SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@otterpop that's awesome! I have been trying to figure out how best to do the transfer technique. I have our main profiles tied to my main MDE. Then I have a separate MDE with our alternate profiles - these have non-expiring tickets attached.

Looks like I can no longer use alternate profile FPs without also using the attached tickets to enter the parks.

So my thoughts are:
1. Link alternate and main profiles together as Family &Friends (to get the 60day onsite advantage)

2. At 60 days put, make FPs for main profiles for the morning and FPs for alternate profiles in the afternoon.

3. After main profiles have used (one or more of) their FPs, transfer alternate profile FPs over to the main profiles.

Have I got it right?

That's right - though @anomamatt might be on to something more efficient - though more time consuming. I think he plans to use more than one FP an hour by arriving with no FP on his primary profiles - he'll only transfer over from donors immediately after using a FP. I've not experimented with this. @anomamatt what is your experience?

They don't need to keep the transfer function though? I imagine it is something that could easily be deleted.

I think it would upset guests if they deleted it. People who booked FEA at 60 days will want the option of transferring the FP if the traveling family members change at 20 days out or whatever.

Just want to comment on the past 48 hours of this thread. I love the path it has taken! When the news broke I anticipated this thread would die a slow death. Instead, everyone got right to work sharing expertise and experiences in an effort figure the best path forward. I'm reminded of that famous Churchill speech from 1940. We shall never surrender! (Ok, maybe that's a bit much.)

I think it would upset guests if they deleted it. People who booked FEA at 60 days will want the option of transferring the FP if the traveling family members change at 20 days out or whatever.

Interesting. I never even heard of the transfer function until yesterday but I admit I haven't been keeping up :)

Just a few observations regarding ScrapYap's "umbrella thing" analogy and the FP "Change Party" (transfer) option...since there has been previous recent discussion of this I think it's okay to share my observations, but if they violate any DIS or Disney rules, please delete (and Sorry in advance)!

Earlier this morning I made my 60-day FP's for my family of 4; 3 each, each day. In MDE, in addition to my 4 main profiles, I also have 2 sets of 4 phantoms (they each have their own used magic band or card associated with them and are not clones). We also have multiple sets of unused tickets (...don't ask!).

Once I made my main profile FP's, I then went back and for each FP added a set of phantoms, such that I now had a group of 8 profiles all with the same FP's. I then used the "Modify" option to change the phantoms FP's and times such that my set of 3 main profile FP's would be in the morning/early afternoon and my set of 3 phantom FP's would follow, being scheduled for the late afternoon/evening.

The plan is simply the following: when we have used up our original set of 3 FP's on the main

So the big discovery was that although the phantoms need to have tickets assigned to them to get FP's, they don't need to have tickets assigned to them to transfer their FP's!

I'm guessing that this is potentially how the kiosks will determine to allow if an FP or SDFP can be given is based on wether it has an active ticket assigned to it or not.

I have yet to do/try this, but to potentially expand upon this, is that I could then use my second set of phantoms to make another set of FP's, which then could be used as #7, #8 and #9! In addition, my understating of the #4+ FP's (please correct me if I am wrong since I have never used a #4 FP) is that as soon as I use #3, I can then transfer over #4, use that, then immediately transfer over #5, and so on; you don't have to wait until the FP hour window is done, before you transfer over the next FP. So in theory, you are not limited to 1 FP per hour (except for the original 3); you could use up FP's #4-#9, 2 per hour if you set their reservation times just right...you could literally do a Tier 1 ride 4 times in a row...again this scenario is all under the assumption that you have 3 separate sets of "active" tickets, which only a few idiots like myself would have!

In addition, all of the above is also under the hope that no future changes happen to the "Change Party" option in MDE.

All of the above is a first-time for me, so if any of the pros have any corrections or comments, please let me know and I will revise!

Evan
We called those NBFP (Night Before FastPass). A large section of the first post regarding GLFP and NBFP was removed.

Additional Creative Reassigning - Vanishing NBFP
NBFP are Night Before FP. Here's how to get them:

Many tickets can be reassigned. (Obviously not annual passes.) Let's say you have one day left on a non-expiring hopper. You can use that ticket to prebook FP for one day for one guest in your group. You can then reassign the same ticket to another person on your MDE and also book for that person. And a third time, a fourth, etc. etc. The catch is that the FP will disappear (and the glass carriage will turn back into a pumpkin) about 36 hours after the ticket has been removed from an individual's profile. So you can do this the night before your park visit, but not much sooner than that (regardless of resort windows). Each set of NBFP has to be booked separately, of course. So the use is limited and time intensive. You also have to reassign to guests who have MBs to use for accessing the NBFP from the reassigned ticket (since there is obviously only one physical ticket generating all these NBFP). And naturally those guests can't already have a set of prebooked FP associated with their MBs. So you need "blank slate" rogue MBs with no tickets -- the same sort of MBs you need for SDFP. NBFP is SDFP's cousin from the dark side.

Note that if you have an MK only ticket, you can only prebook MK FP when reassigning. It's not going to work for other parks.

Since NBFP can be modified on the MDE (unlike SDFP), they are potentially ideal for transferring. And some people might use one ticket to create FP for a group of six - then transfer them. Generally they only last 36 hours - though last year people reported longer life spans. So you would set it all up the night before to make the transfer work the next day.
I have used this method many times and it works perfectly...about 36 hours is about right. But I would use a separate(not linked) MDE with one tkt attached, select fp's for that one person, then transfer tkt and do it all over again for each person in the 2nd MDE. With the possible changes beginning June 6th this will no longer work out unless I link the two MDE's?

My thought is that I'll use my phantom profiles (all have linked tickets) and leave our main profiles without pre-booked FPs. Then one at a time I'll transfer the next FP to the main account.

But this will be a mess for tiered parks...

Ugh, I already miss the days of old.

I think this is a brilliant way to still use my phantom accounts.
I have 2 phantom accounts (linked to non expiring tickets). My plan is to reserve my 3 FP's on my primary account, all for relatively early times. When done with those, then transfer FP's from my phantoms. This will theoretically allow me to use/transfer 2 FP's within the same hour, right? One FP, say at noon from phantom account 1, then another FP at 12:30 from phantom account 2. This of course assumes that I actually use a transferred FP before I transfer the next.

Last edited:
Never surrender is perfect for the last few pages....ha!. I keep imagining the IT guys slamming their heads on their keyboards in frustration as people continue to figure out how to circumnavigate the system. My guess is they will continue to change until the "abuse/overuse" is not a significant impact to matter. I am no FP+ saint and have my own methods and will be watching for updates after June 5 for my July trip. Disboards rock.

That's the part that confuses me as well. They obviously have the technology since if I go on MDE from home it won't let me book a FP without ticket media attached so not sure why they can't have the kiosks check for an active ticket/AP as well, even ignoring the whole "scanned at the gate" part.
Yet another question... my main profile MDE has a 6pm fp. When making NBFP is it a must to make all three after 6pm. Or after using one or two fp's from the main can I then move a phantom Fp over?? And does that even make sense?:guilty:

Yet another question... my main profile MDE has a 6pm fp. When making NBFP is it a must to make all three after 6pm. Or after using one or two fp's from the main can I then move a phantom Fp over?? And does that even make sense?:guilty:
You can't move a FP to your Main account until you have used your Initial 3 FPs. The first FP moved from a phantom will be FP#4 for your Main account and it would have to be a FP for after 6:00p.

You can't move a FP to your Main account until you have used your Initial 3 FPs. The first FP moved from a phantom will be FP#4 for your Main account and it would have to be a FP for after 6:00p.

I have an odd problem in that I have a Non-expiring ticket on one MDE that I made all of my Pandora FP on. I now want to buy an AP on another MDE and save the NE ticket. If I have no FP on the AP MDE, can I transfer the NE FP one by one to use them?

I have an odd problem in that I have a Non-expiring ticket on one MDE that I made all of my Pandora FP on. I now want to buy an AP on another MDE and save the NE ticket. If I have no FP on the AP MDE, can I transfer the NE FP one by one to use them?
Yes... will the names be different on the non-expiry and the new AP? You'll need to differentiate them to keep them from being merged into one Profile.

So I just want to confirm how the transferring works. There are four of us on our main MDE. Myself, wife, and two kids. We all have APs. My wife and I take a trip once per year without the kids. We can book 3 FPs for 9, 10, 11am on our bands. We book 3 FPs for our kids at 1, 2, 3pm. After the 3rd FP, we just "transfer" the FPs from our kids to us each hour after we use each transferred FP. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. Am I missing anything? No need for phantoms or a second MDE? Thanks

So I just want to confirm how the transferring works. There are four of us on our main MDE. Myself, wife, and two kids. We all have APs. My wife and I take a trip once per year without the kids. We can book 3 FPs for 9, 10, 11am on our bands. We book 3 FPs for our kids at 1, 2, 3pm. After the 3rd FP, we just "transfer" the FPs from our kids to us each hour after we use each transferred FP. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. Am I missing anything? No need for phantoms or a second MDE? Thanks
Perfect! ::yes::

Many tickets can be reassigned. (Obviously not annual passes.) Let's say you have one day left on a non-expiring hopper. You can use that ticket to prebook FP for one day for one guest in your group. You can then reassign the same ticket to another person on your MDE and also book for that person. And a third time, a fourth, etc. etc.
Can partial days on a non expiring ticket be reassigned? I am not able to do that.

I'm lost with all of the MDE, AP, phantoms, multiple accounts, FP transfer etc.

My approach was a little simpler. I have plastic tickets from kids senior class trips. They were never attached to an MDE. My understanding is as of June 6th, if I tried these at a kiosk for SDFP, I would get denied because they do not have valid admission.

Is that correct?

Furthermore, with this process, I have little hope of finding a new loophole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter