Screw In the Light Bulb-All New x 13 4/25!!

shan23877

I make lists about my lists
Screw in the Light bulb: a tale of food, royal accommodations, and lots and lots of glitter.​

Hello and Welcome to my third trip report! My name is Shannon, but you probably know me better as Princess Maddie’s mom. I’m behind the camera most of the time so pictures of me are rare. Feel free to reference this one if you need reminding what I look like. (Don't mind the weird thing my hair is doing-who's choosing these pictures anyway??:confused3)

Name: Shannon

Nicknames: Shan, Mommy, Little One

Favorite Color: red and Cubbie blue

Favorite TV show: most reality television but my favorites are Top Chef and Project Runway, also recently binge watched Friday Night Lights on Netflix and consider myself a convert.

Favorite Movie: Hoosiers

Favorite Sports Team: Chicago Cubs

Favorite WDW Attraction: Rock N Roller Coaster

When I grow up I’d like to be: Betty White (or Tina Fey)

Suggested Trip Report Title: No one told me it was hurricane season!, So Much Glitter…, There are Brazilians Everywhere!

This is my husband Bryan. He’ll show up more often in photos

Name: Bryan

Nicknames: Bry, Daddy

Age: younger than Shannon (which he never lets me forget)

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite TV Show: The West Wing

Favorite Movie: the Godfather

Favorite Sports Team: Chicago Cubs

Favorite WDW Attraction: Rock N Roller Coaster

When I grow up I’d like to be: I am a grown up

Suggested Trip Report Title: My Wife Takes Too Many Pictures, My Feet Are Wet

And last but not least is our daughter Maddie. She has never met a camera that she doesn’t like so there will be PLENTY of photos of her, don’t you worry.

Name: Maddie

Nicknames: Mads, Maddie-bear, Stinky Pete, Princess, Angel Baby

Favorite Color: pink, purple, glitter

Favorite TV show: anything on the Disney Channel, Stacey

Favorite Movie: could never choose. All Disney movies

Favorite Sports Team: Sports?

Favorite WDW Attraction: All of them. Enchanted Tales with Belle is really good though

When I grow up I’d like to be: a princess

Suggested Trip Report Title: Screw in the Light Bulb (guess who won?)

Some TR titles come from a particular moment, some come from the overall feeling of a trip, but this my friends is a lifestyle! What does Screw in the Light Bulb mean? Well as many of you know, CMs (and other guests) often greet little girls by calling them princess. Maddie being the rule following young lady she is doesn’t like to talk to strangers, but she will respond by dipping into an immediate curtsy and doing a princess wave. Want to know the secret to the perfect princess wave? Screw in the light bulb. Go ahead-try it. I’ll wait.

See? Perfect princess wave. Maddie said “screw in the light bulb” to herself almost every time she executed her royal wave, and a TR was born.

That’s us! This was our third annual WDW vacation. If you’d like to delve into the minutiae of the trip planning feel free to take a look at my PTR for this trip (the link is in my signature), but if you’re anything like me you won’t so here are the details:

The trip took place July 12-July 20 2013. We went back and forth on resort choices before finally settling on Port Orleans Riverside-Royal Room Standard View. We had 7 day theme park tickets with park hopper, and the Deluxe Dining Plan. I know that DxDP is not for everyone, but it works for us and we love it! And, that means you gets LOTS AND LOTS of dining reviews!
As a bonus you’ll also get an update or two detailing the quick trip to Boston that Bryan and I took 3 days before the WDW trip!

Now, who’s with me???

Chapter Links

The One Where the First One Said To the Second One There-I Hope You're Having Fun

The One Where Desmond Said To Molly "Girl, I Like Your Face"

The One Where We Get Ready To Go To Disney

The One With The Royal Room

The One Where We Utilize Disney Transportation

The One With The Dining Review Disclaimer

The One With 1900 Park Fare-Breakfast Part One

The One With 1900 Park Fare-Breakfast Part Two

The One With a Brief Oral History of Walt Disney World According to Maddie-Real Life Update

The One Where Maddie is Shivering in a Dungeon

The One with a Princess in a Mermaid Tail

The One Where Goofy Makes a Call

The One Where We are Strongly Influenced by Stacey

The One With Guest Disservice and a Drag Queen Princess

The One With the Plaza

The One With the Apology

The One Where It's Cloudy With a Chance of Monsoon

The One With 'Ohana

The One Where We Dance the Night Away

The One With The Sewing Room

The One With Hollywood & Vine

The One Where We Visit Friends-And Saturn

The One With The Snack

The One With Mama Melrose

The One With the Holidays

The One Where We Meet Our Brothers

The One With My Favorite Picture

The One With The Yachtsman Steakhouse

The One With Fantasmic!

The One With The Little Princess

Feeling Sheepish

The One Where She's Working On Her Roar

The One With Some Exploring

The One With Be Our Guest-Lunch

The One With The Best Chipmunks EVER

The One With Her New Best Friend

The One With A Very Different 3 O'Clock Parade

The One With Some Princesses and More Rain

The One With Cinderella's Royal Table

The One Where Mommy Goes All In

Yay TR time!! I'm in and excited to hear about the trip!

Love the story behind the title and I did have to try it out for myself lol. Where did Maddie come up with that? Quite clever!

Yya!! I'm so excited! Obviously I love your TRs, the stories are always amazing and the pictures are fantastic!!

Lovely shirt Bryan has on there :p

Love the pic of you and Maddie, super cute!!

You got me, I totes stopped to do the princess wave!!

YAY!!

p.s. when are you guys talking about going back next?

Hopped over from the PTR. Excited to read all about your trip and see more pictures of adorable Maddie!

So excited you started your trip report! I have read all your Trip Reports, and followed along with your Pretrip report and l can't wait to read about your royal expirence!

Wahooooooo the moment I have been waiting for! Thank you for linking me :cool1::cool1::cool1: So excited to read about your trip!

HEY, SHANNON! Of course I'm here! You know I never miss a Princess Maddie TR...(er, *your* TRs?)!

I'm so excited to start reading. Sounds like it's going to be pretty interesting just from the suggested titles alone!:thumbsup2

That shirt on Bry=perfection!

Yay! Super excited to read all about your adventures!!! I love love love reading about Princess Maddie's adventure and trying to imagine what Claudia might be like in a few years.

Yay! I get to be on board from the beginning for this one! My favorite colors are also pink and glitter, and I LOVE Enchanted Tales with Belle, so I appreciate Maddie's choices. We're staying at POR in a Royal Room for Thanksgiving, so I can't wait to see pictures! And I work in Boston so I hope you enjoyed your trip here princess:

I'm here and reading along again! Can't wait to hear more. I have to admit I definitely tried the "screw in the lightbulb" wave. Maddie's right! Perfect Princess wave.

What took you so long?:confused3

I also am very excited to be here from the begining and can't wait to hear all about Princess Maddie's trip.

Hi! I've been a lurker for a loooooong time, but I thought I'd make my first post on your new TR! I've been looking forward to reading it. I read your first one and what was done of your second before my family's trip last September. I loved them and they were truly helpful in planning our own trip!

I'm your neighbor to the north (we're in Wisconsin), but I am a DIE HARD Cubs fan, like my dad and grandpa before me. I love them even when they suck.

Looking forward to hear about your adventures! I have 2 little girls age 6 and 4, so I always like to hear what Maddie likes/doesn't like at Disney.

I've been a lurker too and wanted to say hi. I'm looking forward to your report!

Count me in!! I'm embarrassed to stay I haven't finished your last TR (one of those sneaky unintentional DIS hiatuses that you don't even realize you're on till 6 months in :sad2:) BUT I am super thrilled for another Princess Maddie adventure with lots of food! Hurray!

Can't wait to see what you thought of my backyard (Boston that is!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter