SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Month from my trip.... Have my regular FPs all done. I have an extra set of unlinked magic bands (5 bands). I have a phantom account, to which I'll link the extra magic bands.
So here is my question --- To get SDFP, do I need to bring the whole party's bands to the kiosk, and scan all 5? Or can I get FPs for the whole party, at the kiosk, by just scanning 1 band from the phantom account?

The only time you might see the whole party after scanning one band is when the band originated with a resort reservation - in which case you may see everyone on the reservation after tapping one band.

Can I use a 1-day MK ticket to make GLFPs at one of the other three parks?

Since it's an MK specific ticket, you may not (probably won't) be able to use it to make GLFP at another park. Try it and see. Let us know what happens!

I have read and reread the first page. The information is so good. Thank you for all of the work you put into that.

My trip is in sept. I booked a package, but have 8 day tickets in my MDE all assigned to the same people that have the package deal. Can i edit 4 of the tickets. Say me for example: go in edit my name to Minnie, resign 1 of the 4 tickets to minnie from me, and do the same for the other 3 making up names, then buy 4 magic bands link them to the 4 bogus names and use them for getting fp. Then go back in and change my name back to original for my ressie in sept. Will this work?? ( After vacation i could go back in and put the 4 made up names back to original) Hope i explained that right.

Thanks for any help!!

That should work, but you don't need to change the names on the real profiles. Set up four phantoms. Reassign the 8-day tickets to the phantoms. Do you have vouchers or comp tickets or the actual tickets for the 8-day tickets? If you have the tickets (not vouchers) - which will have the tiny circled Mickey head on the back (or the new emitting card icon on the back), then you can use those cards to access the GLFP you make for the phantoms. Which means you don't need to buy magic bands for the phantoms. After the vacation, you can reassign the 8-day tickets back to your real profiles. Does that make sense?

You must scan all 5, at least to make the SDFP's initially. After that, if you go back to make changes or to add a 4th FPP, they should all appear when you just scan one.

Thank you.....
Scan all 5, each day? Or after scanning all 5 on the first day, will they be "linked" on future days?

You'll have to scan all 5 each day because they weren't linked on a reservation.

So if you have to scan each band seperately each day, are you able to make SDFP's for all 5 at the same time for the same ride? Or do you have to do each MB individually 5 times and hope you can get all 5 on the ride at the same time?

So if you have to scan each band seperately each day, are you able to make SDFP's for all 5 at the same time for the same ride? Or do you have to do each MB individually 5 times and hope you can get all 5 on the ride at the same time?

You tap one, then the screen will prompt you to add another band - which you'll do until you have all 5, then choose SDFP for the whole group. Marcie has posted photos of the kiosk screens - I think they're on the first page of the thread.

When reassigning for tickets to create GLFP has anybody encountered errors with the ticket being "lost" or unusable? I started to move mine around to play with becoming familiar with the process but though the ticket does say it is linked to "Melissa" when I go to to make Melissa's FP+ it tells me she has no ticket linked. Then if I try to reassign that ticket back to myself it says something to the effect "we detect you are having trouble confirming ticket please call" HOWEVER I can reassign it back to another profile, then back to myself. So I am not really worried it gets lost but something happened. Then I reassigned to Melissa and try FP+ and still get the message she has no linked ticket. I made sure she is an adult as it is an adult ticket. Any thoughts???

Try it and see. Let us know what happens!

I just realized that because I have the ticket now, I can try it now. It doesn't work! I can not use a regular 1-day Magic Kingdom ticket to make a GLFP at the other three parks.

When reassigning for tickets to create GLFP has anybody encountered errors with the ticket being "lost" or unusable? I started to move mine around to play with becoming familiar with the process but though the ticket does say it is linked to "Melissa" when I go to to make Melissa's FP+ it tells me she has no ticket linked. Then if I try to reassign that ticket back to myself it says something to the effect "we detect you are having trouble confirming ticket please call" HOWEVER I can reassign it back to another profile, then back to myself. So I am not really worried it gets lost but something happened. Then I reassigned to Melissa and try FP+ and still get the message she has no linked ticket. I made sure she is an adult as it is an adult ticket. Any thoughts???

Sounds like a glitch.

Does the system allow you to prebook FP when the ticket is assigned to your own profile?

If you were on property, you could stop by a guest services location and ask them to swipe the card to confirm entitlements. That would reset the profile so you could book FP for Melissa - yet still reassign the ticket later. But you're probably not on property. You could try reassigning to Melissa, then wait until tomorrow for system updates to occur overnight, then attempt to book FP for her.

Marcie has done a lot of reassigning - maybe she has run into this?

Sounds like a glitch.

Does the system allow you to prebook FP when the ticket is assigned to your own profile?

If you were on property, you could stop by a guest services location and ask them to swipe the card to confirm entitlements. That would reset the profile so you could book FP for Melissa - yet still reassign the ticket later. But you're probably not on property. You could try reassigning to Melissa, then wait until tomorrow for system updates to occur overnight, then attempt to book FP for her.

Marcie has done a lot of reassigning - maybe she has run into this?

I think it is just a glitch with Melissa. I have reassigned and made FP+ with myself and three other friends. Really no problem in the end. I can just create another friend. But I can't see why it reacts differently to her than anyone else. ETA I created all my friends on the same day have them set as adults without known birthdate.

Last edited:

I have read and reread the first page. The information is so good. Thank you for all of the work you put into that.

My trip is in sept. I booked a package, but have 8 day tickets in my MDE all assigned to the same people that have the package deal. Can i edit 4 of the tickets. Say me for example: go in edit my name to Minnie, resign 1 of the 4 tickets to minnie from me, and do the same for the other 3 making up names, then buy 4 magic bands link them to the 4 bogus names and use them for getting fp. Then go back in and change my name back to original for my ressie in sept. Will this work?? ( After vacation i could go back in and put the 4 made up names back to original) Hope i explained that right.

Thanks for any help!!
That should work, but you don't need to change the names on the real profiles. Set up four phantoms. Reassign the 8-day tickets to the phantoms. Do you have vouchers or comp tickets or the actual tickets for the 8-day tickets? If you have the tickets (not vouchers) - which will have the tiny circled Mickey head on the back (or the new emitting card icon on the back), then you can use those cards to access the GLFP you make for the phantoms. Which means you don't need to buy magic bands for the phantoms. After the vacation, you can reassign the 8-day tickets back to your real profiles. Does that make sense?

ScrapYap

I don't have the actual tickets, they are just in my MDE. I went in and resigned them and used our middle names on them. If I link them to a new magic band, will i be able to unlink them after the trip. How does that work?

So let me make sure I've understood well.

My partner and I are travelling from the UK in September and are staying offsite. We each have MDE accounts to which we've linked our two week Disney tickets which were purchased by way of a third party. We have magic bands that are linked to our accounts that way.

Now, if we want to acquire additional fastpasses, we obviously need additional magic bands. Could we purchase extra bands online/in the park, link them to different MDE accounts that aren't associated with our tickets, and then head to a kiosk and use them to book extra fastpasses on the same day? Have I understood correctly?

I don't have the actual tickets, they are just in my MDE. I went in and resigned them and used our middle names on them. If I link them to a new magic band, will i be able to unlink them after the trip. How does that work?

You can "reassign" the tickets from the middle name guests to the first name guests after the trip. You can't "unlink" the magic bands from the phantom guests with the middle names. After you reassign the tickets back to your primary profiles, after the trip, the tickets won't be "on" the phantom magic bands anymore - they'll be "on" your magic bands. (The tickets are not really "on" magic bands - they're "in" the MDE profiles that the magic bands are doorways to.)

My partner and I are travelling from the UK in September and are staying offsite. We each have MDE accounts to which we've linked our two week Disney tickets which were purchased by way of a third party. We have magic bands that are linked to our accounts that way.

Now, if we want to acquire additional fastpasses, we obviously need additional magic bands. Could we purchase extra bands online/in the park, link them to different MDE accounts that aren't associated with our tickets, and then head to a kiosk and use them to book extra fastpasses on the same day? Have I understood correctly?

You don't have to set up a different MDE account. It's easier to set up phantom profiles (using your middle names or favorite Disney characters) on your current MDE. Presumably your two MDE accounts are already linked as friends/family. You could each set up one phantom, or one of you could set up two phantoms. Link the extra bands to the phantoms and you can book SDFP at the kiosks.

You don't have to set up a different MDE account. It's easier to set up phantom profiles (using your middle names or favorite Disney characters) on your current MDE. Presumably your two MDE accounts are already linked as friends/family. You could each set up one phantom, or one of you could set up two phantoms. Link the extra bands to the phantoms and you can book SDFP at the kiosks.

Thanks for this! Just wondering, what is actually meant by setting up a phantom profile? Is there anywhere I can check to see that step by step? The OP was right to call itself quite mentally taxing and I'm a little bit computer illiterate!

Also (one last question I hope before I stop being annoying) can I buy the additional bands online or must I buy them in the park?

Thanks for this! Just wondering, what is actually meant by setting up a phantom profile? Is there anywhere I can check to see that step by step? The OP was right to call itself quite mentally taxing and I'm a little bit computer illiterate! Also (one last question I hope before I stop being annoying) can I buy the additional bands online or must I buy them in the park?

This is from the first page. You might want to reread the whole thing, skipping over the GLFP section. If you're going to use SDFP, you should understand how they work. And there are some useful cautions.

Can I buy the extra bands for SDFP at disneystore.com before my trip?
Yes. Note that magic bands can't be returned. Also note that in the future, the disneystore.com site may be upgraded so that you have the option to link a band at the time of purchase. Be careful not to inadvertently link a purchased band to your primary profile - or it will just become a clone along with your other bands.

Do I have to set up a new MDE for my SDFP bands?
No. It's easier to use your current MDE.

Whom do I link the SDFP bands to on my MDE?
Set up alter ego or "phantom" guests on your MDE, to whom you'll assign the new bands.

How do I set up phantom profiles on my MDE?
Sign into your MDE and go to the My Family and Friends page. Click on "Add a Guest." On the next page, toggle "By entering his or her name." Choose the alter ego name and for the age, just say 16 or 17. You'll be managing their profile, obviously.

Don't give your phantoms the same names as the real guests because the profiles could end up being merged by a cast member who is trying to be helpful at resort check in or guest services. You could use the middle name of each guest. Or you could just call them Ariel, Eric, and Triton. Or Luke, Leia, Han (RIP), and Rey. (No band for Kylo until he redeems himself. And yes, he will.) Set up the phantom guest names before you leave home, so the MDE will be all ready and waiting for the new bands to be linked. If you buy the bands online before you go, you can get them linked ahead of time.

How Do I Link My Purchased Bands?
After purchase, go to the Disney World website (or possibly also the Disney World app) on your mobile device. Sign into your MDE and use the little codes printed on the inside of the purchased bands to link them to the phantoms. Once the new bands have been linked to your MDE, they can immediately be used at a park kiosk for SDFP.

Hey UK - here's another thought. Do you and your partner already have the tickets linked to your MDEs? If not, you could link the tickets to each of your phantoms (one phantom on each MDE). Then you can reassign the ticket entitlement to yourselves. The cards that the tickets "arrived" on will stick forever on the phantoms -- allowing you to use those cards for FP entrance. Meanwhile, the reassigned ticket entitlements would be linked to your real profiles and you would use the magic bands for park entrance. This only works if you have plastic ticket cards, which it sounds as though you do.

However, if the tickets are already linked to the real profiles, it's too late for that strategy. You'll have to buy the magic bands.

Have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter