas trip, grandma and grandpa are joining us! I hadn't thought about needing insurance though.

There are a list of companies where people have posted with good reviews in the Disability FAQ at the top of this board. I can say for sure that there are ones that are cheaper than $35 a day (Scooteraround's $35/day doesn't include insurance, as I've rented from them in other places where there weren't other options).

The only company I know of where you have to be there when they drop off is Randy's (they want to go over how the scooter works with the person renting if it's not someone they've rented to before). Walkers, Apple, and Care will all deliver to the concierge at your resort/hotel and pick up at the end of the week.

I live in Florida and go to WDWR 4 to 5 times a year. I rent from Sun Mobility and have never had a problem with them. They are much cheaper than $35.00 a day. They rent Pride ECV's and they are very reliable. I just paid $115.00 +tax for a 5 day rental. I normally DO NOT get insurance on the ECV because it is like getting insurance on a rental car. The chances of something happening to the ECV that would need to be covered by insurance are slim to none. If anything goes wrong with the ECV they will send a tech out to you (even if you are at a park). Google them and check out their website for full pricing and types for rent.

If you click on where it says "disABILTIES" at the top of this page it will take you to the Index. One of the top items is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which will gives lots of useful information, including in Post #2 where people rent ECVs.

Or, if you want an easier route to the FAQs, click on the link in my signature.

I rented a scooter this past August from Walker's. I paid $205.00 for a full week which included the insurance. They will deliver to the resort's front desk and pick up at the end of your vacation.

You can rent a scooter from Apple scooters for less than $150 for a week and I believe that it includes insurance. Also I believe that they might give a discount for Disboards, but I am not certain. It can't hurt to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter