Scooterbug vs Gold Mobility & Skyliner

dmband

DIS Veteran
Having trouble with the search feature so sorry if this has been answered...
Is Scooterbug as bad as many state?
GM is only $5 more but meeting them could be a huge challenge for us and the large party coming/going on multi flights

can you ride Skyliner with scooter?
I know you can on the bus and monorail.

TIA

GM is only $5 more but meeting them could be a huge challenge for us and the large party coming/going on multi flights

TIA
you can ECV on the Skyliner but your large group might have to be in 2 instead of one

TIA
Gold Mobility is more expensive? That is unusual, unless you are staying less than a week.

You would only need to meet them once to pickup and once to return. Really any one person could meet them on your schedule. As long as your arrival and departure from the resort is between 7 AM and 7 PM, they will meet you on your schedule, in our experience you will not be waiting for them, they will be waiting for you.

From what DH and I have seen, the scooterbug scooters are as slow as the park scooters since they are the same models and Disney required them to be slowed down for them to be the preferred vendor.

And yes, scooters are allowed on the Skyliner. Please note only one scooter per cabin and it does reduce the total number of people allowed in the cabin at once.

I haven't rented from scooterbug but I know Gold has upgraded seats and will include an accessory (or they used to) for free if you wanted it. They had a place to plug in to charge your phone and a phone holder standard. I used to rent from Buena Vista but Gold has a much nicer product and wasn't as beat up and old as the BV scooters I was getting. I think they might also include a damage waiver but double check me on that. I paid extra for it with BV.

If you have multiple people flying in from different places who are renting a scooter perhaps each can arrange their own pickup time? That might make it more simple. Gold was very good about being on time.

Here's my experience meeting Gold Mobility to get/return the scooter. They texted me as I got on DME, then again as I approached. They couldn't meet me as I got off the bus, so I looked for the nearest bench to the DME stop, hobbled over with my cane, texted them as to where I was, and about 10 minutes later, over they came with my scooter. When I left, we'd prearranged a time, and they texted me about an hour beforehand to verify. A few minutes before the time, I went out to a bench by bell services (thank goodness for benches at resorts!), texted them, and right on time, they arrived. After they left, I called for an Uber, and off to the airport I went. I've rented from them on 3 separate trips, and always had a very similar experience (except sometimes they met me a few minutes before DME was due to arrive, instead of the Uber). The one time I rented from a company that was supposed to have the scooter waiting at Bell Services, my key was "missing" and I had to wait about 1/2 hour for them to find another key that "would work". I'll meet Gold Mobility for my scooter, and have the opportunity to ask last minute questions, anytime.

Gold Mobility is more expensive? That is unusual, unless you are staying less than a week.

You would only need to meet them once to pickup and once to return. Really any one person could meet them on your schedule. As long as your arrival and departure from the resort is between 7 AM and 7 PM, they will meet you on your schedule, in our experience you will not be waiting for them, they will be waiting for you.
I take that back, GM is $5 less
they are only charging 9 days, $215 with tax
SB is charging 10 days, $220
it is ten days so not sure why GM is only charging 9 but that’s what the site says

seems from the posts, GM is very good at making the time work for you.
Our flight lands around 8:45am and leaves around 6 pm so the times would be just coordination it seems more then anything.

I take that back, GM is $5 less
they are only charging 9 days, $215 with tax
SB is charging 10 days, $220
it is ten days so not sure why GM is only charging 9 but that’s what the site says

seems from the posts, GM is very good at making the time work for you.
Our flight lands around 8:45am and leaves around 6 pm so the times would be just coordination it seems more then anything.
I would definitely go with Gold....your times fit fine and coordination won't be an issue, they will likely be waiting on you when you arrive and will definitely be there on time when you leave.

If you are taking magical express, they will just ask you to text the delivery person when you get on the bus (unless you arrange a different time) and they will be waiting when you get off ME.

As to why they are charging for 9 days, they tend to err in favor of the customer and also other companies will charge a full day for even a few hours, they don't. And the first 7 days are a flat rate, so you only pay extra per day after that.

I’ll put in a shout here for K&M Rentals. They will deliver to your WDW or Universal resort (or villa/hotel/timeshare if you’re staying offsite - we’ve done both over the years) but if you have a car you can also collect and drop off at their office (on the 192 at the Arabian Nights Blvd junction) for which they generally have special low rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter