SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have purchased a second set of MBs that should be arriving unlinked to my primary profiles in MDE that are linked to my tickets and current 60 day FPs. I am going to go with the phantom profiles in my current MDE as opposed to a second MDE. I have 3 questions:
1. It sounds like when the new MBs for the phantoms arrive I can go into MDE online and I have the option of which profiles the bands get linked to? Is this correct? I just want to make sure I don't accidentally link it to my primary profiles.
2. The comment below from the first post about the age of the phantoms suggests under 18 because of the possibility of later adding a phantom to a room reservation. What reason might there be to have to worry about adding a phantom profile to a room reservation?
3. Can I transfer my MVMCP e-ticket entitlements from my primary profiles to my phantom profiles before the phantom MBs are linked? I read in the first post that you cannot transfer the entitlement to a phantom without a MB but I am assuming the real problem is you can't use them without a MB which I will be getting once they arrive.

I have newly purchased MagicBands (or cards) I need to link so I can use them for SDFP. How do I set up phantom profiles on my MDE?
Sign into your MDE and go to the My Family and Friends page. Click on "Add a Guest." On the next page, toggle "By entering his or her name." Type in the alter ego name and for the age, just say 16 or 17. You'll be managing their profile, obviously. (If you give the age as 18+ and later decide to add that phantom to a resort reservation, you'll have to pay extra - for someone who isn't actually even in the room.)

Thanks

I have purchased a second set of MBs that should be arriving unlinked to my primary profiles in MDE that are linked to my tickets and current 60 day FPs. I am going to go with the phantom profiles in my current MDE as opposed to a second MDE. I have 3 questions:
1. It sounds like when the new MBs for the phantoms arrive I can go into MDE online and I have the option of which profiles the bands get linked to? Is this correct? I just want to make sure I don't accidentally link it to my primary profiles.
2. The comment below from the first post about the age of the phantoms suggests under 18 because of the possibility of later adding a phantom to a room reservation. What reason might there be to have to worry about adding a phantom profile to a room reservation?
3. Can I transfer my MVMCP e-ticket entitlements from my primary profiles to my phantom profiles before the phantom MBs are linked? I read in the first post that you cannot transfer the entitlement to a phantom without a MB but I am assuming the real problem is you can't use them without a MB which I will be getting once they arrive.

I have newly purchased MagicBands (or cards) I need to link so I can use them for SDFP. How do I set up phantom profiles on my MDE?
Sign into your MDE and go to the My Family and Friends page. Click on "Add a Guest." On the next page, toggle "By entering his or her name." Type in the alter ego name and for the age, just say 16 or 17. You'll be managing their profile, obviously. (If you give the age as 18+ and later decide to add that phantom to a resort reservation, you'll have to pay extra - for someone who isn't actually even in the room.)

Thanks

Yes, you'll be given the choice of which profile you want to link each new MB to. This is usually a straightforward and problem-free process. Occasionally, the MDE can glitch - and you won't see the correct avatar. To save the trouble of having to call guest services to straight out a MB linking glitch, make sure that you've chosen an avatar for each profile. When you link, make sure the correct avatar shows up when you choose the profile you want to link to. If the right avatar isn't shown, sign out of your MDE and sign in through a different browser. If you don't see the right avatar, it could be that a linking glitch is about to occur. Once you see the right avatar, link away.

After linking, sign out and wait about 15 minutes (or possibly a much shorter interval, but better to give it a little time). Sign back in and confirm that each new MB is linked to the correct (phantom) profile on the MagicBands and Cards page. If you don't see a new band, look for it under the MBs of the primary profile of the MDE (presumably you). If it's been mistakenly assigned to you, you'll have to call guest services. This doesn't happen often, but it does happen regularly. Guest services will happily reassign the band to the right profile. They will not ask for information about your phantoms or challenge you in any way. They're there to help. I suppose if you've chosen names like Goofy, Pluto, and Daisy, they might comment on that. So if you did need help from guest services with a mis-assigned MB, first sign into your MDE and rename any quirky phantoms to more normal names. After everything is straightened out, go back and make the names as quirky as you like. Hopefully you won't need any of these more detailed instructions!

As far as question 2 goes, some people like to assign phantom profiles to their room reservations in order to obtain the resort guest advantages for phantom profiles (such as a MB and the simple 60 day booking window). You can do this if you don't already have the maximum number of guests in your room. If you list the phantom as over 18, you will have to pay an additional $25 for having another adult guest in the room. Since there will actually be no additional guest at all, it makes sense to give the phantom's age as under 18.

You can transfer entitlements to a phantom profile before the phantom has an MB or card to use the entitlement. You just can't use the entitlement without an MB or card.

Awesome. Thank you. I do have avatars and fairly normal names. I went with Middle names and same last name but I prefaced them with ZA, ZB, ZC, and ZC so they showed up at the bottom in the order I wanted. If I run into link problems I will just temporarily remove the preface.

I'm at magic kingdom right now and I bought three magic bands this morning to link to three phantom people on my Disney account. It keeps coming up that the magic bands are invalid. I've checked the IDs multiple times. Tried with and without the dashes. Any suggestions? What might I be doing wrong?

I'm at magic kingdom right now and I bought three magic bands this morning to link to three phantom people on my Disney account. It keeps coming up that the magic bands are invalid. I've checked the IDs multiple times. Tried with and without the dashes. Any suggestions? What might I be doing wrong?
Check for the -0- and the -O-. It has to be the exact number or the exact letter.

same thing happened to me. i kept trying and a few different ways and eventually it worked when you bought them, did the cm scan them for link it later?

same thing happened to me. i kept trying and a few different ways and eventually it worked when you bought them, did the cm scan them for link it later?

I told her to leave it unlinked. I would have thought that meant the same thing. Did I do it wrong?

Ok. I'll go back to the store. I was worried I shouldn't ask them to link it to the phantoms.

Ok. I'll go back to the store. I was worried I shouldn't ask them to link it to the phantoms.
Yeah, the cm kept trying to link it to my admission, took me a few minutes to convince him to link it later. He scanned them after I purchased and gave me the info to link later. Then it didnt work right away, took maybe 10 min before they would go through. I tried a few different ways, not sure which it was that worked or if it was just waiting to update. After that, worked well :)

I told her to leave it unlinked. I would have thought that meant the same thing. Did I do it wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong. The system has been glitchy about linking. It might give you an error message when it was actually successful. So if you check under MagicBands and Cards, the new bands might actually show up, even though you were just given an error message that the link failed. Or maybe the CM didn't activate them, as Hiro suggested. Hope it all worked out for you. Let us know!

I just wanted to reported that I am at the World now and that the 2nd set bands are working great. Lines are not long at all but it just feels better having them and being able to do more because of it. Its like a nice insurance policy. It is so easy to do once your stuff is linked. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread as it has helped me make my vacation a great one.

Hi there! Just back from our trip and SDFP worked like a charm! I had 9 cards that I set up phantoms for on a second MDE user account. We didn't end up needing them at MK on Thursday as crowds weren't bad but used them at Epcot to be able to ride Test Track twice and at Hollywood Studios. Super easy to find a kiosk early in the day and set up a second round of fast passes to enjoy attractions twice. We did have a few times when a cast member would call out the names associated with the phantoms so I was glad that I used middle names rather than coming up with bizarre names that would have sounded quite interesting when the cast member called them out as we entered! Thanks for all of the helpful tips!!

I just wanted to reported that I am at the World now and that the 2nd set bands are working great. Lines are not long at all but it just feels better having them and being able to do more because of it. Its like a nice insurance policy. It is so easy to do once your stuff is linked. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread as it has helped me make my vacation a great one.

Hi there! Just back from our trip and SDFP worked like a charm! I had 9 cards that I set up phantoms for on a second MDE user account. We didn't end up needing them at MK on Thursday as crowds weren't bad but used them at Epcot to be able to ride Test Track twice and at Hollywood Studios. Super easy to find a kiosk early in the day and set up a second round of fast passes to enjoy attractions twice. We did have a few times when a cast member would call out the names associated with the phantoms so I was glad that I used middle names rather than coming up with bizarre names that would have sounded quite interesting when the cast member called them out as we entered! Thanks for all of the helpful tips!!

Thanks for reporting back! I'm heading to Disney next week and hoping that our two sets of SDFP magic bands come in handy! :) Are the kiosks still being wonky? As in, when you scan one, is it showing all of your scheduled fastpasses instead? Just curious - I'm nervous about using the kiosks!

I have 4 phantoms in my primary MDE and I have linked a second set of MBs to those profiles. I transferred my E ticket MVMCP entitlements from primary to phantom. Is there a way to verify I will be able to make 30 day FPs against those tickets? And I assume it is on the 30 day mark from that Xmas party?

Because if I currently try to add FPs for those profiles I get the following message. I am hoping this is just because I have few more days to the 30 day window and want to make sure it is not due to an issue with the Xmas party tickets being associated with the phantoms.
upload_2016-11-1_11-28-30.png

I have 4 phantoms in my primary MDE and I have linked a second set of MBs to those profiles. I transferred my E ticket MVMCP entitlements from primary to phantom. Is there a way to verify I will be able to make 30 day FPs against those tickets? And I assume it is on the 30 day mark from that Xmas party?

Because if I currently try to add FPs for those profiles I get the following message. I am hoping this is just because I have few more days to the 30 day window and want to make sure it is not due to an issue with the Xmas party tickets being associated with the phantoms.
View attachment 204402

That's what most guests have been experiencing this year with Halloween and Christmas tickets. You have to wait for the 30 mark. You could use one of the booking day calculators out there just for fun.

That's what most guests have been experiencing this year with Halloween and Christmas tickets. You have to wait for the 30 mark. You could use one of the booking day calculators out there just for fun.
Thanks. I am all set with which day is 30 day. Had just tried it because I thought it might have been like the test booking you can do with regular tickets where the 30 day window showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter