Scooter specs??

Krystal41083

Earning My Ears
Help!! I am looking into renting a scooter since i need knee replacements and am trying to figure out the best car to rent to fit it. Scooter bug said the ecv resort lite is 4 feet by 2 and can come apart in 3 sections. Anyone have experience with this scooter and taking it apart??

I've rented one from Buena Vista scooters that looks just like that one. My husband could take it apart and get it in the back of our van - no problem - and that was with 5 of us in the seats. I "think" it would fit in the truck of a car (a normal sized trunk). I wonder if calling the company could help? I don't recall any problems taking it apart and putting it together but I'm not sure I could have done it alone with my bad knees.

I generally had no problems with the scooter and battery life but the lighter weight you are, usually the better it will be for you. If you're over 200lbs - I'd be concerned even though it says up to 300lbs. I think a 300lb person would find the battery dies out too soon. I just wanted to point out this is the downside of this one - battery is smaller so the battery may not go from sun up to midnight - lol! Bring the charger.

Thank you. I did call scooter bug and they said this comes with 2 batteries. I don’t see that on the website but that’s what i was told. They told me it’s dimensions I’m just worried ab trunk space in different cars. I’m probably going to rent an suv and hope it fits. I’m under 200 lbs so hopefully that helps.

Thank you. I did call scooter bug and they said this comes with 2 batteries. I don’t see that on the website but that’s what i was told. They told me it’s dimensions I’m just worried ab trunk space in different cars. I’m probably going to rent an suv and hope it fits. I’m under 200 lbs so hopefully that helps.

I think the times we rented it we had a Honda minivan so that thing has a good bit of cargo space - I know we were using all 3 rows of seats tho so could only use the space it in the very back. I wasn't trying to be nosey about your weight - lol! When I rented one from BV that is what the guy told me (the more over 200 lbs you are the less he recommended it). I could tell by the battery life (wouldn't usually go all day) that it was true and I was under 200lbs also. Hopefully someone will see this who has put one in a car trunk. You'd think if you rent even a smaller or mid-size SUV there would be no problems. We were staying at WDW but went to US/IOA for a day or two and it was nice to be able to bring it.

Right. We are DVC and staying at SSR i just don’t want to deal w the hassle of the bus and a scooter

Right. We are DVC and staying at SSR i just don’t want to deal w the hassle of the bus and a scooter
Have you tried taking a scooter on the bus? It's really not bad at all - I've rarely had an issue. If you haven't tried it I'd be happy to offer tips. Otherwise I hope you can find the answer to your question! Have a wonderful trip!! :)

Have you tried taking a scooter on the bus? It's really not bad at all - I've rarely had an issue. If you haven't tried it I'd be happy to offer tips. Otherwise I hope you can find the answer to your question! Have a wonderful trip!! :)
I haven’t, but we are staying at congress park which is the last bus stop and i just don’t want to deal with it really.

ight. We are DVC and staying at SSR i just don’t want to deal w the hassle of the bus and a scooter
I agree! Especially if you stay in the Congress Park area. Its one of (or is) the last bus stop in SSR and countless buses go by with no scooter room. We normally drive and put the scooter in the back of the SUV. Its a PRIDE Victory 10 and breaks down in 4 or 5 sections. Its a heavy duty scooter so its a tad bigger and heavier than a Go Go scooter would be. BUT we avoid the disappointment and hassle of the buses so its worth it.

Have you tried taking a scooter on the bus? It's really not bad at all - I've rarely had an issue. If you haven't tried it I'd be happy to offer tips. Otherwise I hope you can find the answer to your question! Have a wonderful trip!!
Unfortunately I have and would prefer to never having to do that again. One driver yelled at me (yes raised his voice), because I wasn't steering it correctly into the spot. I had told him I was new at scooter driving and asked if he would park it for me, but he would not. He preferred allowing me to struggle with it while all the other passengers watched.
Additionally, I have had to wait for countless buses that had no more scooter room on several occasions.
I will admit there were other drivers who were a pleasure and happy to help, especially when I explained I was new. And there have been times I could get right on the next bus. It's just my preference - I don't want to deal with that hassle or embarrasment again, unless I absolutely have to.

I'm not familiar with the scooterbug one, but maybe that name is unique to them, and it's really one of the GoGos. I've rented the GoGo Sport from Gold Mobility, and I own a GoGo Elite Traveler. Both come apart easily and fit in the trunk of my Toyota Camry. Also fit easily in DH's Ford Edge.

Walker Mobility has the specs and a great photo instructions for setup and breakdown on their website

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter