Scrapbooking Question

fostrmom2mny

DIS Veteran
I am a beginner scrapbooker and I have undertaken a Scrapbook/picture album for my adopted daughter. She has three younger siblings that are in different placements. The kids have been in DHS custody for almost 10 years and just recently their maternal grandmother passed away. I was given the oppuntunity to make color copies of some of the family's pictures, including some baby pictures of each of the kids. My DD wants copies of all the pictures for her book, but as it is taking me so long to complete this, I am wondering if I could just color copy the final pages and let each of her other siblings have copies.

Have you ever made color copies of completed pages? How did they look? I'm not nessisarily looking for perfect quality, because the other kids will have no pictures of their own if I don't do this. I'm just hoping someone may have tried this with some success.
Thanks for any opinions.
Gerri

I haven't done it myself, but I'm pretty sure that I have read that a lot of people do this for siblings. You could always try your first page and see how the quality looks

Bev

My friend took some of her pages to a local office supply store and had copies made using the color copy machine. She used a glossy paper. I think they turned out well.

It will be wonderful for the other children to have pictures of their birth family and you are so thoughtful to include them.

Chessie

I think this is a wonderful idea! My SIL does make copies of her completed pages for our MIL so she can have an album of the kids too. They torun out OK. A little grainy but definitely worth it.

on 11X17 paper, by reducing to about 97 % Try to find a copy center that uses one of the fancy new canon color copiers- they can adjust for color - costs about a dollar a page, and the results are great!

My CMC does this with albums she makes as gifts. That way she can remember what she gave and can reuse layout ideas. She gets the copies made at Kinkos, and they turn out great.

I scan my pages with my 8 1/2 x11 scanner, then use Arcsoft panorama maker to stitch them together. It is very easy. I print using my Epson 13x19 printer.

I have also reduced the sizes and given smaller versions as gifts or books the little ones can look at.

I am really late in posting this but incase anyone else is looking for this info there is a company online that was started just for this purpose.... Scrapbooks to Share:

http://sbtoshare.com

They also print Digital Scrapbook Pages at very resonable rates...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter