Sea Raycers And Sammy Duvall Watersports Centre

No I wouldn't say so. Unless Disney has announced a permanent closing I would fully expect them to be back running again soon

I think FWC just said today they have stopped searching to alligators and confident they found the one that attacked. (also gave some interesting numbers like 27ish or so gators removed this year so far and hundreds the last decade but I'm not reading it so that might be off).

I think we'll be hearing more things reopening and perhaps there is some new policies they need to first get in place before they let people out in them (and the insurance company is made happy).

Tikiman posted on his Facebook that the Sea Raycers are available to rent again starting today. Not sure about the water sports though. :)

Here's the official advisory from the HUB, posted today:
Resort beaches are now available to Guests one hour after sunrise until one hour prior to sunset. These areas now include signage and temporary barriers to further promote safety at our resort and we continue to work on permanent, long-term solutions. Cast Members will staff the beaches to assist Guests.
Walt Disney World Resort hotels with marinas are now offering all boat rentals for Guests. This includes Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre, which also offers water activities at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, 9:00am -5:00pm daily.

Days after shark attacks people are on the beaches and in the water, we should not live in fear of nature/wildlife. Was in Ft. Meyers beach 2 summers ago and had a person struck and killed by lightening on the beach. The next day, same type of storm and people were not leaving the beach........go figure.

I'm still wondering how popular the water-skiing will be.
Water-skiing is popular all over Florida even with 1.6 or so million alligator in the state. The key is to ski in designated and approved bodies of water. Bay lake is quite safe. You might notice that they don't allow you to launch directly from shore or in the canals, only in the deep section of the lake.

Note: Alligators are not big on open water swimming, they enjoy warm shallow marshy areas that are quiet and have a place to "sun" during the day when the weather / water is cool.

Dave

Water-skiing is popular all over Florida even with 1.6 or so million alligator in the state. The key is to ski in designated and approved bodies of water. Bay lake is quite safe. You might notice that they don't allow you to launch directly from shore or in the canals, only in the deep section of the lake.

Note: Alligators are not big on open water swimming, they enjoy warm shallow marshy areas that are quiet and have a place to "sun" during the day when the weather / water is cool.

Dave
GREAT info,but I still find it ironic that Disney has a strict "No Swimming" policy but is fine with Guiests getting in Bay Lake to water-ski.

Even it alligators are taken out of the picture,what about the brain-eating amoeba that's always talked about?

GREAT info,but I still find it ironic that Disney has a strict "No Swimming" policy but is fine with Guiests getting in Bay Lake to water-ski.

Even it alligators are taken out of the picture,what about the brain-eating amoeba that's always talked about?
the amoeba thing is also rare. And you are more inclined to get it on the edge of lakes and rivers not in the middle of lakes where skiing happens.
http://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-eating-amoeba

The amoeba that everyone talks about is not just located in Florida you know.

The amoeba that everyone talks about is not just located in Florida you know.
Yes,I was just reading about the North Carolins fatality.

I'm just surprised Disney is letting Guests into Bay Lake at this point in time.

Considering there was no response to the 1986 alligator attack at Fort Wilderness,I was thinking Disney would proceed with an OVER abundance of caution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter