SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ScrapYap, @hiroMYhero, @marciemi and all the others that have posted info here, thank you! I have learned so much from the posts of the 3 of you especially.

I had an issue last year where a helpful Guest Service CM linked my and my husband's accounts which did away with SDFP etc. since everything was cloned at that point. Since then and because we had so many "friends" from previous trips linked through email invites, I use this account for SDFP only and have a new account for current reservations. I have unused tickets linked to the original account, but any discussion of that is a violation of the new TOS I believe.

Anyway, my question is, I have new magic bands coming. To avoid issues and confusion should I deactivate current active MB and cards? I remember in the beginning the system had a problem if you had too many devices set to active.

Thank you!
You won't need to deactivate MBs or Cards from your old account.

Your new MBs will only provide the link to your new MDE and its linked data.

You may want to mark/code the old MBs to easily identify them when in the park.

Thank you! Learned a few things over the course of FP+ now FP: color codes are your friend; too many friends are not a good thing in all scenarios; helpful CMs are not always a good thing ;)

I like to re-read the first post just for the way it is written - makes me chuckle every time. The author writes very well! And the 3 things mentioned are only a handful of the things I've learned LOL.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Either way will work, and both ways have the disadvantages I mentioned. I like to keep all entitlements on my primary MDE - but other people may prefer not to see the longer list of guests (when phantoms are together with the real profiles).
I had deleted my phantoms from my real profile but I could add back if necessary. At the moment I am planning on second MDE but based on my question below I could really go either way.

ScrapYap - I have a follow up question on your comment about pre-booking the FP for anytime of the day. I already have 3 booked as part of my 7 day PH tickets. I was wanting to also make 3 FP+ using the MVMCP tickets. I thought that is why I would need to have the XMas tickets on a separate MDE with separate MBs because I thought if the tickets were part of my original MDE/MBs then I would not be eligible for the Xmas party ticket FP+s. I thought they would either need to be hard tickets not associated with my MDE (which I meant to get but forgot) or part of a different set of MBs. And if I understand that correctly the MBs would have to be on a different MDE because if they were on the same MDE (even under phantom family) they would be clones of my original MBs.

Thank you for your help with this complicated scenario.

I had deleted my phantoms from my real profile but I could add back if necessary. At the moment I am planning on second MDE but based on my question below I could really go either way.

ScrapYap - I have a follow up question on your comment about pre-booking the FP for anytime of the day. I already have 3 booked as part of my 7 day PH tickets. I was wanting to also make 3 FP+ using the MVMCP tickets. I thought that is why I would need to have the XMas tickets on a separate MDE with separate MBs because I thought if the tickets were part of my original MDE/MBs then I would not be eligible for the Xmas party ticket FP+s. I thought they would either need to be hard tickets not associated with my MDE (which I meant to get but forgot) or part of a different set of MBs. And if I understand that correctly the MBs would have to be on a different MDE because if they were on the same MDE (even under phantom family) they would be clones of my original MBs.

Thank you for your help with this complicated scenario.

The new MBs won't become clones if you link them to new phantom profiles. They would only become clones if you linked them to the profiles of the real people.

You need to have the party tickets on separate profiles, but they don't *have* to be on a separate MDE. You could assign the party tickets to phantoms that appear along with all the real profiles on your primary MDE.

As you say, if the party tickets were assigned to the profiles with the PH tickets, you couldn't get a second set of FP. So you'll assign new MBs to the phantoms, wherever you decide to add them (primary MDE or new MDE), then will enter the party with those MBs - and will use those MBs to enter the 3 FP attractions that you prebooked for them.

Again, the MDE doesn't matter - the separate profiles on the MDE do matter. It would be worth taking the time to reread through the first post of this thread, as it's all laid out there in a lot of detail. :) The concept is complicated - you're almost there!

Ok I re-read the first post and I think I have it down now (and BTW huge Kudos for making such a long complicated technical discussion so entertaining and enjoyable to read. Not an easy feat!).

Last question is about having the 2 sets of pre-booked FPs (one on PH tickets and one on Party tickets). In your original post it sounds like you can do this. Reading your last comment above about entering the park with the MBs that have the pre-booked FPs made me wonder if you have to leave the park after using the PH FPs and then re-enter with the party ticket MB's in order to use those FPs or is it good enough to just have both (or the fact that you use the party ticket MBs to get the wristband from inside the park). Obviously this is for planning to be at MK earlier than 4pm using my PH ticket as opposed to using PH FPs at a different park and then entering MK at 4pm with party ticket which I see would work fine.

You don't have to exit the park, but you'll have to present the band with the party ticket in order to get your wristband for the party - which causes that party ticket to have been used for admission.

The time of day for any of the FP doesn't matter. Using both tickets is what keeps it all in line with the TOS.

Awesome. Thanks for all you do with this. If you had to choose it sounds like your preference is phantoms on original MDE as opposed to 2 MDE's (knowing that is a personal preference and each has it's own advantage/disadvantage?

Hey gang- here's another of my never ending questions

Family of 5 all set on original MDE account.

Phantom MDE account set up for purposes of obtaining XMas party tickets. Different email, different names, not linked to original MDE account.

On our day for the Xmas party, we arrive at 2PM, using a regular park admission day on our ticket. Fast passes have already been requested against the original MDE account.

Booked 3 additional FP using the Xmas party ticket, starting after 4PM.

My question, can I use the Xmas party ticket to request additional SDFP in the park on the day of the party, outside of the original 3 rides that I booked inside the 30 day window? I know that I will be able to use the Xmas party tickets for SDFP on other days since the tickets are assigned to different names, emails and MDE account, but I was wondering if when I arrive early in the afternoon I can somehow get another 3 SDFP through the kiosk.

Sorry if my question doesn't make much sense, but thanks for your feedback!

Hey gang- here's another of my never ending questions

Family of 5 all set on original MDE account.

Phantom MDE account set up for purposes of obtaining XMas party tickets. Different email, different names, not linked to original MDE account.

On our day for the Xmas party, we arrive at 2PM, using a regular park admission day on our ticket. Fast passes have already been requested against the original MDE account.

Booked 3 additional FP using the Xmas party ticket, starting after 4PM.

My question, can I use the Xmas party ticket to request additional SDFP in the park on the day of the party, outside of the original 3 rides that I booked inside the 30 day window? I know that I will be able to use the Xmas party tickets for SDFP on other days since the tickets are assigned to different names, emails and MDE account, but I was wondering if when I arrive early in the afternoon I can somehow get another 3 SDFP through the kiosk.

Sorry if my question doesn't make much sense, but thanks for your feedback!

How can you get SDFP when you already have 3 FP's pre-booked with that party ticket? The maximum FP's you can have associated with any profile is 3...

How can you get SDFP when you already have 3 FP's pre-booked with that party ticket? The maximum FP's you can have associated with any profile is 3...
Just wanted to make sure there was no glitch with party tickets. Thanks.

I wish there was a way to 'Hide' people from a MDE account, similar to how they do on social
There is not a way unless you have a pre-RD dining reservation which "might" work in some of the parks (it does at MK with the Town Hall kiosks but reports have been mixed in other parks and other areas of MK). In general my guidance is for all parks other than Epcot, do the first ride or two at RD and then do the SDFP's at the kiosks. Or, if you're willing to skip a ride, have other family members ride while you figure out the SDFP's (this works better at say MK where you could all do 7 Dwarves and Peter Pan right at RD, then they could do something like Winnie the Pooh without you). The RD time is more important for the critical/big rides than getting a SDFP will be. My only exception would be if you're going to Soarin' at RD at Epcot to stop quickly at a kiosk on the way (since they are directly on the way) and look only quickly for a Tier 1 (since they'll certainly be gone by the time you ride). Still if I were going to Frozen, I wouldn't stop. Christmas week will be tough either way, and all the good/early rides are likely to be gone early in any case. I'd set your expectations lower that you maybe using SDFP to get late afternoon (at best) times and lower level rides, but still, having a SDFP for something like Jungle Cruise or Buzz that week will save you a lot of waiting later! I really only think it will be of great use at MK - Epcot is very unlikely to have any Tier 1's available no matter when you go that week and for the other parks you may be getting mostly show SDFP's late in the day. However, I was turned away from the Nemo show last year during Christmas week (about 10 minutes before showtime) so that week those shows will fill and the FP's will be helpful even if not needed at many times of year. Plan your main FPP's for the rides you really want and just plan to take anything you get via SDFP as a bonus!

Thanks! This is helpful. I am hoping for SDFP for MK and AK. Of course I am not planning on getting any high attractions, but things like Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, etc would be great! For AK, I am hopeful to snag a EE and Dino SDFP as soon as we walk in the gates at RD. Possible you think? Of course we will ride EE at RD, it is not awful if I don't get one.

Thank you so much for this thread!!!! I just ordered a second set of magic bands and will link them to a dummy mde! Cant wait to hit the kiosk and get some use out of a second set of fast passes! Thank you guys so much for letting me know about this!

I have read the thread and don't think it was answered, if so sorry.
I have 2 sets of bands (2 different MDE accounts) from my last trip in May 15. I will be replacing 1 set with new bands for my July 17 trip.
I understand the old set that is replaced will not work for same day FP+ because they are still hooked my account.
I believe the 2nd set will work for same day passes but my question is, how long does the battery inside the band last?
I don't want to bring and have a plan of using the 2nd set only to find out the battery is dead and they don't work.
Thanks

I have read the thread and don't think it was answered, if so sorry.
I have 2 sets of bands (2 different MDE accounts) from my last trip in May 15. I will be replacing 1 set with new bands for my July 17 trip.
I understand the old set that is replaced will not work for same day FP+ because they are still hooked my account.
I believe the 2nd set will work for same day passes but my question is, how long does the battery inside the band last?
I don't want to bring and have a plan of using the 2nd set only to find out the battery is dead and they don't work.
Thanks
As I understand it, the bands have an RFID chip that has nothing to do with the battery. This chip is what is used at tapstiles and for FP. The active part of the band that depends on battery is for proximity-based things like ride photos.

We were at Disney about 2 weeks ago and for 2 adults (presumably it shouldn't be too much different for you and your kiddo) with 3 sets of FPs (our advanced and two additional sets based on bands we got from relatives) to manage, it didn't prove to be too difficult honestly. The first day may have been a little rough since I had to get used to locating kiosks and in general, navigating the process of remembering to take pictures and which pictures corresponded to which set of bands. After the first day, and once you find a system that works for you - fortunately, the other bands we had were different colors so wasn't hard to remember which set was which, and then remembering the first picture taken is always for the "red" bands and second for the "blue" - it became a breeze and we actually manage to get Tier 1s like Soarin and Test Track more than once on a couple occasions AND after we hopped to Epcot in the afternoon (likewise with the Tier 1s at HS), but we went in with expectations in check, so it was a nice surprise. MK worked the best given the abundance of availability. Quite frankly, I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes for anything, including both FPs and standby, so it worked wonderfully.

Back to the original question, it wasn't difficult to manage more than two sets at all, again, once you find a system that works well. I actually found myself remembering my SDFPs more so than my advanced ones lol. And in the rare instances where we scanned the wrong band, CMs don't even bat an eye :)

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for this post. I am planning on utilizing SDFP using old park tickets/cards and some extra MBs. I was worried about the management of all of it. I am curious if CMs will raise an eyebrow about swiping park tickets/cards when we are wearing MBs. I am also worried about CMs trying to be "helpful" at the kiosks. You've made me feel much better about my concerns, so thanks!

Thanks so much for this post. I am planning on utilizing SDFP using old park tickets/cards and some extra MBs. I was worried about the management of all of it. I am curious if CMs will raise an eyebrow about swiping park tickets/cards when we are wearing MBs. I am also worried about CMs trying to be "helpful" at the kiosks. You've made me feel much better about my concerns, so thanks!

I'm sure people use the bands of others who may choose to 'sit out' of a ride all the time and that's probably why CMs rarely bat an eye; they will only care if you are early or late for your FP time. As far as the kiosks, I've had a few CMs were were overly helpful (they are doing their jobs), especially when you are at the kiosks early morning and they have no one else to help, but I simply told them "I'm ok" or "I'm doing this for the rest of my party at breakfast", and most generally walk away. Some will still try to help, but the minute someone else comes through to a kiosk, off they go! Quite frankly, they are more concern I think with you not tying up a kiosk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter