Scottish Wedding & Christmas Disneymoon: Photos added

Thanks girls. I can't wait to see DFs face.

Today I'm working with the stationer to decide on fonts/wording etc for the invites. the wedding is only 9 weeks on Saturday away so it's all systems go. Gym tonight too :yay: Have a lovely day. Kxx

Ok, so a couple of weeks ago DF had a few donkey moments... he hired kilts from a company that went bust, he had an accident chopping carrotts (because he wasn't using the safety guard!!) and he dropped his iPod in the bath - he was officially wearing the donkey ears (I am defo going to buy a set of these at Universal Studios).

Well I had my very own donkey moment last night. I bought 100 favour boxes in July. They arrived, I checked that they were the right thing and I checked that there was 100 of them - everything's lovely jubbly.

Last night I went to check how much ribbon we would need per box to tie them up. I get the packets out, take one look at them and wham - they are the wrong boxes!!!! :eek: I ordered boxes with a separate lid and these ones have the lid attached - oh no this is not what I wanted and (after muchas hammering on the keyboard and checking delivery notes) it wasn't what I ordered!!! :mad: I basically had a diva strop (with myself as I was annoyed I hadn't picked up on this at the time) to end all diva strops :yay: I knew I was being ridiculous but I carried on anyway all the while DF is making fun as a) I'm being ridiculous and b) it's hardly the end of the world.

So I phone the company this morning and they are more than happy to exchange my boxes but cannot figure out what I have been sent as they don't do boxes with lids attached... :confused3

I'd only gone and missed the box lids that were in the packs as well for all the world to see!!! I realised this while talking to a lovely girl on the phone - I apologised endlessly and she told me not to worry. :rolleyes1

The donkey ears are on me!!

HI - Another u.k bride to be here :banana: :banana:

Just finished reading all 7 pages and I have to say that alongside all your drama, you have managed to plan brilliantly !
All of your choices are fabby and I think your wedding is going to be great.

LINZ XXX :cheer2:

ps. your scrapbooking pages are great !

Kirsteen

Everything looks beautiful so far. I love the colors of your BM dresses. I am not a Disney bride, nor just a regular one. I have been married for almost 11 years this October but love reading the wedding boards. I hope that some day I can get a brick at the MK. The last time we were there which was in 2004 they were not doing them. I would love to do one my family. Could you tell me where you got the information, maybe I could call them and see if they are going to do it again. Thanks. Can't wait for more.

Kirsteen

Everything looks beautiful so far. I love the colors of your BM dresses. I am not a Disney bride, nor just a regular one. I have been married for almost 11 years this October but love reading the wedding boards. I hope that some day I can get a brick at the MK. The last time we were there which was in 2004 they were not doing them. I would love to do one my family. Could you tell me where you got the information, maybe I could call them and see if they are going to do it again. Thanks. Can't wait for more.

Thanks for your message Laura. The original thread about the bricks that I stumbled across is here

Getting ready for Disney

I printed some thank you messages for Mousekeeping yesterday - I'm going to stick them to envelopes to put our Mousekeeping tips in. How does everyone else do this? DF thinks I'm mad printing off thank yous and taking envelopes with us to give to Mousekeeping :flower3:

We've always decorated our Mousekeeping envelopes. I've printed things on them directly and I've rubberstamped and stickered them too. I think it gives that little extra magic to your mousekeeper that shows you appreciate them.

Aw thanks honey that makes me feel better - DF had me thinking I was being a bit OTT :rotfl2: Who me? :confused3 ;)

I've just booked my first fitting with the bridal shop. I don't know about you guys but my bridal shop is so unhelpful. Not only did they forget to mention that I would have to take my dress home and store if for 3 months before taking it back to be altered but they forgot to mention that I could only have dress fittings/alterations on week days 10.30-4.30 (so not even a chance to leave work early or come into work late!). I just asked if my tiara was in as when I collected my dress 3 months ago the one they were giving me felt squint and I wanted one that felt new for the price $150 that I was paying for it (perhaps a bit bridezilla? :lmao: ). Anyway today 3 months later they can't tell me if it's in or not and they have a lot of filing to do so they'll prob not be able to phone me back today?! :confused3 Also I asked if the extra BM material had been ordered and all they said was we'll sort that which makes me think they haven't ordered it :mad: They did manage to ask me if I'd recieved my tickets to their bridal show and if I was going - I told them no!

Thanks for the link to the brick thread. Also your bridal shop sounds yucky, to put it nicely. I hope everything works out for you with the tiara and the extra material for the BM dresses. I think it's funny that after all the things they didn't do for they expect you to go to their bridal show:lmao: . I also want to comment on the mousekeeping envelopes. I think that is such a cute idea. Could you post some pictures of what you did? I would love to see them. I am going to put that idea in the back of my head for our trip. I am sure that they would think it's swell too, because really how many times are they thanked besides a tip of course.:dance3:

Hi Laura,

I got the Mousekeeping labels here I saved the Classic and Christmas ones in Word and just edited the text and then printed them out. HTH

I know, the bridal shop is so cheeky. I can't wait until I walk out of there with my dress all ready to wear safe in the knowledge that I never have to go back (well for a wee while - I'm a BM at a wedding next year and the bride bought her dresses out of this shop too).

Sounds like your bridal store needs a lesson in customer service. Sorry things are being an extra hassle!

catching up on your pj, how did i miss this one....

anyway, your brick looks great, i just asked df if he wanted something like that and he said yes!

we always loved the special things that guests did for us while we were working at the world!

catching up on your pj, how did i miss this one....

anyway, your brick looks great, i just asked df if he wanted something like that and he said yes!

we always loved the special things that guests did for us while we were working at the world!

Thank you, it's lovely to know that the special things mean something to CMs :goodvibes

First Dance

What do you guys think of Can you Feel the Love Tonight for our first dance? I would have to ask the band to learn it as the don't currently play it but I want to be extra sure before I ask them to do this.

Do you think it's appropriate for a first dance? Can anyone remember when the song is played in the film? I've tried all weekend to get a copy but can't get one anywhere.

Thanks for your help!
Kxx

I think it would be fine for a first dance. It's in a part of the movie when Simba and Nala meet again and they kind of "spend the day together, maybe a date" and they fall in love at that point in the movie. Did you try going to a site where you can buy the album from The Lion King? I have the soundtrack from the movie maybe you can buy that.

I found this online, I just searched Disney lyrics. Maybe it's not so good. You can decide. If you play the one Elton John sings it would be ok, this is the one that the characters sing, so the ending is not so good.

Can You Feel the Love Tonight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Timon:] I can see what's happ'ning
[Pumba:] (What?)
[Timon:] And they don't have a clue!
[Pumba:] (Who?)
[Timon:] They'll fall in love and here's the bottom line
Our trio's down to two
[Pumba:] (Oh.)

[Timon:] The sweet caress of twilight
There's magic everywhere
And with all this romantic atmosphere
Disaster's in the air

[Choir:] Can you feel the love tonight?
The peace the evening brings
The world, for once, in perfect harmony
With all its living things

[Simba:] So many things to tell her
But how to make her see
The truth about my past? Impossible!
She'd turn away from me

[Nala:] He's holding back, he's hiding
But what, I can't decide
Why won't he be the king I know he is
The king I see inside?

[Choir:] Can you feel the love tonight?
You needn't look too far
Stealing through the night's uncertainties
Love is where they are

[Timon:] And if he falls in love tonight
It can be assumed
His carefree days with us are history
In short, our pal is doomed

lol thanks Laura - I meant the Elton John version... :goodvibes

There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
When the heat of the rolling world can be turned away
An enchanted moment, and it sees me through
It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

And can you feel the love tonight
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far
And can you feel the love tonight
How it's laid to rest
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best

There's a time for everyone if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours​

That's perfect. I am such a goof, duh it would be the Elton John version.:lmao:

I bought my outfit for my hen/bachelorette party at Frankensteins... :rotfl2:

R73119xl.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter