Scripting Language...

<OBJECT><EMBED src="http://66.139.241.190/images/wheel.swf" loop=true quality=medium bgcolor=#F1F1F1 WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="200" NAME="rainbow" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED></OBJECT>

This is using a graphic, but you could do it with strictly text and save a couple of k. My Freehand PC just took a nose dive :(

Compare this at 7k to the .gif at 61+k

However the .gif can be transparent, this can't (I cheated again :) )

JC

Whooops! It's not looping the color change, but you get the point :)

It's a simple publishing style fix :rolleyes:

JC

Hi Mr. Cricket, I have Flash 5MX, I went through the tutorials again (I also went through them when I got hte package) and they looked quite helpful...is it ok if I pm you with my e-mail for the tutorial files? I still have to check out www.flashkit.com

:bounce:

Yes, you can PM me.

If you are talking about the spinning thing, it's not exactly a tutorial. It's just a working example of the above result (except it will keep changing colors when I fix it). I can talk you through doing the same thing on your own and use the .fla you will download as a reference point.

Also:
Flash MX= Flash 6
Flash 5 = Flash 5

They are not the same thing, but I can give you the address to download it and see if it loads it as an MX file. MX is a MUCH improved product.

JC

Originally posted by ohanafamily
I will check tonight...

Thanks for all of the help...

Don't do it!!! ;);)

JC is a Flash peddler... Your first one is free then he gets you hooked and it becomes a habit....Before long you're making Flash Christmas cards, and sending Flash Birthday greetings.

Gulp, I'd bet he's even used Flash presentations at picnics!

Get out now before it's too late! You're doomed!

:crazy:

<OBJECT><EMBED src="http://www.bachosaurus.com/Flash/Mickey1.swf" loop=true quality=medium bgcolor=#F1F1F1 WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="200" NAME="rainbow" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED></OBJECT>

Mr. J. Cricket, I had flash5...I thought it was MX...Updated to the newest version (flashMX Professional 2004), but now I can't have it on my laptop and my desktop...too expensive for both places..

I downloaded a few extensions, stole your embed command, and managed a simple wave...

Where is the Rainbow effect???

BTW, jfulcer YOU ARE SO CORRECT!!!!!

;)

Ok, how do you tell it Transparent Background?
Where is the Rainbow Effect?
I tried resizing the document and it still saved it as the same dimensions.

ARGH!!!

JC is only here M-F. I'd help you , but all I know is Paint Shop Pro, and I don't know much about that. ;)

Thanks Lisa, I'm just trying to figure out this flash stuff, I think jfulcer is right though...

Upgrade flash to latest version $299
Set of manuals to be shipped later $60
Backup CD $15
Look on DW's face when she sees the bill....Priceless

Thanks again...JC sent me to a site where there are flash experts, but the site is being redone over the holidays.....

Yikes!!!!!

(Hey, but at least I am not loading huge VB scripts into the Dis!!!!!

Ok, how do you tell it Transparent Background?

You can't, I told you I cheated :)

Where is the Rainbow Effect?

There are two different ways to d a rainbow effect, one uses a mask and a rainbow image sliding in the background of the scene. The other method (the one I used) requires a movie clip with motion tweens to change the colors.

The difference is how the rainbow looks and how big the file ends up.

I guess I can show you both, but they are both just as easy to do.

I tried resizing the document and it still saved it as the same dimensions.

Since it can be sized on the fly, you can change the size in the embed code. It should save the doc. size to the publishing settings by default. If you changes the doc. default settings and you are still seeing the wrong size, it has to be something do do with your publishing method and how you are viewing the test file (.swf)

Once you get the hang of it, it gets really easy really quick.

JC

Thanks Mr. Cricket, emailed you last week, I would really like to see how you did the Rainbow...I understand how busy the holidays are, I will be very patient.....

BTW, Here is another one for you... how did tixx do this?
wdw.jpg

It's a jpg that pulls your user information.....very scary...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter