SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you link old disney tickets to your MDE, I have tried buy I don't see how to add them to phantom names.... Do I clink on link?

This is what I found out about my brother and sister in laws. So, not sure if they will work or not. When they went I set them up a MDE account of their own. When I booked this account I linked their reservation to my MDE account but not theirs. (I did all the planning). I went back and looked at their account and the old bands are listed there but not listed on in my MDE account. Can we use the old ones for SDFP?

This is what I found out about my brother and sister in laws. So, not sure if they will work or not. When they went I set them up a MDE account of their own. When I booked this account I linked their reservation to my MDE account but not theirs. (I did all the planning). I went back and looked at their account and the old bands are listed there but not listed on in my MDE account. Can we use the old ones for SDFP?

If you linked their reservation to your MDE, then they have profiles on your MDE. Under those profiles, on your MDE, their bands don't appear?

You won't know for sure what the situation is until you tap their bands at a kiosk.

I talked to Disney IT. He said he's never seen this happen before. For some reason our magic bands did not show up on my MDE account. I guess it had something to do with a transactional account and that is used only for a credit card transaction. That is where the magic bands were showing up. And when I was logging in with my email it was going to my reservation account which didn't show the bands. So they ended up attaching the bands back in as active to my account.
Sooooo, now I'm going to go with option two, ask a friend to borrow their active bands to use at the kiosk in the park. I hope this helps someone else that might be going to the same issue, even though he said he never seen it before. Strange.
I have the same problem. They are not showing up from 2014 do you think I can use them since they aren't showing up? What would have happened if he didn't activate them in your MDE? I don't want to buy another 5 MB's if I don't have to.

He said that they were linked to my account even though I couldn't see them. So if you take those bands they won't work for getting SDFP. Sorry, I know, we have to buy them too.

I have the same problem. They are not showing up from 2014 do you think I can use them since they aren't showing up? What would have happened if he didn't activate them in your MDE? I don't want to buy another 5 MB's if I don't have to.

You may have used another email address to set up an MDE in 2014. You could wait and test them at a kiosk to see if they'll work for SDFP. There's a good chance they will.

You could also call Disney and read them the codes to ask if they can tell you what email address/MDE they are affiliated with - but this might result in the bands being linked to your new MDE (and therefore cloned), so waiting would be better. If the bands are in fact already clones, you can buy new bands on the spot.

scrapyap, you're amazing!!! :worship:

Our magic bands from our last trip in August 2013 are also not showing up on MDE. So when I get my MB for this trip, i will check the numbers and if they are different, then no need to create "phantom" names. I am assuming they will be different numbers since the old bands don't appear on MDE................I am blown away by this! Wait til I tell my kids about this!

The new MBs will definitely have different numbers. Every MB number is unique, even if they end up functioning as clones.

You can't link the old bands to phantoms because they are already linked to the 2013 guests.

It's possible that the old bands are clones of the new bands, despite the fact that you don't see the old bands on your MDE. It's more likely the old bands are from a different MDE that you set up in 2013 with a different email address. If that's the case, they'll work for SDFP.

You won't know for sure until you tap them at a kiosk.

You may have used another email address to set up an MDE in 2014. You could wait and test them at a kiosk to see if they'll work for SDFP. There's a good chance they will.

You could also call Disney and read them the codes to ask if they can tell you what email address/MDE they are affiliated with - but this might result in the bands being linked to your new MDE (and therefore cloned), so waiting would be better. If the bands are in fact already clones, you can buy new bands on the spot.
If I buy new ones at the park/resort will they give me a hassle about linking them right then and there?

If you linked their reservation to your MDE, then they have profiles on your MDE. Under those profiles, on your MDE, their bands don't appear?

You won't know for sure what the situation is until you tap their bands at a kiosk.

The only bands that appear are the ones for this trip. When we tap the old ones at the kiosk and they are linked will it mess up the fastpass+ that we already have?

The only bands that appear are the ones for this trip. When we tap the old ones at the kiosk and they are linked will it mess up the fastpass+ that we already have?

It would be best for your sake if you reviewed the first post - particularly the Treasure Room paragraph.

Ok i have a 1 night room only at FW camp with 4 magic bands for my phantom family for SDFP. Do i need the app set up on a different phone or is everything done at the kiosk in the parks?

It would be best for your sake if you reviewed the first post - particularly the Treasure Room paragraph.
Thanks, We have 4 that we can use but there's 6 of us so I need to find 2 more. :) Was hoping that would work but understand it now. Thanks again.

No reason not to try linking them to phantoms.

Hi, I took your advice and created a phantom and tried to add the cards and they said invalid so you were correct :) but now I have a new problem, the 4 used magic bands I ordered on ebay came in the mail, I thought they would be safe since they were 4 different colors but I see now that 3 of them have the name linda inside and the 4th a different name...so i'm thinking I only have 2 separate magic bands that are not clones and will need to purchase 2 more used magic bands to use for our family of 4. I should have asked the seller prior to purchasing I thought it was safe with them being different colors, my bad :(

Last edited:
Hi, I took your advice and created a phantom and tried to add the cards and they said invalid so you were correct :) but now I have a new problem, the 4 used magic bands I ordered on ebay came in the mail, I thought they would be safe since they were 4 different colors but I see now that 3 of them have the name linda inside and the 4th a different name...so i'm thinking I only have 2 separate magic bands that are not clones and will need to purchase 2 more used magic bands to use for our family of 4. I should have asked the seller prior to purchasing I thought it was safe with them being different colors, my bad :(

You could still shoot the seller a question to confirm. She might have had more than one MDE. And you could set up auctions to sell the extras when you get home.

Ok i have a 1 night room only at FW camp with 4 magic bands for my phantom family for SDFP. Do i need the app set up on a different phone or is everything done at the kiosk in the parks?
i went back and reread 3 times. NM i need pencil and paper to keep track. Excellent thread Thanks Scrapyap

Feel free to ignore/delete if this is a stupid question, but I promise I read the entirety of the first post, twice:

We have a package. We'll be bringing an infant. I am under the impression said infant will receive a free MB because he's on the package, even though he doesn't have a ticket. Post #1 said that a ticket-less baby's MB could be used for SDFP, but also said that you can't add phantoms to a package.

My question is twofold:

If I acquire a second MB so that hubby and I can use it and Baby's MB as SDFP bands, I would HAVE to put that otherwise-acquired MB on its own, separate, phantom MDE, correct? I can't put it on my real one because we're on a package? (Unless I made the real one a baby, too, who doesn't need a ticket? But wouldn't I get major side-eye at check-in or whatever when we only have one actual baby and not two?)

Secondly- and this is mostly a question about how child-swap works (or whatever it is they call it) but sorta applies here- we have grandparents coming whose primary duties will include "Hold the baby while Mommy and Daddy ride Space Mountain" because we prefer to ride things together and not as solo riders. If we choose to child-swap (ride swap?) instead, how many FP's do you have to have for 2 parents + 1 child? Would both of us have to have a FP in order to enter the FP line, one person waits with Baby and then swaps with the other? Or can you enter that line on a single FP? (If that's the case, maybe we can get away with only using the one MB without having to acquire another...)

Hi Everyone, ive been lurking for after finding the thread and got hooked instantly.

we leave Friday and ive create my dummy MDE account and plan to buy 3 new additional bands from Disney when we arrive (they dont ship to Canada). in my dummy MDE ive created 2 additional family members. my question is as follows,

i know how to add my SDFP to my dummy MDE but how do i add it for them? since i havent gone through the process, i dont know if i can add more than 1 and then assign them... i didnt find the process covered on page 1 and while there are step by steps on post #3 its for adding FP+ from the kiosk not linking the additional bands (linking to the MDE head looks simple enough, my question are on bands 2 and 3).

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter