SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so are you saying that you reassigned a ticket to a phantom person, made FPs for that phantom and then reassigned that same ticket back to the person that it was assigned to originally and you think that locked your MDE account?
I didn't reassign it back to the original profile (thinking that my non-expiring ticket on the original profile was good enough), so the original profile had FP's, but it appears that according to Disney, no ticket assigned to it. Now that I have the tickets reassigned back to the original profiles, I'm hoping I have corrected the problem (if not, I guess I won't have any FP's on my main profile come tomorrow!).

So just to clarify, you booked the SDFP at a kiosk (per usual) and then transferred using Change Party on the app?
Is this the way to go now instead of the NBFP's?? If I do the NBFP and get that dreaded email THEN I can simply scan the MB's that morning at the kiosk and try the CPFP? I'm trying to figure the best route to take before our 1st Park day at MK June 5th. Stressful:crazy2:

Last edited:
You can't used CPFP in this situation correct....
Extras set of band that were going to be for sdfp, book a fp
Reassign it to a "real" band that has three fp booked for later in the day

This whole new situation is really screwing me because I use the sdfp bands in morning/afternoon since we are not morning people and don't want to book then miss scheduled times.
So 80% of my scheduled fp are afternoon/night

You can't used CPFP in this situation correct....
Extras set of band that were going to be for sdfp, book a fp
Reassign it to a "real" band that has three fp booked for later in the day
Correct; it won't work. No more than the Initial 3 and then one at a time after the Initial 3 are used.

Not that I don't enjoy the fascinating discussion about SDFP and all the loopholes - it's a rollercoaster of its own!

But! I am not one little wee bit surprised that Disney finally decided they had the tech capacity to funnel the FP+ availability calendar through a filtering process that actually verifies paid admission first! Leaving the calendar open, as it were, to anybody who wanted to hop in and edit something... well, eventually the system is overtasked with resolving case-by-case exceptions of figuring out logistically how to have any kind of accurate data. It's like the world's most torturous word problem...

if Grumpy is driving a 4 car train and Dopey is driving a handcar and Doc is driving a 3 car train, how long will it take them to move the load of gemstones? Account for random variable of Happy falling off a ledge onto the tracks and subsequent consequence, also account for rain which will slow the cars by 10 mph slower overall on the trip... Is that Happy falling again or are the Dwarves hallucinating after another all-nighter shift again? And who said that Snow White got a free ride in the engineer's cab? ;) That affects the mileage!

If you could check booking a SDFP using a card/band without ticket media attached and then transfer it to someone with tickets (even at the end of the day) just to make sure I'm not the only one who can do this ;) we'd really appreciate having another data point!

Will do. I have 6 SDFP bands for 6 people, and my 3rd FP+ starts at 11:50am, after which I'll try switching something over.

By the way, I ran into Joe Rohde at AKL this afternoon and chatted about Aulani for a while. He was just standing there looking out at his creation like Anthony Hopkins in Westworld.

It seems it is all anecdotal until after the mysterious transition happening on or around June 5, but I am loving all the experiments of what works and what doesn't now...and it will be interesting to see what remains and still works after the change. File this one under "where there is a will, there's a way!". I am glad I have a month after the switch to sort out my plans! Thank you to all who are testing the theories!

Is this the way to go now instead of the NBFP's?? If I do the NBFP and get that dreaded email THEN I can simply scan the MB's that morning at the kiosk and try the CPFP? I'm trying to figure the best route to take before our 1st Park day at MK June 5th. Stressful:crazy2:
:thumbsup2

The Disney email is meant to be helpful, really. And it doesn't mean the NBFP are gone. They will probably still last another 24 hours or longer. The email is just a reminder to make sure you know you have a profile in need of a ticket. While that's true, it's also true that Disney is tightening up the loopholes. We don't know for sure if actions on the MDE can result in an account being locked, but it's possible. So it might be best to avoid NBFP (which features profiles from which tickets have been assigned away but temporarily retain FP) until we know which way the wind is blowing. If you don't have enough ticketed profiles amongst your friends and family that can be used as donors, just book SDFP at the kiosks (on bands with no tickets) and use Change Party to convert the SDFP (which won't work after June 6) to CPFP (4th, 5th, etc. FP) on your entry bands.

On June 5th, book your SDFP - then check this thread to see if anyone has reported successfully using SDFP to enter a ride that morning. If there are no reports, I would just give it a try, if I were you. If you have to phone Guest Services (you don't have to walk to Town Square), it's not a big deal. Then you can be our hero as you report back to the thread and tell us what happens!! You know how Disney is with delays - it's possible that SDFP will continue to work for weeks or more. On June 5th, I'd sooner take a chance entering a ride with SDFP from the kiosks than I would with using NBFP.

Hmm I just had a thought about CPFP with the new expiring tickets. Will you not be eligible to prebook FP+ once the tickets "expire" in MDE? Something to be tested starting 1/1/19? lol

I'll report back on June 5, as we will be at MK and it's the last day that my step daughter is here before going back to KC early on the 6th. After the daughter leaves, it will be just myself and my 9 year old here until July 8. We have our AP's and will have the daughter's AP and two other phantoms that have tickets attached. And then, if they work, we have 5 other phantom FP's that can be used for SDFP's. If they work, great. If not, I'll be happy with the transfer method, using the 3 extra ticketed MB. My guess is, at some point, I and my son will be tired of going 3-4 hours in the morning and the same at night.

The Disney email is meant to be helpful, really. And it doesn't mean the NBFP are gone. They will probably still last another 24 hours or longer. The email is just a reminder to make sure you know you have a profile in need of a ticket. While that's true, it's also true that Disney is tightening up the loopholes. We don't know for sure if actions on the MDE can result in an account being locked, but it's possible. So it might be best to avoid NBFP (which features profiles from which tickets have been assigned away but temporarily retain FP) until we know which way the wind is blowing. If you don't have enough ticketed profiles amongst your friends and family that can be used as donors, just book SDFP at the kiosks (on bands with no tickets) and use Change Party to convert the SDFP (which won't work after June 6) to CPFP (4th, 5th, etc. FP) on your entry bands.

On June 5th, book your SDFP - then check this thread to see if anyone has reported successfully using SDFP to enter a ride that morning. If there are no reports, I would just give it a try, if I were you. If you have to phone Guest Services (you don't have to walk to Town Square), it's not a big deal. Then you can be our hero as you report back to the thread and tell us what happens!! You know how Disney is with delays - it's possible that SDFP will continue to work for weeks or more. On June 5th, I'd sooner take a chance entering a ride with SDFP from the kiosks than I would with using NBFP.
Great info! But I'm thinking that I will attempt to use the NBFP on the 5th. It is worth a shot (and convenient) and they are on a secondary MDE(one tkt only) with attached MB's. If that fails I do have a third MDE acct with MB's (no tkts atttached) that I will use for SDFP and attempt to transfer via the CPFP function.
My fingers are crossed for some kind of delay from Disney of a few days or weeks like you mentioned. How dare they make our vacation so complicated:)? Either way I will report back on the 5th. Thanks Scrap and to all who are trying to figure this whole thing out!

Hmm I just had a thought about CPFP with the new expiring tickets. Will you not be eligible to prebook FP+ once the tickets "expire" in MDE? Something to be tested starting 1/1/19? lol
I've been wondering the same thing.

I just thought of a question, that I'm sure has been asked before, but I can't find the answer...if you went the CPFP route with a ticket phantom, after the main profile has used up its' original 3 FP's, and you then transfer (CP) the first FP from the phantom (such that there are 2 FP's now remaining for the phantom) to the main profile, could you then add on a third FP to the phantom? Transfer FP, add FP, repeat...as long as you have used your initial 3 FP's on the main profile. Asumming this could work (and having a ticketed phantom), the convenient thing with this route vs SDFP/NBFP is that it can all be done on the app and you won't ever have to visit a kiosk...

I just thought of a question, that I'm sure has been asked before, but I can't find the answer...if you went the CPFP route with a ticket phantom, after the main profile has used up its' original 3 FP's, and you then transfer (CP) the first FP from the phantom (such that there are 2 FP's now remaining for the phantom) to the main profile, could you then add on a third FP to the phantom? Transfer FP, add FP, repeat...as long as you have used your initial 3 FP's on the main profile. Asumming this could work (and having a ticketed phantom), the convenient thing with this route vs SDFP/NBFP is that it can all be done on the app and you won't ever have to visit a kiosk...
I posed this question yesterday as I've never used ticketed phantoms. It seems after transferring 1 FP from donor, leaving 2, the donor should then have an available FP slot to fill as the system would recognize this as having 3 available as opposed to the one-at-a-time rule that applies to 4th, 5th, etc.

If this is possible, I think it should just be a natural reflex to fill the donors FP slot after transferring to the recipient profile.

I am having a hard time understanding something..... can someone *please <3* clarify for me!! We are annual passholders. we have a separate set of magic bands on a completely separate MDE that we use (currently) for SDFP. This second set of MB is under DH name and has never been assigned tickets. Are we completely out of luck now? I don't understand?? What do we have to do to be able to do what you guys are saying (phantom people, etc)? I would truly appreciate someone who can answer this for me!! thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter