Screen names: what does yours mean?

Mine... 15 is my lucky number, and every good fairytale (or Disney adventure;)) begins with "Once Upon a Time..."

Well, if you haven't already figured out...I go as TiggerTrigger in some things and HouCuseChickie in others.

TiggerTrigger...sadly it has no meaning, but it does have sort of backstory. I was HouCuseChickie in several Disney groups before TiggerTrigger was born. It sort of bugged me that I'd gone with a name on several groups that had no Disney sound to it, so when I joined Disboards I just picked a name with a catchy Disney sound to it. This is also the name you'll see me chat with on Livestream.

HouCuseChickie...This one is a name I've been using for a long time. When it comes to forums, I'm actually much more active on a different Disney forum where I go by the name HouCuseChickie. This is also the name you'll see for me if I chat on YouTube. As for the meaning...
Hou- because I live in the Houston area (not a native Texan though)
Cuse- I am a Syracuse University alum
Chickie- Family nickname since I was a little kid
*And I know it's a long name, and the shortening isn't as obvious as reducing the first one to Tigger, but I'm fine if people just call me Chickie :)

When I was a kid, my little sister couldn't say "Virginia" (my name). Instead she said "Ginya". It has been my nickname ever since.

My name is Virginia too! I love the sound of Ginya. But I'm Jenni for short - I know it's not the right spelling, has to do with 2 different great grandmothers' names, long story- but Ginny and Jenni sound exactly the same in Western KY (try teaching phonics to these kids - short "I" and short "e" are nightmares!)

You ended up with a very pretty nickname but I wasn't so lucky My middle name is Louise and every one called me Lou Lou (yuck!) but my sister couldn't say it, so I was Woo Woo (double yuck) to my ENTIRE extended family for all of my formative life!

I am Super and I am Me voila Superme. And 80 was the year I was born. I have thought about changing my name, but I am too lazy to change it.

Mine is based on dd's name which goes very well with bear, I used to call her -----bear. From that came bear_mom.

Mine actually has nothing to do with Disney at all, but rather my other love- musical theatre!

Obviously of course my name is Emma. One of favourite musical characters is Elphaba from wicked. Back when I used to see it all the time, my cousin dubbed me Emmaba and it stuck as a nickname. The Rose comes from the character of Nessarose. Hence EmmabaRose

Lesverts = The Greens, its a play on the FFF nickname of Les Bleus. It is also a common name in La Francophonie for environmental political parties. Though if it went by the political party I am affiliated with it would be Lagrandetenterouge. So in other words its just a pretentious way to say I like green.

Some of these reasons for the names are cute, mine is boring........I live in South Carolina and my initials are DAK and many people call me that, and its the only way I sign my name on cards, letters etc because I am lazy and I hate the way my name looks in cursive writing!

I collect Sorcerer Mickey stuff and I love him so much, especially his hat. So I am BlueStarryHat. I'm probably the only person on Earth who misses the giant hat at the Studios.
Not for a minute are you alone in that "missing". See my name, and check out my "reason for my name" on Page 1? You are NOT alone in your love of the cute Sorcerer Guy! :)

Not for a minute are you alone in that "missing". See my name, and check out my "reason for my name" on Page 1? You are NOT alone in your love of the cute Sorcerer Guy! :)

No, neither of you are alone in missing the hat, I thought it was cute and my best friend LOVES Sorcerer Mickey

Twende is "Let's go!" in Swahili. We heard a CM say it on our first Kilimanjaro Safari ride and loved the sound of it. I joined DisBoards shortly after that and it seemed the perfect name for us as we love to "Let's go...to Disney.

:wave:Hi Everyone! I'm excited to be back on the Disboards. I had a different screen name when I originally joined when I was still a WDW Cast Member. It was princesscastmember because I love the Disney Princesses and I was a cast member at the time. My new screen name MKGR2006 is in honor of where I worked when I was cast member, which was Magic Kingdom Guest Relations.

:wave:Hi Everyone! I'm excited to be back on the Disboards. I had a different screen name when I originally joined when I was still a WDW Cast Member. It was princesscastmember because I love the Disney Princesses and I was a cast member at the time. My new screen name MKGR2006 is in honor of where I worked when I was cast member, which was Magic Kingdom Guest Relations.
Welcome back, awesome to have you!!

I sort of made an attempt to explain where my name came from in my signature.

One of my favorite poems is Margaret Atwood's "You Begin". To me it's a poem that uses beautiful imagery to attempt to understand all that the world is. This is the stanza that has the nine crayons line.

Outside the window
is the rain, green
because it is summer, and beyond that
the trees and then the world,
which is round and has only
the colors of these nine crayons.
I picked it because I'd previously been using my initials as emails and screen names, but I wanted something more unique. I use this for my Twitter and a few other screen names.

Most people assume that I picked it because it's a teacher thing. A friend once asked if that was the number of crayons that were budgeted to me for the year. :rotfl2:

When I was a kid, my little sister couldn't say "Virginia" (my name). Instead she said "Ginya". It has been my nickname ever since.
My niece calls me "Aunty Sheshie" because she can't pronounce the J sound yet. But my sister calls me Sheshie now.

Now, as a gen Y kid, I should know how to use Twitter, JL has even tried to teach me, but I just don't get it. Anyway, my Twitter is scruffyjes, my dad has always called me scruffy or just scruff... I think it's pretty clear, I'm messy and I used to be quite scruffy as a kid. I was the ultimate Tom boy so I was never tidy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter