SDD & RoR questions… critique my park plan days!

cmfitz14

Mouseketeer
Hello! I’m Trying to come up with a game plan for our August trip. I’ve already made park reservations, but I’m starting to think that I may need to adjust them. We will have 6 days in the parks with hopper passes. We are staying at Beach Club. We really enjoy doing dinners at Epcot, so you’ll see multiple evenings spent there. We are also hoping to get tickets to go to MNSSHP for the first night (it’s the only night that works with our trip). I’m looking for advice regarding what time slots people get (if even possible!) when they log on at 7am to try to get ILL$ for RoR and LL for SDD.
Here’s our current park plan:
8/10 - Arrival day; visit just Epcot (I don’t want to overplan, in case of flights get backed up!)
8/11 - MK in morning, Epcot at night
8/12 - HS in morning, MNSSHP in evening
8/13 - Start the day at the pool, then AK midday into evening
8/14 - HS in morning and night (possibly hop to another park)
8/15 - AK in morning, Epcot at night

I’m thinking I need to switch 8/12 morning to AK and make 8/13 HS. My concern is that on 8/12, we’ll get either SDD (LL) or RoR (ILL), but for later times which will conflict with MNSSHP.
What are everyone’s thoughts? I know we also have a HS day on 8/14, but I’m hopeful we can attempt to get at least one of SDD or RoR on the first day we do HS.

Thanks so much!

I agree with your thinking. SDD and RoR may conflict with MNSSHP on 8/12.

If you switch HS to 8/13, you can stack 2-3 late LLs while lounging around the pool. Could enter HS mid-afternoon with RoR ILL and with 3 LLs all set up for you.

@g-dad66 plan is what we did - also nice not to rush the day after a party.
Just adding (in case you weren’t aware) that Disney releases a new “drop” of time slots after the 7am rush. If you don’t switch days and need a morning time you are more likely to get one then (vs 7am). The release is currently around 7:10/12 but you can play around with the app before your trip to confirm timing.
Worth checking out this thread as well:
The pinned thread “ Everything Genie, Genie+, and Individual Lightning Lane” has a lot of excellent general information about how this system works and offers some general strategies for using it. That should be the starting point for anyone trying to get a handle on how to use this system given their general approach to touring the parks.

The long thread about Genie Usage, Tips, and Strategy frequently draws questions about getting LL reservations for Slinky and ROTR, mainly because LL reservations for these attractions "sell out" faster than any others at WDW. So, I thought it might be helpful to have a thread just devoted to those attractions so that the information doesn’t get buried among other subjects.

I see this as a place for posters to relay their specific experiences with these two attractions to help others with similar styles develop an approach that works for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter