Scuba Diving Excursion on Castaway Cay??

tezb

There is a special place in heaven for the mother
We just got the brochure for excursions on the Western. I noticed a new excursion mentioned for Castaway Cay. They didn't say much more about it (just that the cost is 95.00)but my husband wants more info since Castaway is not that big for Scuba. Any recent cruisers notice this going on while on Castaway? Looking for a Scuba place where you don't have to be certified....he's done it once before in Hawaii.

We signed up for the Castaway Cay Scuba trip on our 5/10 Western. I had heard from only one other person who had done it (it appears to be new) and they said it was great.

However, the trip was cancelled the night before we got to Castaway Cay because only 6 people signed up and they needed 12. We didn't dive at any other location because we expected to dive at Castaway Cay. So the cancellation was disappointing. (I understand the need to set the 12 person minimum and Disney was very nice about the cancellation, but it was still disappointing.)

You do have to be certified to Scuba dive at Castaway Cay. As far as I know, they do not offer a non-certified dive. They asked for our Naui certification numbers.

Hopefully the Scuba dive at Castaway Cay will become more popular as time goes on.

Ken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter