Scrapbook. Where do I start?

I read in one of the magazines something I thought was a good idea. By two postcards every day showing something significant about that day. Do your journaling on the back of one and mail it to yourself. Save the other and then you can put both front and back in your scrapbook. That gives you a head start on the journaling and definitely captures the moment right then!

I'm new to this too - I haven't started on any WDW trips yet! I'm doing my trip in June to Yellowstone. Once you get started - you're a goner!! I've bought every magazine about scrapbooking I could get my hands on - including the Big Book of Disney Memories and Becky Higgins Creative Companion. I looked and looked and looked and read before I did my first page so I'd know exactly what kind of stuff I liked the best. I'm very pleased with what I've done so far - I wish I knew how to post them! Good luck!

This forum was just linked into the DCL forum and I may be in real! trouble with the time I spend online now.

One suggestion I have for folks getting into scrapbooking is to find a friend in your area who is already doing it. While we do the majority of our scrapping solo on occasion we do get together and scrap. We also share ideas and sometimes photos, especially since we have kids in the same activities.

Deb:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Pack a few of those big brown mailing envelopes to keep all of the things you have collected. My traveling companions know from the getgo that anything collected that day goes in the envelope. I used to use folders but the envelopes are much better as when they get full, you can mail them home to yourself.

PS: I want to say welcome to our new scrapbook posters

Chessie I love the envelope idea! never thought of it! Especially since I am usually behind in all my scrapping! I have stuff I saved but not sure which trip and when. But if I remember to pack a large envelope with each trip (including non Disney) and date it I will be able to use it!
Thank you!

Oh to all the new scrappers! One thing I would say is find a buddy! Someone who has scrapped before and can help you with the spending end of it! I was on my own and bought and bought which I must say was fun but alot of the stuff I won't use.
My friend just started getting into it and we chat about what is good what isn't! Especially what to put all your stuff in! I was green when she bought the XXLarge crop in style bag I bought a much smaller bag initially not knowing!She learned from me! Bigger is always better and wheels are a must! LOL! Oh had I known! But it is on my list....
Anyway finding a friend makes it so much more fun!

I'm a huge scrapbooker and I would just love to get some personal photos of the inside of attractions. However, on all rides, they make that announcement regarding no flash photography like as the Haunted Mansion. Is there a way to get around that other than buying postcards and using stickers? I don't want anyone to admit that they have actually used flash photography while riding, however, I'd be interested in any tips or suggestions.

Thanks

If you have a digital camera that MIGHT work. I haven't tried it but my brother does a lot of photography inside attractions of this sort (he works in the industry) and says it will work BUT like most digital photos if there is a lot of action digital doesn't do stop action.

I've photographed inside theaters using only the light from stage using really fast film - 1600 speed. I haven't tried it in the attractions. If anyone gives it a try let us know how it works. FYI - if you're going to try it I'd suggest using short rolls (12 exposure) because once you're back outside 1600 is too fast to shoot in Florida sunshine, even with a polarizing filter.

Deb

Isn't there a new place in downtown to get scrapping materials/supplies?

:wave: I know this thread stopped long ago, but I wanted to add a suggestion. Use Disney Dollars on your pages...might even be cheaper than stickers.

I've been scrapping for a few years although I've never been to DW but have my reservations for Sept. 2003. Already can't wait to start collecting stuff.

Thanks for all the great tips!!

I'm glad you bumped this thread back up. I had never read it before and found it to be very interesting. I am working on my Disney SB right now and am finding that I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I thought I did. It seems like everything I want to scrap, I don't have a picture of. So, my advice is take way more pictures than you think you need. Take pictures of everything. I'm hoping to get to go back to DW hopefully within the next year and will be able to follow some of the suggestions I read.

So many great hints and tips here!!!!

I've been scrapbooking for 5 years and I've completed 4 Disney Vacation albums - each one BIGGER than the year before!

The best tip I can give to you is to find a Creative Memories Consultant and either host a class or go to one of her upcoming classes. Their philosphy is "simple pages - completed pages". You don't want to start off in a HUGE scrapbook store or you will spend a LOT of money - because you're going to want EVERYTHING you see!!!!!

Start out simple and build up to the more extravagant pages. My first albums look very plain compared to what I do now, but I would never go back and change them. You'll see your styles change over the years - but each album will be very precious to you and your family.

A couple of other online sites that I use are:

www.scrappinfools.com
www.gonescrappin.com

Both of these sites have great service!!!!!

Any other questions, please feel free to PM me.

Bump!

thanks for all of the great tips. I'm headed to WDW next week for my first time. I plan to do a scrapbook upon my return, that will be my summer project!!!!! I can't wait!!! I think I'm looking forward to the scrapbook as much as my trip :earsgirl:

Thanks for bumping this old thread Leanne...lots of great tips in it!

taysalyn said:
I'm a huge scrapbooker and I would just love to get some personal photos of the inside of attractions. However, on all rides, they make that announcement regarding no flash photography like as the Haunted Mansion. Is there a way to get around that other than buying postcards and using stickers? I don't want anyone to admit that they have actually used flash photography while riding, however, I'd be interested in any tips or suggestions.

Thanks
You should be able to pull it off if you have a higher end digital camera with 6 or 7 MP and a night setting. Be careful because the picture will easily blur. You can lighten it on your computer.

I'm also getting ready for my trip. I read on The Scrapbooker's Guide to Walt Disney World that while on the trip some restaurants you go to, if you say to your waiter that you are a scrapbooker, may give you a copy of the menu if you are interested. And they also suggested going to Customer Relations they may have some things for you. I personally don't know if this works but its something to think about while on your trip - Anyways good luck with your scrapbook :)

Subscribing for the ideas. I'm a fellow scrapper always hunting for the best tips and ideas. Thanks guys!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter