Scott & Vinny: 13 days of Magic..UPDATED *NEW* 3/4 (The End)

So when we last left off we had just gotten off of the boat. We had 2 goals here. Let’s go do the first one.

Let us walk on over there. I love fountains.
disneyoct201249.jpg

I love legos also. LOL
disneyoct201250.jpg

We reached our destination.
disneyoct201251.jpg

Now I had pre-ordered the photopass+ card so I had to have it activated. The first CM looked very confused so another one jumped in. he activated it and I was out of there in a few minutes.
Here is the inside of guest relations. The photopass is in the same area.
disneyoct201254.jpg

The desk.
disneyoct201255.jpg

We will be back here again. I think this is the best place for tickets and such as it is never really busy and they seem to know what they are doing. Or do they?

After this we left here and went to find lunch? (Goal # 2) Some things we passed along the way.
disneyoct201256.jpg

It is now a little after 12pm and we go into Earl of Sandwich and we walk right back out again. The line was around the corner. We decided to go check out Wolfgang Puck Express.

We ordered.
Scott:
Meatloaf Sandwich - provolone, bacon, tomato chutney, horseradish cream and crispy onions $13.50
disneyoct201257.jpg

Root beer

Vinny:
Chinois Chicken Salad - crispy wontons, cashews, ginger and sesame honey dressing $11
Bud.
Total = $34.40 (no discount)
This was really good. My sandwich was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S…
I would highly recommend this place. Vinny said the salad was good but too much chicken. It also took him over 45 minutes to eat it. SO SLOW.

Think I will stop here.

Up next,

More at DTD

That sandwich looks huge but good. Not to give to much away but why does Vinny order chicken salad all of the time and then complain about the chicken?

I'm always amazed by the lack of people at GR in DTD too. My parents normally go there to activate their annuals because it's faster than the parks.

Mmmmm, Wolfgang Puck Express. Definitely one of my favorites. It's so so so good. That sandwich looks pretty yummy.

That sandwich looks huge but good. Not to give to much away but why does Vinny order chicken salad all of the time and then complain about the chicken?
Because he is a fool.

I'm always amazed by the lack of people at GR in DTD too. My parents normally go there to activate their annuals because it's faster than the parks.

Mmmmm, Wolfgang Puck Express. Definitely one of my favorites. It's so so so good. That sandwich looks pretty yummy.
me too. It is so quick.
it was really good.

Hi, Scott!

I thought Bloody Mary's were required on morning flights. ;) Particularly when you don't have to drive on the other end...

We have still only spent a few hours here and there at DTD and have never eaten anywhere but Raglan Road (but then, why would we???) That sandwich looks good, though! ;)

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Hi, Scott!

I thought Bloody Mary's were required on morning flights. ;) Particularly when you don't have to drive on the other end...

We have still only spent a few hours here and there at DTD and have never eaten anywhere but Raglan Road (but then, why would we???) That sandwich looks good, though! ;)

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Hi,
Welcome. They really are. :lmao:
Ooh Raglan Road was a bad experience for us. We might give it another try next trip. The sandwich really was.

That sandwich looks delicious, too bad about earl of sandwich, they opened one in manhattan near radio city, I haven't been to that one yet but hopefully soon because I love their holiday sandwich .

Love the updates! Your sandwich looks delicious!!! Is that Vinny's salad in the background? If so -- I'd probably take 45 minutes to eat that, too! It looks huge!

::MickeyMo Been reading along in lurk mode. I've been very busy the past few days :sad2:. Vinny's rash looked itchy!

That sandwich looks delicious!
I'm putting Wolfgang Puck Express on the list for the next trip.

How did you like Photopass+?

That sandwich looks delicious, too bad about earl of sandwich, they opened one in manhattan near radio city, I haven't been to that one yet but hopefully soon because I love their holiday sandwich .
it was. I might have to look it up if I ever get into the city again.

Love the updates! Your sandwich looks delicious!!! Is that Vinny's salad in the background? If so -- I'd probably take 45 minutes to eat that, too! It looks huge!
Thanks.
Yes it was. it was very big.

:lmao:
:rotfl: Scott, I HAVE to try WPE...I also heard on another TR their breakfast is great as well :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

LOVE the LEGO displays!!!
I have heard there breakfats is good. I will also have to try it one day.
They are so much fun. I wish they changed them up a little.

::MickeyMo Been reading along in lurk mode. I've been very busy the past few days :sad2:. Vinny's rash looked itchy!
Glad you're hee. Busy can be good.
No ti wasn't itchy. Just bright red. LOL

Hey Scott,

Lurked on your Disneymoon... subbing on here... need to go to read...:goodvibes
Welcome. Thanks for reading along.

That sandwich looks delicious!
I'm putting Wolfgang Puck Express on the list for the next trip.

How did you like Photopass+?
:thumbsup2

I love Photopass+. It was our second time using it and will do it again in the future.

After our very delicious lunch we walked around. We did go into the Christmas store.
disneyoct201258.jpg

We only looked around and did not buy anything. So many choices.
disneyoct201259.jpg

I thought these were cute for any football fans.
disneyoct201260.jpg

Ceiling decoration.
disneyoct201261.jpg

One day I will get a pic of all the signs.
disneyoct201262.jpg

After going from one end to another we left.
disneyoct201263.jpg

Always posing for a photo. LOL
disneyoct201264.jpg

Then we just walked around a little. I do like taking in DTD when it is quiet.
disneyoct201265.jpg

I love this store but wow can it get crazy in there. I do not believe we stopped.
disneyoct201266.jpg

I love this guy. LOL
disneyoct201267.jpg

A hidden Mickey. Okay not so hidden but still.
disneyoct201268.jpg

A nice crowd for T-Rex. This place is good but really pricey.
disneyoct201270.jpg

Halloween decorations. I love how they decorate and that they decorate Downtown Disney.
disneyoct201271.jpg

Then we had decided it was time to go back to the resort. Here are a few more pics as we head back.
disneyoct201272.jpg

disneyoct201273.jpg

The sign to tell you are going to correct location.
disneyoct201273.jpg

Here is another shot of the balloon.
disneyoct201274.jpg

Hmm, those clouds do not look good.
disneyoct201277.jpg

And a bird on our way to welcome us back to the resort.
disneyoct201278.jpg

Once we docked we went back to the room. Our bags had been delivered so we unpacked and got the room situated. I believe I did sit outside on the chairs for a little while and then I crashed. I can only assume I slept or swam. Vinny does not remember and neither do I so I am thinking sleeping.

Coming up next,

Dinner with 2 great friends

I went to DTD more on this trip than ever before and never made it into the Christmas shop. I think I have most of the 12 days of Christmas signs. I may find out as I organize my photo discs. My new hobby.

Vinny really does like to pose. :lmao:

I think a Bloody Mary is a perfectly acceptable way to kick of vacation, even if you don't hate flying!

Glad you were able to get an upper floor AND have it ready right away! Other than the bumpy flight and Vinny's rash, off to a great start. He sure looks happy in that first picture, love it!

Hey Scott- followed along on the last adventure...joining in on this one.

I can't remember the last time I was at DTD, we used to go when the boys were younger and we would stay for 10 days...now we have to go during peak times and for less time so it keeps getting pushed aside. Oh wait, the last time was in DL when you have to walk thru DTD to get to the Magic Kingdom...makes it much easier :thumbsup2

Stay safe from the storm!

Hmmm... Have to get to DTD during the day time... I feel like we're always there at night... I think it would be nice to be there during the day... probably much less crowded and you can actually see everthing...:thumbsup2

I've never had anything bad at WPE that I can remember...

Does the Bloody Mary help take the edge off? I'm a terrible flyer as well and I'm always looking for tricks... I made the mistake once on an overnight flight on Air France -who had at the time pretty decent airplane food and wine and champagne, etc ... and this was in Coach... of drinking more than one drink but several... and when I go there... I'm sorry to say I had a teeny bit of a hangover...:sick: so I've really shied away from drinking on planes... but many just one...:rolleyes1

Are you getting ready for Hurricane Sandy... I'm outside of Philadelphia... and looks like you're in NY... We're smack in what they're showing to be the middle...:scared: It's constantly on all the news... I wonder if there is any chance of it scaling down???:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter